The UK is too diverse for some Ukrainian refugees

Thickorita

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

Also, sorry, but the elephant in the room is that many European countries are also very homophobic. :skull:

Trying to frame progressives as "LOVERS OF ISLAM!!" and only caring about racism but not homophobia is a nonsensical tactic when anyone with eyes and a brain can remember that uhhh Ukrainians aren't exactly known for being the most pro-LGBT people either! Even with growing acceptance, most Ukrainians still do not support even civil unions for gay people.

Do-you-support-the-introduction-of-registered-partnership-for-same-sex-couples-similar-to-regular-marriage-but-without-the-right-to-co-adoption-of-children-eng.png

Only 12% of Ukrainians report having positive feelings about LGBT people at large. :skull:

How-do-you-feel-about-LGBT-homo-bisexual-and-transgender-people-in-general-eng.png

So? Mind your ******* business

nightmare-slow.thumb.gif.b84412e9a8c7306

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jinzo

• Communion

• IBeMe

• Headlock

2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I'm not going to engage any further with your ridiculous claims. You can go back and carefully re read my initial post which you took offense to and see what I'm saying. I'm calling out Putin AND calling out Ukraine's CLEAR racism issue. Did you forget how they blocked black women and children from escaping Ukraine while bombs were being hurled at them and had a "skin color ranking system" for who can leave the country? The real travesty here is the fact that you decided to nit pick someone's comment all because you were so offended Ukraine's racism was being called out. I said Putin was right about the nazism issue in Ukraine. Did I say it warranted an invasion and insane things he is doing there now? Of course not. Stop twisting things so you can excuse and deflect from Ukraine horrific track record with racism. It reflects poorly on you more than anything else. I'm done here.

I read your post then as im reading yours know, and I found it ignorant, russians dont have the moral compass to invade a country just like that woman opinion is abhorrent, its simple you could just said what a stupid and racist thing to say not trying to validate putins invasion.

2 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

I... there are no words :skull:

Sorry but just because a nation is being invaded does not mean we do not criticize it. wtf is this logic? Syria, Iraq, Yemen etc.. get lashings on this website REGULARLY.

Ukraine has in fact various nazi organizations in the nation. Again, did I say it deserves an invasion by Putin?! Hell no :skull: That said, Ukraine has a racism issue that needs to be addressed. End of. 

1 minute ago, PopKills said:

Maybe, instead of posting… things like this, think about how well over 90% of the Ukrainian population is white and therefore being confronted with other ethnical groups (and many) is naturally going to be a culture shock for the refugees? It’s now important to educate them! 

That's kind hearted and sweet. Can we award this sympathy and level of patients with everyone or are we just going to do it with Ukrainians because they are white and christian? 

Just now, Monceau said:

I read your post then as im reading yours know, and I found it ignorant, russians dont have the moral compass to invade a country just like that woman opinion is abhorrent, its simple you could just said what a stupid and racist thing to say not trying to validate putins invasion.

Again twisting words. Nowhere did I say Putin is valid in his invasion. This CLEARLY indicates to me you did not re read the post or you are having troubles processing it. 

Just now, whtvrdude said:

So? Mind your ******* business

"Americans don't get to criticize if we don't want certain types of people in our countries!!!!

But also keep the billion-dollar foreign aid packages coming!!!"

:skull:

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

That's kind hearted and sweet. Can we award this sympathy and level of patients with everyone or are we just going to do it with Ukrainians because they are white and christian? 

What other example are you thinking of? Also why would I care about them being white or Christian? :rip:

1 minute ago, Communion said:

"Americans don't get to criticize if we don't want certain types of people in our countries!!!!

But also keep the billion-dollar foreign aid packages coming!!!"

:skull:

Do you actually pay taxes? Cause babes

nightmare-slow.thumb.gif.b84412e9a8c7306nightmare-slow.thumb.gif.b84412e9a8c7306

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Again twisting words. Nowhere did I say Putin is valid in his invasion. This CLEARLY indicates to me you did not re read the post or you are having troubles processing it. 

whats putin reason to invade? what are your arguing putin has a point? it aint difficult to add up.

Just now, qurl said:

do you legitimately think Russian people don’t feel the same way ? :toofunny3: you don’t have to give Putin/Russia any “points” to condemn this type of behavior (that quite frankly is pretty common in a lot of eastern European countries)

Yes and you can re-read my first post where I LITERALLY said what you just said "russia and putin aint any better in that regard" :skull: LOL. 

I swear ppl just want to nit pick because they'd rather throw their anger at things like that than the actual issue at hand which is Ukraine's right winger, nazi, racism issues. 

Just now, Monceau said:

whats putin reason to invade? what are your arguing putin has a point? it aint difficult to add up.

Sis at this point your just trying to bait something and invent things that do not exist. No one said Russia should invade Ukraine or that Ukraine deserves an invasion. I'm sorry but at this point you are choosing to straight up lie. 

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Sis at this point your just trying to bait something and invent things that do not exist. No one said Russia should invade Ukraine or that Ukraine deserves an invasion. I'm sorry but at this point you are choosing to straight up lie. 

you said what you said, Im not the only one here that caught the same vibe. You could just call a woman a racist not calling a whole country nazi.

6 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Yes and you can re-read my first post where I LITERALLY said what you just said "russia and putin aint any better in that regard" :skull: LOL. 

I swear ppl just want to nit pick because they'd rather throw their anger at things like that than the actual issue at hand which is Ukraine's right winger, nazi, racism issues. 

i hid it bc i’m violently high and only read the first sentence :skull: but still , u know full well Putin has no “point” when they are guilty of the exact same king of bigotry and xenophobia. my larger point is that there’s no need to equivocate when all those east european/balkan weirdos feel the same way

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Sorry but just because a nation is being invaded does not mean we do not criticize it. wtf is this logic? Syria, Iraq, Yemen etc.. get lashings on this website REGULARLY.

Ukraine has in fact various nazi organizations in the nation. Again, did I say it deserves an invasion by Putin?! Hell no :skull: That said, Ukraine has a racism issue that needs to be addressed. End of. 

8 minutes ago, PopKills said:
  1. When Putin talks about "Ukrainian Nationalism", he is talking about the one that is allegedly targeted against ethnic Russians. I can assure you that he doesn't give a single **** about POC or Muslims, or whoever experience racism from some Ukrainan refugees that you are concrened about :rip:
  2. Casual racism that is exhibited in the tweet from OP (which is gross and should be condemned) doesn't mean that nazism has any significant traction in Ukranian politics. Far right parties have literally zero represntation in Verkhovna Rada at this point, for example, and the current reigning party is centrist. By your definition of nazism, any country that has racist or neo-nazi people could be classified as "the one with a nazi problem" (which is like... any country in the world :skull:)

2 minutes ago, bestfiction said:
  1. When Putin talks about "Ukrainian Nationalism", he is talking about the one that is allegedly targeted against ethnic Russians. I can assure you that he doesn't give a single **** about POC or Muslims, or whoever experience racism from some Ukrainan refugees that you are concrened about :rip:
  2. Casual racism that is exhibited in the tweet from OP (which is gross and should be condemned) doesn't mean that nazism has any significant traction in Ukranian politics. Far right parties have literally zero represntation in Verkhovna Rada at this point, for example, and the current reigning party is centrist. By your definition of nazism, any country that has racist or neo-nazi people could be classified as "the one with a nazi problem" (which is like... any country in the world :skull:)

Girl my initial post literally also said Russia and Putin are just as bad when it comes ot racism :rip: Yall just dont want to read and then jump on triggered rants. 

Everything you just said, I've said in my back and forths with other members and non of it invalidates what I said about Ukraine having a horrible racism issue (just as other nations have as well). 

6 minutes ago, Monceau said:

you said what you said, Im not the only one here that caught the same vibe. You could just call a woman a racist not calling a whole country nazi.

You made WILD claims off of a "vibe". Yeah there was absolutely no point. 

Let's chalk it up to a misunderstanding I guess cuz that's the only thing that makes sense at this point :skull: 

5 minutes ago, qurl said:

i hid it bc i’m violently high and only read the first sentence :skull: but still , u know full well Putin has no “point” when they are guilty of the exact same king of bigotry and xenophobia. my larger point is that there’s no need to equivocate when all those east european/balkan weirdos feel the same way

Now this is some tea lol. you're right tbh

21 minutes ago, whtvrdude said:

Do you actually pay taxes? 

Again, where do you think those billion-dollar foreign aid packages are coming from? :celestial5:

If your only response to addressing European racism is "Americans shouldn't pay attention to Europe", then just keep that same energy. If you're honestly saying you think diversity and racial inclusion or somehow ~American things~ that have no place in Europe, the logical conclusion to that would then be America not being involved *at all* in the affairs of largely racially and ethnically homogenous countries, no?

You see why that is silly, right? Any normal, well-adjusted person would just respond to the topic like "good for that woman for helping Ukrainian refugees try and unlearn their racism; hopefully this shows conservatives that their hardline anti-Muslim refugee stances are wrong and bigoted". It's really that simple!

The only reason for anyone to come into this thread swinging is if they are trying to die on the hill that non-white migrants, let alone refugees, don't "belong" in Europe and somehow the hypocrisy underlined by racist Ukrainians doesn't make their Islamophobia look worse. Do some of you really believe that? :biblio:

Genuinely there should be no conflict or tension with the reality of the thread unless one is already trying to convince people certain (read: brown) refugees don't belong in Europe and the reality that not all white Europeans share the same culture destroys one's argument. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

On 1/28/2023 at 8:13 PM, Communion said:

Eastern Orthodox Christianity?

Please, enlighten us on how Eastern Orthodoxy murders gays and treats women like second class citizens.

And don't cite the Russian Orthodox Church as an example. 

Edited by Pendulum

The audacity of any refugee being unhappy with their current safe location because it's too... diverse. Do the black and gay people upset you? Well I guess it's either diversity or war, choose wisely. :) 

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

Again, where do you think those billion-dollar foreign aid packages are coming from? :celestial5:

If your only response to addressing European racism is "Americans shouldn't pay attention to Europe", then just keep that same energy. If you're honestly saying you think diversity and racial inclusion or somehow ~American things~ that have no place in Europe, the logical conclusion to that would then be America not being involved *at all* in the affairs of largely racially and ethnically homogenous countries, no?

You see why that is silly, right? Any normal, well-adjusted person would just respond to the topic like "good for that woman for helping Ukrainian refugees try and unlearn their racism; hopefully this shows conservatives that their hardline anti-Muslim refugee stances are wrong and bigoted". It's really that simple!

The only reason for anyone to come into this thread swinging is if they are trying to die on the hill that non-white migrants, let alone refugees, don't "belong" in Europe and somehow the hypocrisy underlined by racist Ukrainians doesn't make their Islamophobia look worse. Do some of you really believe that? :biblio:

Genuinely there should be no conflict or tension with the reality of the thread unless one is already trying to convince people certain (read: brown) refugees don't belong in Europe and the reality that not all white Europeans share the same culture destroys one's argument. :deadbanana4:

You are white. Where do we go from here?

nightmare-slow.thumb.gif.b84412e9a8c7306

16 minutes ago, whtvrdude said:

You are white.

Yes. And I think my country should be open to people of every religion, race, and ethnicity.

Why is that concept so hard for some of you to agree with? :deadbanana4:

And clearly most British people agree with me as an American given the knee-jerk reply by some of you in mainland Europe to try and convince progressive British people that racism is okay in their society. :skull: 

I promise you your nation won't collapse from having Muslims. Like this can't be a serious conversation. You have to be trolling, right? 

Edited by Communion

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

You made WILD claims off of a "vibe". Yeah there was absolutely no point. 

Let's chalk it up to a misunderstanding I guess cuz that's the only thing that makes sense at this point :skull: 

Now this is some tea lol. you're right tbh

no wild claims the one saying putin had made some point is you....

1 minute ago, Monceau said:

no wild claims the one saying putin had made some point is you....

You made tons of wild claims. do I have to tell you to not only re read my posts now but also yours? Come on now :skull: 

On 1/26/2023 at 12:36 PM, IBeMe said:

Maybe Putin has a point about Ukraine having a Nazi problem (not that he or Russia is any better though in that regard)

!

4 minutes ago, Monceau said:

!

and what exactly is wrong here? When I said once again, that Putin and Russia is just as bad with racism, when I explained that this did not justify an invasion and when I explained that Ukraine does in fact have a major racism, right winger and nazi issue? 

Don't worry @IBeMe. It's noted how there are users only focusing on your poorly worded post that you've now clarified over and over while letting users like jinzo say  that Muslims are "being imported into Europe by the millions" without any kind of pushback. 

Interesting how people claim there must be no ground ceded to Putin yet Russia's presence in Syria somehow hasn't meant that Europeans have opened up their arms and hearts to Syrian refugees. :celestial5: In fact, we're told to believe that somehow Syrians are both being bombed by Putin but that they MUST stay away and out of Europe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.