The UK is too diverse for some Ukrainian refugees

Thickorita

4 minutes ago, jinzo said:

Do you have anything substantive to add or just Tiktok-level child speak?

You knew what I meant. Don't speak in xenophobic dogwhistles and act oblivious when someone calls you out on it. Refugees fleeing conflict are not being "imported in their millions" :rip:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jinzo

• Communion

• IBeMe

• Headlock

5 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

You knew what I meant. Don't speak in xenophobic dogwhistles and act oblivious when someone calls you out on it. Refugees fleeing conflict are not being "imported in their millions" :rip:

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/germany.html

In the middle of 2021, Germany reported almost 1.24 million refugees 

It's a literal fact that's widely accessible. That's one country, add the 40+ other countries in Europe and you get a figure in the many millions. Sorry if that crushes your worldview.

Anyway, instead of arguing over pointless semantics, back to my original point. Why is it that we import millions and millions of people with a certain belief and there is absolutely no problem at all, don't you dare question it, how dare you have a problem with it - and then when we see another one it's anger and fury and dismay and rage? Neither are welcome, in my book. 

They can always return if they want. 

They should be grateful that the country has decided to host them. 

Complaining about diversity as if some White British people would be the ones accepting them instead is laughable. Half of the country is against people like her too.

58 minutes ago, jinzo said:

That's one country

Almost like that country has that many because the various others aren't doing their part.

You're not "importing" anything. Import implies as though some group is willfully taking people who were just living somewhere else and extracting them from one country to another. You're a British man (whose online presence is about making fun of Cher Lloyd and Jessie J :skull:). Your country's involvement in pointless wars that has caused massive displacement of people gives you no standing to be this bigoted. 

Europe is not "importing millions of people". You're having to reconcile with the result of your countries' bloodthirst that has caused a massive displacement of people for the search of oil and military control of a region.

Let alone that the 2nd largest population for refugees' origin in Europe is still likely.. another European country.

1200px-Map_of_the_European_Migrant_Crisi

5 hours ago, jinzo said:

Certain religions are known to murder gays and treat women like second-class citizens and progressive leftists seem to think importing millions in won't be a problem at all. 

Meanwhile, one woman says something which is of course heinous and unacceptable and suddenly there's a problem. 

The double standards. :skull: 

The blatant racism still being spewed on this forum, yikes :skull:

The way y'all love to drag entire countries just because a few of their citizens have bigoted views. :toofunny3: That one post trying to justify Putin's invasion of Ukraine just because a small percentage of Ukrainian refugees are suffering from culture shock is absolutely disgusting. :biblio:

On 1/26/2023 at 12:36 PM, IBeMe said:

Maybe Putin has a point about Ukraine having a Nazi problem (not that he or Russia is any better though in that regard)

what an incredible ignorant comment. 

14 hours ago, Communion said:

Almost like that country has that many because the various others aren't doing their part.

You're not "importing" anything. Import implies as though some group is willfully taking people who were just living somewhere else and extracting them from one country to another. You're a British man (whose online presence is about making fun of Cher Lloyd and Jessie J :skull:). Your country's involvement in pointless wars that has caused massive displacement of people gives you no standing to be this bigoted. 

Europe is not "importing millions of people". You're having to reconcile with the result of your countries' bloodthirst that has caused a massive displacement of people for the search of oil and military control of a region.

Let alone that the 2nd largest population for refugees' origin in Europe is still likely.. another European country.

1200px-Map_of_the_European_Migrant_Crisi

HAHAHA

Once again, ATRL can't face the actual real meat of the argument so they get caught up on one little word or one little soundbite and think they're all sassy and iconic  with something they've copied and pasted from Twitter or some other commentator. Ooh, and a personal attack, shouldn't you be warned for that? Or are those policies only applicable to certain people?

Why don't you try answering the actual purpose of what I'm getting at:

Anyway, instead of arguing over pointless semantics, back to my original point. Why is it that we import millions and millions of people with a certain belief and there is absolutely no problem at all, don't you dare question it, how dare you have a problem with it - and then when we see another one it's anger and fury and dismay and rage? Neither are welcome, in my book. 

If there isn't a Twitter thread about it yet, it's fine, I can wait!

Why is one unacceptable belief okay and another unacceptable belief not? I'd love to hear that take from the camp from between Pol Pot and Chairman Mao on the Overton Window on this matter, I feel like it's really been missing and I'm sure it'll bring a ton of balance and nuance to the debate! 

Also, sidebar: I love that it's 'bigoted' to ask why it's totally ok to import millions of homophobic and misogynistic bigots into a continent and ONLY to take umbrage at the certain other section of bigots :skull: so one set of bigots are ok and another lot of bigots are totally indefensible? :skull: why don't you take a full anti-bigot stance if you hate bigotry so much? I guess it's right what they say about the horseshoe. It gets so curved it becomes a circle and circles back, huh :skull: 

Edited by jinzo

12 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The blatant racism still being spewed on this forum, yikes :skull:

Where did I mention a specific race? The only people denigrating race are the people on here acting like one Ukrainian person = the entire Ukranian nationality. Seems pretty racist to me! :heart2: 

11 minutes ago, jinzo said:

HAHAHA

Once again, ATRL can't face the actual real meat of the argument so they get caught up on one little word or one little soundbite and think they're all sassy and iconic  with something they've copied and pasted from Twitter or some other commentator. Ooh, and a personal attack, shouldn't you be warned for that? Or are those policies only applicable to certain people?

Why don't you try answering the actual purpose of what I'm getting at:

If there isn't a Twitter thread about it yet, it's fine, I can wait!

Why is one unacceptable belief okay and another unacceptable belief not? I'd love to hear that take from the camp from between Pol Pot and Chairman Mao on the Overton Window on this matter, I feel like it's really been missing and I'm sure it'll bring a ton of balance and nuance to the debate! 

Also, sidebar: I love that it's 'bigoted' to ask why it's totally ok to import millions of homophobic and misogynistic bigots into a continent and ONLY to take umbrage at the certain other section of bigots :skull: so one set of bigots are ok and another lot of bigots are totally indefensible? :skull: why don't you take a full anti-bigot stance if you hate bigotry so much? I guess it's right what they say about the horseshoe. It gets so curved it becomes a circle and circles back, huh :skull: 

Tore her up

8 hours ago, Monceau said:

what an incredible ignorant comment. 

I find racism repulsive. Sorry you don't. 

12 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

The way y'all love to drag entire countries just because a few of their citizens have bigoted views. :toofunny3: That one post trying to justify Putin's invasion of Ukraine just because a small percentage of Ukrainian refugees are suffering from culture shock is absolutely disgusting. :biblio:

This

6 hours ago, jinzo said:

Why is one unacceptable belief okay and another unacceptable belief not?

No one "answered" this nonsensical "question" because no one has ever said either is acceptable. You create a false position that no one has taken to justify you being an Islamophobic racist white dude who votes for Tories and thinls being an edgy racist online is funny. Homophobia isn't fine and neither is racism, but neither disqualify refugees because *refugees are displaced people*.  

No one has said Ukrainian racism disqualifies Ukrainian refugees from deserving asylum or refugee status.

The only point has been made is pointing out the hypocrisy for those who rush to defend this while making their entire stance on refugees from the Middle East is that THOSE people are "at odds with our culture".

You should be answering the question. Why is Ukrainian racism fine to you but Muslim homophobia not? Why is it fine for someone with blonde hair and blue eyes to reject the British culture of anti-racism and diversity but you think "OUR WAY OF LIFE IS UNDER ATTACK" if a Syrian refugee says they don't support gay marriage? Why is the latter deemed an attack against your entire way of life but white supremacy in the former okay? Because you're materially invested in white supremacy by nature of being a British conservative white man?

Edited by Communion

4 hours ago, IBeMe said:

I find racism repulsive. Sorry you don't. 

putin apologist, my response is a reply on YOUR disgusting comment not over racism, it flew over your head.

5 minutes ago, Monceau said:

putin apologist, my response is a reply on YOUR disgusting comment not over racism, it flew over your head.

nah. I clearly said he is horrible LOL. Nice try deflecting though.

Oh and learn how to read or do not engage. 

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

nah. I clearly said he is horrible LOL. Nice try deflecting though.

Oh and learn how to read or do not engage. 

deflect all you want no one forced you to write "Maybe Putin has a point".

Just now, Monceau said:

deflect all you want no one forced you to write "Maybe Putin has a point".

Again, no one forced you to be a racism apologist either. Let it go and move on. Your point doesn't stand. End of.

2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Again, no one forced you to be a racism apologist either. Let it go and move on. Your point doesn't stand. End of.

Calling you ignorant dosen't make me a racist but arguing Putin may has a point over an ongoing invasion does make YOU a putin apologist.

Also, sorry, but the elephant in the room is that many European countries are also very homophobic. :skull:

Trying to frame progressives as "LOVERS OF ISLAM!!" and only caring about racism but not homophobia is a nonsensical tactic when anyone with eyes and a brain can remember that uhhh Ukrainians aren't exactly known for being the most pro-LGBT people either! Even with growing acceptance, most Ukrainians still do not support even civil unions for gay people.

Do-you-support-the-introduction-of-registered-partnership-for-same-sex-couples-similar-to-regular-marriage-but-without-the-right-to-co-adoption-of-children-eng.png

Only 12% of Ukrainians report having positive feelings about LGBT people at large. :skull:

How-do-you-feel-about-LGBT-homo-bisexual-and-transgender-people-in-general-eng.png

Of course none of these things would disqualify *people fleeing war* from asylum and no normal people largely would make that argument, which is what this entire conversations is actually about. The way that Europeans across the political spectrum weaponize queer people and acceptance of us without actually being committed to that view to justify racist stances they have regarding both diversity and refugees from the Middle East. 

None of this is actually about Islam or homophobia. It's because many Europeans view Ukrainians as human while not viewing Arabs or Muslims, depending on the country of origin being discussed, as humans and thus not deserving of the same grace as the other. 

It's fine for "Petro" to find two men kissing disgusting but "Ahmad" holding the same view means George Soros and the globalist progressives are "mass importing millions of refugees" into your country to "destroy your way of life as proud Europeans"? Shut up. :skull:

Edited by Communion

1 minute ago, Monceau said:

Calling you ignorant dosen't make me a racist but arguing Putin may has a point over an ongoing invasion does make YOU a putin apologist.

I'm not going to engage any further with your ridiculous claims. You can go back and carefully re read my initial post which you took offense to and see what I'm saying. I'm calling out Putin AND calling out Ukraine's CLEAR racism issue. Did you forget how they blocked black women and children from escaping Ukraine while bombs were being hurled at them and had a "skin color ranking system" for who can leave the country? The real travesty here is the fact that you decided to nit pick someone's comment all because you were so offended Ukraine's racism was being called out. I said Putin was right about the nazism issue in Ukraine. Did I say it warranted an invasion and insane things he is doing there now? Of course not. Stop twisting things so you can excuse and deflect from Ukraine horrific track record with racism. It reflects poorly on you more than anything else. I'm done here.

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

I said Putin was right about the nazism issue in Ukraine.

I... there are no words :skull:

On 1/26/2023 at 6:36 PM, IBeMe said:

Maybe Putin has a point about Ukraine having a Nazi problem (not that he or Russia is any better though in that regard)

Maybe, instead of posting… things like this, think about how well over 90% of the Ukrainian population is white and therefore being confronted with other ethnical groups (and many) is naturally going to be a culture shock for the refugees? It’s now important to educate them! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.