Is Renaissance one of the worst eras in recent years?

rcksluke

Yes. The most viral moment of the era (outside of Cuff It on TT which doesn’t even count because it just became a legitimate hit) was her live vocals of a ten year old song :deadbanana2: I hate her and the album deserved better. I’m extra ****** off they promised us so much excitement pre album and for what

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rcksluke

• Lose My Breath

• Maxxie

• whtvrdude

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that visual teaser wasn’t released. It just now feels like we’re being edged with a limp di ck. Still streaming Ren tho because she’s just that girl.

Edited by Avenue

As the wise Robbie turner once said: Make them want more, and then don't give it to them.

5 minutes ago, Trash said:

As the wise Robbie turner once said: Make them want more, and then don't give it to them.

:deadbanana4:

Yes, she somehow manages to lower the bar even further with each release.  Eventually she’s just going to randomly drop albums every 6 years with zero announcement and no visuals.  No interviews, nothing.  

3 hours ago, Mirtilo said:

and apparently will not perform at the Grammys 

said who? ofc she’s performing at the grammys :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Trash said:

This is exactly what a couple MPG do now. they go into hiding or don't be active, so that when they do come out it makes whatever theyre releasign hit extra hard. its like encouraging being 'frontloaded' a lot of the time imo though.

18 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

said who? ofc she’s performing at the grammys :coffee2:

HDD earlier said neither Adele Bey or Taylor has been booked to perform yet, said Adele probably won’t even attend

Yes, very sad too cause visuals for this album really could have been next level.

4 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

It’s been absolutely terrible, especially for the fans..  

3 hours ago, rcksluke said:

I feel bad for her stans tbh :deadbanana4:

I don't understand this mentality at all. Can any artist's fans not live their lives unless their fave goes all out with videos, interviews, tour etc? If one of my faves releases music I'll be excited sure but that's where it ends. This kind of 'you owe us everything so you have to give us everything' mindset screams no-life-having, loser energy. As if the music all by itself isn't 99.9% responsible for turning someone into a fan of an artist. Even I, a part-time OBH, understand that she wanted to make a bold statement and I applaud her that she managed to do that, successfully nonetheless.

Edited by dumbsparce

20 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

HDD earlier said neither Adele Bey or Taylor has been booked to perform yet, said Adele probably won’t even attend

beyoncé was "in talks" to perform 2 days ago tho and never missed a performance when nominated for the big awards i really doubt she wouldn’t perform… yeah her foot blabla but she can just sit on a sofa and perform POTS/Virgo’s Groove if needed

it’s giving fat lie to maximize the surprise effect idk, just like they said she wouldn’t perform at the oscar’s and yet :deadbanana2:

Even if it has been a hit in the charts, the album is good but imo not great enough to be left on its own without visuals, videos, performances, interviews and other gigs that make eras really worthy and entertaining. 

7 hours ago, Power love said:

Ava max

Ava has had like 9 months of music videos, singles, a Christmas mini-era/ the Jingle Bell Ball Tour, interviews, magazine photoshoots, awards show performances, New Years Eve, and the album isn't even out yet.

Things started off slow, but Ava has picked up promo steam rapidly since Autumn. Looking forward to her world tour, and deluxe edition album release this year. 

ezgif-2-e79e91b070.thumb.gif.b2fd1bfa04b

Edited by Reginald

Yes.

One of the worst albums ever too :snowman:

She’s so lazy, it’s hilarious. :toofunny2:

I would feel bad for her stans but they told us this would be the comeback of the century but all this era has given is her performing in a country with hardly any human rights, conformation that she hates her fans, and released an album that sounds like something a drag queen who came 7th in Drag Race would release, so a bit of egg on their face is perfect I think!

Yeah, it’s been her most tone deaf era yet. Especially since this music is so good and is supposedly a love letter to queer culture, she’s done nothing but ignore her largely queer poc fan base and instead is chasing checks and avoiding giving any sort of update on what is actually happening. It’s not only her though, the pop landscape is more and more looking like we are just pawns in schemes to make money and dip without making any genuine connection 

6 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

She’s so lazy, it’s hilarious. :toofunny2:

I would feel bad for her stans but they told us this would be the comeback of the century but all this era has given is her performing in a country with hardly any human rights, conformation that she hates her fans, and released an album that sounds like something a drag queen who came 7th in Drag Race would release, so a bit of egg on their face is perfect I think!

She's not lazy, she's a mother of three who's been releasing music for 25 years. If she wants just drop an album and dip, that's her right. The music is great though!

Whatever you have with her stans take it up with them directly.

taylor-swift-afterglow.thumb.jpg.8c60fa8

She is proving that she can sell without promo, visuals and only on her brand, legacy and name.

I just don’t get the point of teasing visuals clearly ready and then not releasing them. 

Yeah its kinda boring.

But there are visuals, right? Isn’t they for a movie or something like that? Probably the movie will be the act II.

And how an era with a #1 single and album, with amazing songs one after the other on the album can be the worst? I wish I could be this sad with my fave lol