Chlöe - 'In Pieces'

kyliefever2002

22 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

the album just came out...

Most albums launch with a deluxe, but I think for newbies like Chloe it makes sense to save it to give the era a second wind and another chance at her a hit 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• EarStyle

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

1 minute ago, Otter said:

Most albums launch with a deluxe

not these days.... the deluxe is usually released weeks or months after the release date.

welp... those unreleased titles sound more interesting than the majority of the actual album.

strawberry lemonade? mantra? pendulum? you know there's some freaky productions going on...

26 minutes ago, humbz said:

welp... those unreleased titles sound more interesting than the majority of the actual album.

strawberry lemonade? mantra? pendulum? you know there's some freaky productions going on...

Your comment made me realize that IP isn't a good reflection of how interesting/creative an artist I believe Chloe is. Despite her having producer credit on most tracks, I still think she had better tracks than what was delivered. The original album would've been much more interesting based on Have Mercy, Treat Me, and For The Night. I would've rather heard a weird, out-there alternative r&b project that can grow on you over time. 

That's a whole 14 additional tracks considered for this album alone :deadbanana4:  She's better off adding the old singles plus another cut or two for the deluxe edition. Save the rest for a mixtape or a follow up album next year.

Definitely added the old singles to In Pieces and they truly fit in anyways. Have Mercy should have been taking seriously as the proper lead.

Edited by starstruckaj

"I'll Kill You" not being on the earlier version of the album too :deadbanana4:

That song is spot-on with what I expected from this album, I hope they release the full at some point. 

7 hours ago, KRZYINLUV said:

!!!!! there was a complete disconnect with/after TREAT ME and it was medium-key a downward spiral with her image from there on out with the general public. so, a lot of potential fans and support checked out. 

yea she started getting called corny and lost a lot of her hype. then that viral tweet calling her singles "empire" music really put the nail in coffin

she just needs a good reset and i think this album will grow on people if it can find a cute moment 

Dr. Alexander

Remember when being signed to an established artist's label would guarantee you at least a hit from your debut because the artist would assist them with their sound and singles? They would even help write and produce on the album, and guide them?

Examples such as:

Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song, Breathe Again, You Mean the World To Me (Babyface)}

Usher - You Make Me Wanna, Slow Dance, My Way (Babyface)

Pink - Most Girls, There You Go (Babyface)

Tatyana Ali - Daydreamin (Will Smith)

Brownstone - If You Love Me (Michael Jackson)

Allure - All Cried Out (Mariah Carey)

TLC - Aint 2 Proud 2 Beg, Baby-Baby-Baby, What About Your Friends (Babyface)

50 Cent - In Da Club (Eminem)

Nicki Minaj - Superbass and Moment 4 Life (Lil Wayne)

Drake - Find Your Love (Lil Wayne)

Ciara - All of her singles from her debut (Babyface)

I honestly believe Beyonce had zero input in this album. Of course, that is my speculation but hearing the music, that's sort of obvious.

^ experts with no expertise. This is the music that CHLOE wanted to release. 

9 hours ago, Otter said:

The 2 features on the album being Chris Brown and Future seems like such a misjudgement of her audience. Where are her peers? 

The Chris brown collab didn’t make sense but he was probably very easy to get.  Future definitely was a miscalculation though.

Not at rateyourmusic giving this album a 2.55/5 :redface:

Honestly like I said, everyone is exaggerating how bad this album is. It's mid for Chloe's standards, but overall, as an album, it is definitely above average. 7/10 imo like I said b4

3 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Remember when being signed to an established artist's label would guarantee you at least a hit from your debut because the artist would assist them with their sound and singles? They would even help write and produce on the album, and guide them?

Examples such as:

Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song, Breathe Again, You Mean the World To Me (Babyface)}

Usher - You Make Me Wanna, Slow Dance, My Way (Babyface)

Pink - Most Girls, There You Go (Babyface)

Tatyana Ali - Daydreamin (Will Smith)

Brownstone - If You Love Me (Michael Jackson)

Allure - All Cried Out (Mariah Carey)

TLC - Aint 2 Proud 2 Beg, Baby-Baby-Baby, What About Your Friends (Babyface)

50 Cent - In Da Club (Eminem)

Nicki Minaj - Superbass and Moment 4 Life (Lil Wayne)

Drake - Find Your Love (Lil Wayne)

Ciara - All of her singles from her debut (Babyface)

I honestly believe Beyonce had zero input in this album. Of course, that is my speculation but hearing the music, that's sort of obvious.

LOL. As someone said earlier, "experts with no expertise".

I think of this Parkwood venture as Beyoncé giving them 100% freedom BUT opening her rolodex if there is a dream collab they request. Too many people firmly in B's camp have collaborated with Chloe x Halle (and Ingrid) for what you said to be true. Keep in mind these are 5-time Grammy nominees.

- "Red Lights"? Hit-Boy / HAZEBANGA (Flawless, Rise Up, Jealous, XO, Feeling Myself, Thique)

- "Do It"? Scott Storch (Baby Boy, Naughty Girl, Me Myself & I)

- "Catch Up"? MikeWill Made-It (Formation)

- "Hi Lo"/"Everywhere"? Pluss (Formation)

- "If God Spoke"? Sidney Swift (7/11)

- "Forgive Me"/"BabyBird"? Derek Dixie (a huge chunk of ST, Lem, The Gift, Homecoming)

Solo Album Era:

- "Surprise"? Scott Storch (see above)

- "I Don't Mind"? P2J (The Gift, Move)

- "Looze U"? The Dream (B's most prolific collaborator)

- "Feel Me Cry"/("Be Yourself")? NovaWav (B's second-most prolific collaborators these days)

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

Dr. Alexander
2 hours ago, SoJro101 said:

experts with no expertise.

56 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

LOL. As someone said earlier, "experts with no expertise

Experts don’t make speculations. 

She says she listened to album, implying that it was already done. She certainly wasn’t going to tell her to scratch everything again. 

Thinking Of You

This is so upsetting. The album is utter garbage.

What the heck happened?

I was the one who created the thread for her solo career when she first announced it (which went ATRL Platinum) and I was rooting so hard for her.

5 hours ago, lovely88 said:

The Chris brown collab didn’t make sense but he was probably very easy to get.  Future definitely was a miscalculation though.

The song was originally Chris, Meek, and a female singer from philly. 

Why you worried 'bout me? Worried

I'm not worried, you not worthy

Oh, you hurt me, don't desert me

'Cause I'ma love me better at the end of the night (Oh)

200.gif

Body Do exits Apple Music R&B Top 200

How Does It Feel & Cheatback remain

Worried should be the next single

11 hours ago, SoJro101 said:

^ experts with no expertise. This is the music that CHLOE wanted to release. 

It’s obvious Bey heard 2 songs turned it off & just nodded her head saying yea girl it’s good…