Chlöe - 'In Pieces'

kyliefever2002

I can kinda hear Keyshia Cole or Tamar Braxton singing these songs as their album for some reason.

I think on this first listen I guess Looze U and Make It Look Easy are decent to my ears. Nothing caught my ear and made me like it instantly for this album like Have Mercy did.

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but I would probably listen to Have Mercy, Treat Me, Surprise, and For The Night (without latto) more than the album. I thought there would be some really strong tracks she would be holding after dropping Pray It Away. I don't even enjoy Body Do as much because it feels like something Ciara would release after 2018

Edited by Topaz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• EarStyle

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

3 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

It doesn’t matter if they are sonically on two different sides of R&B. What’s the point of even mentioning that? 

I can tell you this though, Erykah and Mary both released incredible work early in their careers. Chloe hasn’t. Halle will.

Now what?

it’s mentioned because their target audiences aren’t the same and I’m sure Halle’s rollout will be a lot smoother than Chloe’s.

Also your “critique” is solely based off favoring Halle more, so it’s not even a sincere take. but the “now what?” as if you cleared is hilarious. 

this is also her first album, there are a couple of artist who debuts didn’t hit the way they were expected but they went on to smash with their later work… so, saying her solo career is “doomed” off of her first effort is weird but go off Dr. 

Listened again and it's like listening to a boring and bad Ciara record.

This album is really bland. I only use Body Do basically

Down to 3 songs in Apple Music R&B Top 200

Pray It Away leaves

The album has too mid tempos? Maybe that's part of the mid reception?

Dr. Alexander
3 hours ago, KRZYINLUV said:

hilarious

so, saying her solo career is “doomed” off of her first effort is weird but go off Dr. 

Also your “critique” is solely based off favoring Halle more, so it’s not even a sincere take. but the “now what?” as if you cleared is hilarious. 

No,

You creating lines and scenarios I never said is what is actually hilarious. You just pulled these out of thin air. You just made these up on the spot. Why? :rip:

I still don’t understand your point for bringing up their difference in sound. Chloe’s music isn’t good. It doesn’t matter if it’s different than traditional R&B. If it is good, it is good. But it isn’t. What else are we supposed to say?

Does anyone know why IKY didn’t make it?? That song is hot :jonny4: 

Spoiler

Maybe she wanted to wait for Kill Bill to slow down? 

7 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

In this streaming era just add the tracks via playlist and let it go. Its done

My playlist section is not for fake albums.

What her stans should be doing is sharing the album with her former singles included. That's what helped me see the light for this than most of the negative users here. Cheatback still needs to grow on me & I've actually grown to appreciate How Does It Feel a lot

Pray it Away, Worried, Feel Me Cry, Looze U>>>

53 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Good lord. 

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

It done went from worse to worser. *sigh*

I feel bad for her. I hope she doesn't feel defeated by the reception and starts from scratch and surrounds herself with people that actually care for her and her career.

6 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I feel bad for her. I hope she doesn't feel defeated by the reception and starts from scratch and surrounds herself with people that actually care for her and her career.

Oh please. Yall aren't slick when yall imply that Chloe is being set up or done wrong with all the promotion and opportunity she's been given. 

Chloe took a route that no one else forced her to. She said it. And her sister is saying it for the music she plans to drop later in the year. 

I hope she stays off of Social Media because nasty twitter users might turn this into a Saweetie situation. 

Oh my goodness :biblio: it keep getting worse and worse :biblio: what the hell?

Body Do is about to leave the Apple Music R&B Top 200, down to #192

It will only be 2 songs on the R&B chart from the album soon

Why is it freefalling so quickly?

19 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

Oh please. Yall aren't slick when yall imply that Chloe is being set up or done wrong with all the promotion and opportunity she's been given. 

Chloe took a route that no one else forced her to. She said it. And her sister is saying it for the music she plans to drop later in the year. 

I didn't mean it in that she didn't get support from Beyoncé, the label or whoever you think I'm implaying. In fact we're on the same page that she got herself in her situation but going with a sound and route she shouldn't have, and what I meant is that she should surround with people that confront and discuss deeply and with honesty the decisions and directions she wants to take. Looking out for her.

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

Does anyone know why IKY didn’t make it?? That song is hot :jonny4: 

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe she wanted to wait for Kill Bill to slow down? 

I was wondering the same thing, it would’ve been so perfect with the story of the album. hopefully it makes it to the deluxe 

41 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Body Do is about to leave the Apple Music R&B Top 200, down to #192

It will only be 2 songs on the R&B chart from the album soon

Why is it freefalling so quickly?

Songs just aren’t connecting, no hits when the album released. Listened to the album and its barely a 6/10.

I am surprised there aren’t more people just interested to listen first day atleast. Have Mercy really did nothing for her in retrospect :deadbanana4:

It seems like Parkwood really doesn’t care either. Unfortunate because she IS the complete package.

6 hours ago, KRZYINLUV said:

this is also her first album, there are a couple of artist who debuts didn’t hit the way they were expected but they went on to smash with their later work… so, saying her solo career is “doomed” off of her first effort is weird but go off Dr. 

Not trying to shade her but how many of these artists got full industry support on their debuts? 

Her career is far from doomed but this is just a weird argument to make. 

the users in here obsessively pushing their negative opinions as facts are really annoying 

the album is not bad like y’all are trying to make it be. she has a branding/image problem, not a problem with her music 

10 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

the users in here obsessively pushing their negative opinions as facts are really annoying 

the album is not bad like y’all are trying to make it be. she has a branding/image problem, not a problem with her music 

!!!!! there was a complete disconnect with/after TREAT ME and it was medium-key a downward spiral with her image from there on out with the general public. so, a lot of potential fans and support checked out.