Chlöe - 'In Pieces'

kyliefever2002

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

This album isn’t Hot Pink

48 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Hot Pink was released on a Thursday, which is the last day of the tracking week 

Thank you for that... (whatever you tried to do)... but my point is that albums can grow. Chlöe's team have really made a lot of money flow into her coffers through sponsorship and sync placements, so I'm not worried big picture. This album is full of growers.

As for this thread:

I simply have no place for this cesspool of Bitter Betties. While I know a minority of y'all were really rooting for her and were let down, the majority here just like to see people humbled.

I strongly believe that whatever energy you put out there returns... 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• EarStyle

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

13 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

Agreed. The urbans want Chloe humbled at this point. They don't want to support in spite of who her label is and literally nitpick everything she does out of malicousness. Theyre still stuck on the Swarm scene. She also let them convince her to cater to them and she's gotten no reward thus far. 

I wish Chloe would not have let the attention over her body distract her. She said she wanted to be pop crossover and since the GP can't handle a multifaceted artist she should have stuck to that sound but cleaned up everything else. The image, interviews and performances mainly. 

You are spilling! I 100% agree. The hyperfocusing on that Swarm scene and the **** shaming that accompanied it was v weird & hateful. The scene was less than 20 seconds & her performance on that show was very good, but that scene had them mad, MAD. :rofl:

I get that a lot ppl had certain expectations for her, but they need to let it go & move onto another artist b/c it's coming across like bullying atp and it's giving hate train. That P4K reviewer taking shots w sexist undertones at her character was too much on top of everything else. I also find it hilarious when they bring up Halle as a way to put Chloe down, as if they won't switch on her the moment she does something they dislike. They won't hesitate to put her in the same boat as Chloe if Halle's music doesn't match the image they've projected onto her. That Rubi Rose/DDG drama exposed how quickly these bandwagoners will switch. :coffee2:

With that being said, the actual constructive criticism like what you have provided, I do hope she takes heed to. She is so talented. And one thing P4K did get right is that she is one of the greatest vocalists of her generation, her and Halle, Chloe just needs a bit of guidance and room to grow. She will be okay.

OT: Make It Look Easy, Worried and I Don't Mind just may end up as my final top 3 :alexz:

15 hours ago, Monkey_Juice said:

I've tried to give the album a couple of listens but I'm not feeling it.

The funny thing is I liked all the singles she scrapped more than any song on the album.

They made a huge mistake scrapping Have Mercy, Suprise and For The Night

She made it seem like she had better tracks :rip:

Body Do is the only song I like, hope she has a video ready! 

Is there any chance its gonna be on deluxe? 

Y'all doing too much. Sure this album is safe but it's far from being bad. It's like a 6-7/10. Far from being average as well

8 hours ago, Taeyong said:

My top 5 so far:

Cheatback
Looze U

I Don't Mind

Told Ya

Body Do

literally same taste 

why is atrl's spotlight a singer that worked with chris brown and not someone like tyler or melanie 

I'm a fan of hers but this album is horrible. It's just very bland and faceless, generic R&B you'd hear in a Ciara album 10 years ago. Looze U, what the hell is that :toofunny3:

What I enjoyed in CxH is that even in the more contemporary tracks there was a touch of mysticism and here they are very in your face and one dimensional. Not that I want her to replicate what she does with her sister, but for example Heart of your Sleeve is so much better than the rest of the album because it plays into those sensibilites.... hell even Have Mercy had very interesting things going on production-wise and vocally and none of that is present on the album really.

I'm rooting for her and I want her to come back in some years with more life experiences to write about and a better understanding of her personality and craft as a solo artist. :bird:

20 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

I'm a fan of hers but this album is horrible. It's just very bland and faceless, generic R&B you'd hear in a Ciara album 10 years ago. Looze U, what the hell is that :toofunny3:

What I enjoyed in CxH is that even in the more contemporary tracks there was a touch of mysticism and here they are very in your face and one dimensional. Not that I want her to replicate what she does with her sister, but for example Heart of your Sleeve is so much better than the rest of the album because it plays into those sensibilites.... hell even Have Mercy had very interesting things going on production-wise and vocally and none of that is present on the album really.

I'm rooting for her and I want her to come back in some years with more life experiences to write about and a better understanding of her personality and craft as a solo artist. :bird:

Looze U is incredible R&B. The lack of taste. 

1 hour ago, est. in 90s said:

I already know the Body Do MV is going to EAT 

She better serve Have Mercy levels of extravagance and camp. Get the girlies riled up again queen, as Bey would say, make them bummies heated! :gaynetcat3:

This choreographer made a concept music video and IT’S GOOD.

Chloe already saw it too on IG. She needs this right now as a single. It could save the era 

Edited by Flare

3 minutes ago, Flare said:

Chloe already saw it too. She needs this right now as a single. It could save the era 

I fear she won't be able to top this lol.

56 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

Is there any chance its gonna be on deluxe? 

I've been hearing rumours of a deluxe but I feel like she should have stuck to her original idea for the album.

Not a bad album at all! I admittedly wanted a little more from her but it’s a cool project. I kind’ve wish she went a little more experimental on some tracks because she has such an incredible voice, but maybe that’ll be Halle whose album I can’t wait for! Some tracks are quite special and really show some character, others not so much.

I’m sure her sophomore will be a lot more refined. 

9 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

I fear she won't be able to top this lol.

I mean she doesn’t have to top this concept video for Body Do, but I think the general idea of a super dance orientated video, high quality shot, fun club (or colorful) kinda lighting, might be enough. We need to just get it into the “songs of the summer” rotation. :bird:

However, Columbia needs to actually SEND a single to radio. I’m so shocked they haven’t sent a single song to radio since Have Mercy. This is crazy sabotage. :rainy:

Edited by Flare

I liked Pray It Away since day one but now I love it even more. It's underrated :chick3:

Spotify - Day 2 
1,094,829(-681,786)

1. Someone's Calling (Chlöe) 49,581 -59,661
2. Pray It Away 81,810 -49,051
3. Body Do 124,733 -68,303
4. I Don't Mind 61,878 -50,866
5. Worried 55,669 -46,495
6. Fallin 4 U 42,663 -41,530
7. How Does It Feel 184,810 -40,250
8. Feel Me Cry 49,190 -40,802
9. Make It Look Easy 49,287 -37,562
10. Looze U 42,316 -33,648
11. Told Ya 76,009 -33,748
12. Cheatback 181,684 -111,039
13. Heart on My Sleeve 41,994 -35,291
14. In Pieces 53,205 -33,540

Pray It Away is the best thing on here, a shame it did nothing.

Tracks 2-5 are so strong, I wish the rest of the album carried that qualiTEA

I feel like Body Do is the only chance she has at a hit with this. I think with a decent and flashy video with choreography it could put her on the right track (please no more cringey sexy faces, just be fierce :rip:). She needs to go for a certain look and color palette on the video to make it cohesive and memorable.

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify - Day 2 
1,094,829(-681,786)

1. Someone's Calling (Chlöe) 49,581 -59,661
2. Pray It Away 81,810 -49,051
3. Body Do 124,733 -68,303
4. I Don't Mind 61,878 -50,866
5. Worried 55,669 -46,495
6. Fallin 4 U 42,663 -41,530
7. How Does It Feel 184,810 -40,250
8. Feel Me Cry 49,190 -40,802
9. Make It Look Easy 49,287 -37,562
10. Looze U 42,316 -33,648
11. Told Ya 76,009 -33,748
12. Cheatback 181,684 -111,039
13. Heart on My Sleeve 41,994 -35,291
14. In Pieces 53,205 -33,540

Well :coffee2: This is why her stans need to stop ranting about a 'hate train' and 'haters' and actually get to streaming.

After how much they spent 2021 through 2023 talking down on CxH's UGH streaming numbers, how she's too good to be 'stunted' by Parkwood, and told us she would outperform with her own solo album, I'm not shocked the results did not live up to the big game they talked up.

1 hour ago, Flare said:

Chloe already saw it too on IG. She needs this right now as a single. It could save the era 

Oh wow :jonny4:

8 minutes ago, iKnowles said:

Well :coffee2: This is why her stans need to stop ranting about a 'hate train' and 'haters' and actually get to streaming.

After how much they spent 2021 through 2023 talking down on CxH's UGH streaming numbers, how she's too good to be 'stunted' by Parkwood, and told us she would outperform with her own solo album, I'm not shocked the results did not live up to the big game they talked up.

The problem isn’t her fans it’s the fact that she’s alienated potential fans, isn’t cool to root for anymore and there was too long if a gap between the Have Mercy hype and the album release a year and a half later.