Chlöe - 'In Pieces'

kyliefever2002

She going on tour soon. I don’t think we getting alot of promo. Is so frustrating we be waiting for artists like Chloe we let them flop 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• EarStyle

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

Dr. Alexander
20 hours ago, Machete said:

but it just blows my mind that someone who was the creative force behind such a forward thinking album like Ungodly Hour turned around and made this generic mess. 

If you listen to the snippets that Halle is posting of her solo music, then you would know who the creative force really was for Ungodly Hour…

No shade.

The way people on social media has been nasty towards this girl. My god. I hope she has good people around her 

1 hour ago, Dr. Alexander said:

For those who grew up in the CD era, this album even sounds like one of those albums by an artist who had a moderate hit on the radio and you buy the album, and every single track is a dud.

Then you check on Wikipedia years later and you see it peaked at #112 on the Billboard 200 chart 

It's not about where you start, but where you finish.

(The comments on this tweet sound as bitter as some of y'all do)

If you listen to the snippets that Halle is posting of her solo music, then you would know who the creative force really was for Ungodly Hour…

No shade.

Y'all are SO dense with this narrative when in reality you have no idea how they created music for CxH. Chloe produced all by herself many tracks on their discography & both put so much of their input into their albums. Chloe vocal produced almost every track from them. You have to learn to separate their solo music from their group music.

It's freefalling on Apple Music :rip:

Went from 9 songs on the R&B chart to 4 just overnight

Welp, my 12k stream unit prediction is void now

Edited by Armani?

The album is bland and forgettable but I really wish Cheat Back can be a small hit for her, even just on RnB radio.

O wonder why they took For The Night off the playlist, wasn’t it the song her fans loved the most?

32 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

This album isn’t Hot Pink

For those who grew up in the CD era, this album even sounds like one of those albums by an artist who had a moderate hit on the radio and you buy the album, and every single track is a dud.

Then you check on Wikipedia years later and you see it peaked at #112 on the Billboard 200 chart 

This is beyond accurate, it sounds like an album from a one hit wonder, except she took her one hit off the tracklist :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, lovely88 said:

I don’t know why ppl were expecting this to do better than Ungodly hour. CxH as a group have a bigger fan base. I would say the predicted numbers are ok given her status. 

Well she was supposed to establish herself as a solo figure, which would have made CXH even bigger. But that kinda went out the window… :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator
53 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Hot Pink was released on a Thursday, which is the last day of the tracking week 

15 hours ago, Armani? said:

I will say it's bad ppl interact/like her recent posts so much on Instagram but arent streaming the music 

To be fair, this is the case for many artists out these days, especially newer artists, it's only a select few whose social media hype translates to real life. Although I can't even say if Chloe had real genuine hype behind her, because she's been getting dragged nonstop since her solo debut. I feel like when ppl say she has 'hype' it's because of the Beyonce association, b/c anyone that's been paying attention realized that after Have Mercy dropped, the dragging started and hasn't stopped. Her talent seems to only be recognized when it's being vehemently expressed how frustrated some are with the direction she's chosen to take with her image & music. If getting bashed every other day on Twitter equates to hype, then... :gaycat7:

2 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

No shade.

So you never thought that Halle is simply sticking to what she knows after working with her sister? Very strange that yall are going against what Halle said out her own mouth about the UH sound. 

Chloe is the daring one who wants to work and experiment outside of what she did  with her sister. She wants to find what works for her. Not give a remix to UH. Not sure what's so hard to grasp. 

43 minutes ago, BnPac said:

The album is bland and forgettable but I really wish Cheat Back can be a small hit for her, even just on RnB radio.

O wonder why they took For The Night off the playlist, wasn’t it the song her fans loved the most?

Tuh. They didn't run to stream that either after begging to be directly catered to. They still foind something wrong and made excuses.

Like it or not but the Chris and Future collab are the best performing singles from the reworked album so far. They need to push cheatback to urban and in pieces to pop then go on this theater tour and open for Bey. 

16 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Her and her team need to push Body Do.

With a Doja Cat remix on Pop and Rhythmic radio. Exactly! :bird:

11 hours ago, Flare said:

Don’t include Normani in your Chloe Bailey thinkpieces. Based on Normani’s leaks alone, she let HITS walk out the door. She got the material, just other mess is clearly at play over at RCA and her team.

Chloe Bailey’s songs she teased that weren’t on the album didn’t sound much better than what is on the final tracklist. She basically threw out the best material as droplets then didn’t include them on the album. 

That’s true but based on what I know about the music industry, managers are doing less than ever and getting paid more. Social media destroyed what A&R’s used to do which is connect artists for great in studio collabs. Now people are dm-ing a friend, friend records a verse, it gets emailed, and a (lifeless) collab done. 

Chloe just feels like a product of this era and those issues above. She really needed to ask Pharrell, The Dream, or someone else to produce a couple tracks on the album with her and help with hooks/writing. 

You can brag on those leaks all you want, they're not getting released and there's nothing to compare with Normani and Chloe. No one cares about 2 top 10 hits on other folks album from 2018. Chloe wasn't even a thought in the pipeline at that point.

Stop comparing. It's ridiculous to open for Ariana and have so many opprtinuites to not even have 1 album. Tinashe was blackballed and released MORE. Normanis peers are suppose to be Camilla, SZA, Summer, HER, Ella, Billie and Dua. Chloe is literally a brand new soloist and her group wasn't even big.

16 hours ago, Beyle Street said:

Those numbers are horrifique :dancehall2: I feel really bad for Chloe that the demographic she so desperately wants approval from (trap R&B/urban) is rejecting her like this. Doesn't help that the album isn't great. This really all went downhill went Treat Me was released. She should've stuck to the pop route and kept it forward. Instead, like Normani, she has no concise identity with what she wants to be. 

Agreed. The urbans want Chloe humbled at this point. They don't want to support in spite of who her label is and literally nitpick everything she does out of malicousness. Theyre still stuck on the Swarm scene. She also let them convince her to cater to them and she's gotten no reward thus far. 

I wish Chloe would not have let the attention over her body distract her. She said she wanted to be pop crossover and since the GP can't handle a multifaceted artist she should have stuck to that sound but cleaned up everything else. The image, interviews and performances mainly. 

I already know the Body Do MV is going to EAT 

She better serve Have Mercy levels of extravagance and camp. Get the girlies riled up again queen, as Bey would say, make them bummies heated! :gaynetcat3:

24 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

So you never thought that Halle is simply sticking to what she knows after working with her sister? Very strange that yall are going against what Halle said out her own mouth about the UH sound. 

Chloe is the daring one who wants to work and experiment outside of what she did  with her sister. She wants to find what works for her. Not give a remix to UH. Not sure what's so hard to grasp. 

Halle’s stuff doesn’t even sound like UH though..so this kind of failed

12 hours ago, Camilitau.u said:

wanted to root for her so bad

9 hours ago, MrLovett said:

No you didn't. That's why you've fabricated a feud in your head and are continually trolling

:bibliahh:

What can we do to make body do a hit :jonny6:

2 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

this is so accurate! pray it away is excellent, the rest is pure mediocrity