H100: Flowers #1, Kill Bill #2, Creepin' #4, Shakira/Bzrp #9

Ger

0-CEA1-D0-D-0-E11-4400-A186-C0-E56-C9-B3

SZA’s ‘SOS’ Is No. 1 on Billboard 200 for Sixth Week

sza-press-cr-jacob-webster-2022-billboard-1548.jpg?w=942&h=623&crop=1&resize=942,623

SZA’s SOS is No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Jan. 28) for a sixth consecutive week – the entirety of its chart run. The last album by a woman with six weeks atop the list was Adele’s 30 a little over a year ago, which also spent its first six weeks on the chart at No. 1 (Dec. 4, 2021-Jan. 8, 2022-dated charts).

SOS earned 119,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Jan. 19 (down 4%), according to Luminate.

Of SOS’ 119,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Jan. 19, SEA units comprise 118,000 (up/down 3%, equaling 160.1 million on-demand official streams of the set’s tracks), album sales comprise a little over 500 (down 77%) and TEA units comprise 500 units (up 18%).

SOS has the most weeks at No. 1 among R&B/hip-hop or R&B albums by women since Mariah Carey’s Daydream, which notched six nonconsecutive weeks at No. 1 in late 1995 and early 1996. And, the last R&B/hip-hop or R&B album by a woman to spend its first six weeks at No. 1 was Janet Jackson’s janet., which led the list for its first six weeks (June 5-July 10, 1993). 

Swift’s Midnights is No. 2 (73,000 equivalent album units; down 10%), followed by Metro Boomin’s Heroes & Villains (56,000; down 2%) and Drake and 21 Savage’s Her Loss (47,000; down 7%).

The Weeknd’s compilation album The Highlights jumps back to the top 10, climbing 36-5 with 44,000 equivalent album units earned (up 185%). 

Bad Bunny’s Un Verano Sin Ti falls 5-6 (43,000 equivalent album units; down 5%) and Morgan Wallen’s Dangerous: The Double Album dips 6-7 (41,000; down 4%).

Closing out the new Billboard 200’s top 10 are Zach Bryan’s American Heartbreak (falling 7-8 with 32,000 equivalent album units earned, down 5%), Lil Baby’s chart-topping It’s Only Me (8-9 with 29,000 units; down 7%) and Harry Styles’ former leader Harry’s House (holding at No. 10 with 24,000 units; down 7%).

Edited by Ger-55

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Renan90

• Steve Johnson

• PoisonedIvy

• simmnfierzig

Another one in the basket :clap3:

Oh wow women are winning!

BB: Incredibly, in the last decade-plus, the only albums by women with six or more weeks at No. 1 have been those by Adele, Taylor Swift and SZA. The last album by a woman not named Adele, Swift or SZA to spend at least six weeks at No. 1 was Susan Boyle, who saw her debut effort I Dreamed a Dream top the list for six total weeks (Dec. 12, 2009-Jan. 16, 2010).

Too bad the homosexuals don't like that here :)

SZA deserves it so much

Cant wait for her to break the record next week with a 7th week at #1 :duca:

Just now, CrimsonX said:

Number 1 with 500 pure copies sold. :toofunny3:

i mean she hasnt pressed the cd or vinyls yet

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

That makes sense I guess. What did she sell 500 copies of then?

Just now, CrimsonX said:

That makes sense I guess. What did she sell 500 copies of then?

its people buying the album on itunes so digital downloads

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

And Ctrl was a good seller on Vinyl so that pre-existing power + the upgrade in smashery SOS has been should lead to some impressive numbers.

If she times everything well she can snatch 10 weeks #1 :jonnycat:

SZA accomplishes this with no physical albums sold. Congratulations! :clap3:

7 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

do we really have to address these dumb comments every week :rip: 

Don't tease them like that, we really can't take any more whining 

10 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

It's 2023, give it up :swan:

Unfortunate for Taylor considering the smashery but deserved for SZA. The girls are killing it. :clap3:

Congrats to Sza who surpasses Midnights, longest running #1 album from a 2022 female album.

Edited by Steve Johnson

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.