Golden Hit: Season 3 📀 Congrats to TruGemini! ✨

fountain

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Invisibility said:

You and @Element are the queens of dropping only occasionally but they're always HITS :jonny4:

i have to refresh the supply of my creative juices hahaha 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Invisibility

wg17edI.png

Here we are...the final challenge of the season. Once again, thank you to everyone that participated, even if only one round. It's the players that make the game what it is, after all. :heart2: Best of luck to everyone in the finale!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dAuX_vx-Z_cI__HZKYdBdWXq4f-1CoDlQpn7EUjhOxA/edit?usp=sharing

@Julia Fox@Euterpe@worldwide angel@Legend E@Invisibility@JoeAg@TruGemini

Thanks for the praise @Hug :heart:

CHPfL1Uz9gZY3Nd7zceIQNZq3h98088KGL5zfKwFFGMkbI-O4ovJDQ54Gz6QybR_Xc3l2tOsUijD1LDki4x4EUKk4rnOfDihOfxjvfstPp31RQUetdzSIPq4gUuSpasTex-CXnoqtSV-FOhAk0unnOw

Round 6: All or Nothing Final

@Julia Fox - I would have preferred to read a song that you had written yourself… sorry. 

@Euterpe - My Brightest Sun

This is a very touching song. It’s an example of when simplistic writing works well, you don’t need any big concept here to lift the song, it does it itself with the pure emotion. It’s incredibly sweet, and just lovely to read. I think it’s also very touching that it makes me think back to your incredible entry Wastleland from last season, and how this looks at motherhood too but through a beautiful and optimistic lens as opposed to the devastation of your previous song. I don’t know if you specifically intended for a link like this, but I think it makes it a very poignant and moving closing song for your Golden Hit journey at the moment. I do hope we see you again in the future, you’ve been an amazing part of the game, and I’m really glad you got to end your three season run on a high note that you are proud of. Really great job. 

@worldwide angel - winter’s glitter

I love how your writing embraces an unconventional structure and I always really enjoy your entries that are in this vein. Taking this outside the box approach always keeps your entries unique and refreshing to read, and it’s very enjoyable. These stream of consciousness songs always really make me look inward and think, and I love the emotion and the way they make me ponder. I always feel like I go on a slight spiritual excursion while reading them and I think that shows the skill of your vivid writing. This is another great example of your talent, and I’m really glad you got to submit for the final after unfortunately missing the last round! Your lost presence was felt. As always your writing is ethereal, and overall this is another really strong song from you. Great job! I’ve absolutely loved getting to see your writing throughout this season, you truly are a wonderful writer and your songs are always so thought provoking and touching, thank you for being a part of the season.

StormFury - Nothingness

I should tell you I was very happy to see your name pop up in the submission form. I did get to see your final post on the site before your account deletion, and I tried to message you quickly before it was done, but I was too late. What I wanted to say in that message was that even if you are not on the site anymore, you still have a place in Golden Hit and are free to join and submit whenever you want. I’m glad that you felt that regardless of not being able to tell you and that you chose to submit this song. Your writing is definitely missed! As for the song itself, I think this is a very touching entry. I can definitely feel and see the inspiration that you mentioned and that is personally very moving to me, but I also love how you took that inspiration and expanded upon it to also build a narrative out of that emotion for the song, which ultimately ends up coming together as a pretty open to interpretation piece thanks to this, a factor which I really enjoyed. It’s filled with the inspiration that you mentioned but it also puts a twist on it and I think depending on the reader, and depending on the context, people could infer totally different things from this song, and I think it’s also a skill to be able to create multi-faceted songs like this. Overall a really strong return and once again, very happy to see from you again and hope to see more! Feel free and know you still have a place here. Hope you’re doing well. 

@Legend E - Swan Song

I think I can say that this is your best song this season! It also feels like the most directly personal, and honestly it was pretty touching to read. It really is, like you said, a great closing song to the season for you. I’m glad that you were able to take inspiration from the experience of writing itself and turn the lack of motivation or inspiration into creativity itself. It’s always really impressive to see writers achieve this, to fight through the writer's block or the creativity struggles, and to prevail and I think that this is what you have done with this song. Particularly with outro I found this a strong entry, and with the example of the outro I found it very refreshing, as the end of the song sees a twist in the emotion and a more slightly optimistic turn, which definitely fits the Nothing brief for your songs :eli:. No, but seriously, this was really great to see and I felt this section in particular was really poignant. The imagery of picturing your works lining a wall of an exhibition, and being content with it even through the highs and lows of being a creator, was honestly just beautiful and makes for such a touching and amazing end to the season. I hope you can continue to picture this because you are a fantastic writer, really I hope we all can, and that we can be content in our writing and our creativity because it is all so special; and the way you invoked this really moved me. Good job. And what is this about you joining again for the next season? The pleasure would be ours.

@Invisibility - Parallels 

Okay this is looking camp RIGHT in the eye! Whew. It’s also very ambitious like… the layers… the inception teas as you mentioned… the way I had to read the explanation multiple times… it's giving creative genius. We can always count on you for a concept and whew you really wrapped up the season with another banger. I really appreciate you choosing the All prompt, especially given the fact that you were the only one to do so, and the added element that out of everybody it was probably hardest for you to do because of the diverse concepts that your songs have dealt with. Despite this ambitious nature, I think it came together really well! This song is just so creative and fun, and honestly feels very cinematic, reading it was almost more like reading a synopsis for a movie or something. In that way, I don’t think it’s specifically your most lyrical entry that we have seen, or one that directly shows off your songwriting the best, but rather absolutely cements the fact that you are such a creative and grandiose conceptual writer as you have been displaying all season long so impressive; in that way, it’s kinda the perfect end to the season for you, and with it’s cinematic tones almost feels like the finale to the places you have been taking us with your writing. Great job.  It’s been so exciting to see you continually serve throughout the season, you’ve been such a fantastic new addition and I hope you’ve enjoyed it.

@JoeAg - Fear and Starving

I mean, honestly, what is there to even say? This is just pure poetry. You do it every time, but still, your way with words is just beautiful. It doesn’t get old to read and it doesn’t feel less so after being a subject to it, but rather it continues to become more and more impressive, because you seldom miss and each look into your writing provides more evidence for your absolute talent. This song is no exception, this is just so stunningly written and so vivid. The message and the force behind it too, while kept somewhat enigmatic and open to interpretation, is powerful and like you said this really does feel like an anthem, an uplifting and inspiring one, and one so uniquely done. A writer with less experience or craft when attempting to write this kind of song would fall into traditional traps where the intention becomes weakened falling into more generic and common ideas, but you manage to remain thoughtful and distinctive with your call in this song, which is a testament to your skill as a writer. You are very much one of a kind. It’s been amazing seeing your journey and progress from Season 1 until now, and you really have continually blown us away this season. Fantastic job.

@TruGemini - Nowhere, Nothing, No One At All

First of all I’m sorry to hear about your current struggles… it is hard when all you can offer are words, but I truly do hope the month turns around for you. Even if it doesn’t, I hope things get better regardless, in their time, and that you are provided with solace. The fact that each of your songs leading up to this point have been about growth and inspiration wasn’t something that I had noticed until now, but with you pointing it out it becomes really clear. It would’ve been a great theme to touch on if you were able to choose the All prompt, and it sounds like that was your hope or intention, but with your current feelings you understandably didn’t really feel it was possible so ended up writing about them and venting through this song. Well, while it might not have been what you had imagined or wanted to do originally… I actually think this perfectly signifies those themes about empowerment and motivation. The fact that you have been able to power through any struggles you are having and write this song, using those very things as the inspiration behind it, is the perfect example of something inspiring to me. While it is not the most optimistic or hopeful song, it is true, and it is relatable, and I think these are important aspects of life and growth. The fact is all of us feel like this at some point, all of us will go through our own struggles, all of us will feel unmotivated and apathetic in our lives… but it’s a part of that human experience and, to me, that’s the greatest common thread throughout your writing; you take the human experience, the good and the bad, and you make something out of it. This song does that perfectly and in that way is a real representation of the art of writing for me. Not to sound pretentious, but it really is. It’s personal and it’s emotional and it might not be what we are wanting to write about… but that act of taking your experiences and putting it into creating something special like this is completely incomparable, and its significance isn’t lost on me. This essay is all to say… I’m inspired by your resilience and think this song is an impressive and powerful final showing for you. You’ve done an amazing job this season and are ending it on a similarly amazing note for me. Thank you for sharing your writing this season.

Thank you @fountain! :hug:  I've enjoyed myself a lot throughout the season, and hope to keep participating in whatever the Golden Hit journey goes next!

Well, just like that we are coming to the end... the final judgements are all in and a winner has been decided!

But, of course, winning is not everything. This has been another really fun six weeks of writing and creativity and we're so glad you all took part.

If you can, consider joining us tomorrow for the finale, which begins at 7PM eastern!

Even if you won't be there we still aim to pay tribute to all of your achievements this season, whether you submitted only for one round, whether you were a dedicated writer for the entire six weeks, or whether you sent in lyrics which weren't your own (:deadbanana2:); we're thankful to you all for contributing towards this season. :heart:

See you tomorrow for a look back at this season, and the reveal of the final averages of Golden Hit: Season 3!

@mxtthewdelrey @Remmy @Augmented @Kylie Jenner @8thPrince @TruGemini @XO_Life @Invisibility @JoeAg @Prisoner @sugarshine @Euterpe @Julia Fox @Element @DatChickDoe @beatinglikeadrum @Legend E @worldwide angel @StormFury

thank you all so much for the sweet reviews and criticism :heart2: 

I'll be there and not square :eli:

We so excited! This was another fun season and from the bottom of my heart I'd like to thank you all for playing and sharing your genius with us again. :heart2:

Join us in one hour for the finale of Golden Hit: Season 3!!

@mxtthewdelrey @Remmy @Augmented @Kylie Jenner @8thPrince @TruGemini @XO_Life @Invisibility @JoeAg @Prisoner @sugarshine @Euterpe @Julia Fox @Element @DatChickDoe @beatinglikeadrum @Legend E @worldwide angel @StormFury

Can we get to page 40 before the finale begins, I wonder? :cupid:

Anna Ou

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.