@beatinglikeadrum - S&M

@sugarshine - Love Across the Universes

@JoeAg - When I Took Him to the Park and We Kissed in the Humid Dark

@Euterpe - Is love enough?

@Prisoner - Rivers Flow To You

@DatChickDoe - Because of You

@TruGemini - Indecisive 

Thank you all for submitting! :heart:

You can look forward to reviews coming soon, and the Round 5 challenge post today. 

:bird:

Oop lemme bump to the next page!

honestly my submission this week was very legg, i’ve come to that conclusion 

HOWEVER i hope there’s no way that any of you somehow know any of the people i’ve written about lol :eli:

43 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

honestly my submission this week was very legg, i’ve come to that conclusion 

HOWEVER i hope there’s no way that any of you somehow know any of the people i’ve written about lol :eli:

@Josey @Diego @Miles @Hunter :gaycat3:

2 minutes ago, fountain said:

Oh these songs are really songing…

spacer.png

the way I could write a ******* masterpiece and the anxiety would still tell me that y'all are gonna hate it. :)

these voices in my head... :mazen: gw0rl... who got the holy water spray? :skull:

okay waiiiiiiiT I'm reading thrugh my song again and the mental fog is being cleared away by artificial weather machines by the qualitea. when the qualitea is qualiteaing, the coffee crack addicts fly away into space :jonny3: imma submit Love Across the Universes to be the the Valentine's Day multiversal anthem.

oh and don't worry my sugarshines mama WILL drop Dolphin Dive and Love Across the Universes in one second. one second to me may be one week to you. but it will still take one second. the prophecy shall be fulfilled. y'all will be fed before this world ends. before you can even sit on the toilet seat to take a royal dump. and that's on what?! on P E E R I Y H O D. let's go :flame:

16 minutes ago, sugarshine said:

the way I could write a ******* masterpiece and the anxiety would still tell me that y'all are gonna hate it. :)

these voices in my head... :mazen: gw0rl... who got the holy water spray? :skull:

Pls, I have never given a bad review :gaycat3:

If there’s one thing that’s certain in life it’s that @fountain will find something positive to say about your song 

34 minutes ago, fountain said:

Pls, I have never given a bad review :gaycat3:

If there’s one thing that’s certain in life it’s that @fountain will find something positive to say about your song 

thank gawd. the negativity in the rest of this forum is giving butt plug energy. feels like everyone's identity is that of an *******. :cm: i feel like the light is dying out in this world and being swallowed up by butt holes positioned in the universe

another note: "what is the meaning of life?" ha legacy is in jeopardy because the next riddle everyone wants to know now is: did fountain receive a notification when they mentioned themself? :giraffe: im actually curious lol

i guess i can test it out myself @sugarshine ooh it doesn't. question? answered.

Edited by sugarshine

I'm not expecting anything from my entry but it was so important to me to put it out and honor my friend Consuelo. May she rest in piece :heart:

Perched for the new round and the reviews tho 

1 hour ago, sugarshine said:

thank gawd. the negativity in the rest of this forum is giving butt plug energy. feels like everyone's identity is that of an *******. :cm: i feel like the light is dying out in this world and being swallowed up by butt holes positioned in the universe

another note: "what is the meaning of life?" ha legacy is in jeopardy because the next riddle everyone wants to know now is: did fountain receive a notification when they mentioned themself? :giraffe: im actually curious lol

i guess i can test it out myself @sugarshine ooh it doesn't. question? answered.

Oh I completely agree. The world (or rather society) is very doom and gloom right now, and many parts of this site are kinda a microcosm of this. It’s unfortunate… ultimately though the catalyst for most of the people who join the site is that they love music, and writing is of course a huge part of that, and there are so many talented writers on here and budding starters that I think Golden Hit finds its dysfunctional home here… we deal with all kinds of annoyances from the site glitches, the server issues, random outages etc. but it feels good that this can be one of the truly positive places on this site where we can gather and share in the creativity and love for music, and I do always try to represent that  :bird:

33 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

I'm not expecting anything from my entry but it was so important to me to put it out and honor my friend Consuelo. May she rest in piece :heart:

Perched for the new round and the reviews tho 

I’m feeling inclined to share my review for you early

vK-LVZOo2OAYK5ojmUgFSb4JoYMUNlI81tBgwvJsJPFL9FgKFxE6Woo5j7BjvZQ871PizG_6cNR_qFlKocVuP1mVydk6fV2mhUqKrYZxfYcOABE1DdZGBy5Bi_zFN_WmJmzNZ-24nPsVR2Qlzp1bFso

Round 4: Valentine’s (Julia Fox edition)

@Julia Fox - Consuelo

This song is so heartbreaking to read… but it’s also the very best entry you’ve had in any season of Golden Hit. I can personally say that with a certainty. This song to me, simply, completely showcases the very art of songwriting. It’s raw, absolutely heartbreaking, but also really touching seeing the memory of somebody put into a song like this, getting to live the good times through your lyrics and telling the story of you two overall. It’s just stunning and for me there is nothing comparable to the emotion that is incited reading a song like this. It’s completely one of a kind and for me the most powerful and affecting form of songwriting. All this is to say, I think you did a fantastic job. You should be incredibly proud of having written this. I’m incredibly proud of you for opening up like this emotionally and sharing it with us. And I think Consuelo would be incredibly proud of you, too. 

Last week you received your highest scoring song to date. I am beyond filled with hope that this will surpass that. 

Stunning job. Thank you. 
:heart2:

11 minutes ago, fountain said:

Oh I completely agree. The world (or rather society) is very doom and gloom right now, and many parts of this site are kinda a microcosm of this. It’s unfortunate… ultimately though the catalyst for most of the people who join the site is that they love music, and writing is of course a huge part of that, and there are so many talented writers on here and budding starters that I think Golden Hit finds its dysfunctional home here… we deal with all kinds of annoyances from the site glitches, the server issues, random outages etc. but it feels good that this can be one of the truly positive places on this site where we can gather and share in the creativity and love for music, and I do always try to represent that  :bird:

I love that so much :clap3: There really isn't a game like Golden Hit anywhere else on the internet. Maybe on the Dark Web? Lol.

It's easy to be sucked into the negativity and stay stuck in it, and have it continuously reinforce itself like a spiral. Kinda feels like rolling around in mud. Unfortunately positivity and hope are seen as corny to some people nowadays but the light is needed to survive, live (and actually THRIVE) through the darkness. I've realised that you can literally live your entire life feeling horrible about every single tiny detail (and there are trillions of tiny details to feel bad about so it's perpetual and keeps you stuck, sometimes having a bird's eye view can put things into perspective rather than focusing on microscopic details) - it just isn't worth it to me anymore and truly, it never was. I'm here to have fun tbh.

I empathise with people though and I've been there before, however, the negativity can be way too much and I don't take pleasure in other people's misfortune. It's kind of like Twitter where people mainly use that platform to vent. It's a shame because it's spreading to other places (even in real life) and I think is the true disease in society. I understand having disagreements but there is something so overbearing about this energy in recent times and many people are not just disagreeing, they are flat out rude and disrespectful and they honestly create more problems than solutions. And the problems just keep piling up without any solutions or at least some other more productive path, people don't even know what the original issue was in the first place but all of this combative energy gives them a thrill and here we are! :cm:

In that kind of society, you really have to allow yourself to exist separate from it and be the observer instead of being in it and allowing yourself to be influenced by this energy and adopting similar behaviours and mentalities. It's very easy for humans to imitate, and a lot of it is subconscious I feel so having awareness of what is going on behind all the smoke and mirrors is key so that you don't get swept up in it.

One thing I LURVE about this forum are the emojis :jonnycat: they give me a FULL meal :eatpopcorn: they give me "wow, this is what God intended"

I'm kinda kii'ing at your eloquent reply to my post about universal butt holes and butt plug energy btw :bibliahh:

5 hours ago, fountain said:

@Josey @Diego @Miles @Hunter :gaycat3:

lmfaooo in all honesty I could've gone more into depth with the latter two because they were both EXTREMELY important figures in my origin story. but yeah, I could've also mentioned a ton of other people :-* i went in a way different direction here than i normally do

Can I just say how I love your titles this round ? They are so creative

The Julia praise :'( she's used to giving now she gets to receive

Meanwhile, I can't wait to see what the next round is all about! Inb4 "the musical challenge: write a song for a musical"

- a snapshot with movement of the visual film Dollphenes Are Beings Too, And Some of Them Are Smarter Than Ewe! -

DOLPHINS ENJOYING THE SUNSET- animation by Aim4Beauty | Dolphins, Ocean  creatures, Sea and ocean

:matty:

please enjoy.

as much as it is possible.

this is not a joke. cut the laughter track. n o w.

no, not n o.

n o w.

add the first letter of my middle middle name which is winner and attach it to the end of no.

congrats. you just won today's special 3-letter wordle and your prize is absolutely nofing.

cough

the accompanying theme song Dolphin Dive will be released after the flashy R4 results show

not right after, but it will be AFTER - a time is linear experience, we do not have access to the TARDIS at this point in time but maybe in the future

R4 depicts human love, an emotion dolphins can also express

our budding talent sugarshine has not yet started the design of the cover art, so the fans must wait because a dog is tired

I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening, World of Wonder has provided the refreshments at the back.

Thank you. (this "Thank you." was orchestrated by the committee of which I do and do not represent. These are not my words and you cannot leave the room until you have signed the contracts taped under your chairs, along with a writing utensil and a mirror to check the lack of beauty embedded into your gorgeous face. Love ya lots! Kisses and an xoxo)

And now, we present to you The Chirping Dolphins. :twirl3:

Remember: your earplugs and butt plugs have been confiscated prior to the event. You WILL listen to these ******* whales CHIRP - we ain't having it toneighte alreight, ya muPPets! :fish2: My name is Lawrence Chaney)

cough

achoo

wait for applause

**** i need a lozenge

--

gw0rls I think roleplaying might become my new favourite hobby I love this **** :ahh: I feel like the LARPing gw0rls are not ready for my IMPACT

remember: mama gave you that excellente world klass comedy show FOR FREE. a FREEBIE. you should count ya lucky stars :gayalipacat5:

Hi all~

I just wanted to give you a little update regarding the next round, which is coming in a few hours. I won't sugarcoat it, due to unexpectedly busy scheduling, a brief power outage yesterday (this happened around this time in S1, omg) and poor planning on my part, I won't have it prepared to post for another few hours at least.

You all deserve the best opportunity to write, so no matter when the challenge is posted you will have the typical 5-day deadline + extended time during judging to complete your songs.

I can confirm this is the Judge’s Choice challenge, so you will have three different challenges to choose from. I will leave it up to @fountain and @Hug if they wish to tease or reveal their challenges ahead of the official challenge announcement. My challenge isn't as exciting by comparison, but hopefully a few of you will find it interesting.

Apologies again for not having the challenge prepared to post earlier today. Regardless, I'm sure you'll all do well in Round 4's results, which will proceed tomorrow as usual.

To our dearest patrons,

I deeply deeply apologise deeper than the Marinara Trench about the brief power outage caused by the snapshot with movement we set up yesterday afternoon. The tabloids tried to pin the fin on the dolphin and spread rumours suggesting that it was the vocals of The Chirping Dolphins that gave away to an electrical fault in the Earth's electromagnetic field. Something something about electrical currents and water. A turd sandwich, if I do say so myself. Please excuse my Latin. No one speaks it anymore after all. But yes, we must speak truth with truth... it was the snapshot with movement. You see, the amount of watts it takes to power that humongous beast of architecture is beyond even the wellies of James Cameron. He gave it an ol' try with the blue people but well, our exhibition is simply more divine. I could continue this letter but I won't because a puppy is tired. Alas, I shall meet you all again in the theatrical re-release of THE LORD OF THE RINGS - IMAX 12D VR EXPERIENCE. Please do not fret, it will of course be the Director's Uncut Addiction. Yes, yes. Splendid! Well. That's me done. CHEERIO!

- Signed,

Your Lord and Your Majesty

Ms. Tress Mary Poppins

--

Seriously though @Aurora, thank you and the rest of the judging panel for all your hard work! :clap3: And everyone participating. :heart: We're all getting through day by day. Sometimes we gotta intentionally pat ourselves on the back! :whistle2: Especially with time speeding up and everything. We're all doing a good job with the little info we receive from the Universe on how to navigate this lil video game experience. YOU'RE A STAR! :chick3: and we shine brighter in the dark~ lowkey wanna get a sticker now lmao

The Judge's Choice challenge sounds amazeballs. Time to put my decision-making skills to the test :duca:

Here is my challenge:

Golden Hit Season 3

Round 5: Judge’s Choice

fountain - Sequels

For my choice I want to put forward a challenge that asks you to write a sequel to a previous song that you have submitted. We’ve already had a few submissions like this already, but I wanted to create a challenge that specifically asks you to look back at your songs and try to continue their story. Your entry should share a narrative or themes with one of your previous songs and develop it further, for example showing what takes place after the initial song, or provide further context to the background of the original, or a different perspective, but it does not necessarily have to share a similar tone; your original song could be dark and somber, but your sequel song could show a brighter and more optimistic side, and vice versa. My only rule for this challenge is that the original song that is being used as the inspiration for your sequel song must be one that you have submitted during Golden Hit; it can be from any season you have taken part in however if you are referring back to a song from a previous season then please also include that song in your entry for reference. The original song will not be taken into account during our judgment, we will only be reviewing the new sequel song. The sequel can sample sections of the original song but should be predominantly new material, however feel free to use as many references and call back to the original as much as you please otherwise. 

My reason for choosing this challenge is that typically (and especially with more personal examples) songs are written very in the moment, or with a particular mindset, and it’s not until later in our personal lives that we have a better perspective or our feelings have developed to a point that it is beneficial to revisit what we have written in the past. 

Here are some examples of songs that work as sequels if you are looking for some inspiration:

Songs that are direct sequels to another—

David Bowie - Space Oddity / Ashes to Ashes

Taylor Swift - Dear John / Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve 

Paramore - Let the Flames Begin / Part II

girl in red - we fell in love in october / October Passed Me By / forget her

Songs that sample a part of an original and build upon it for another perspective—

Rihanna - Love the Way You Lie / Love the Way You Lie (Part II)

Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind / Empire State of Mind (Part II)

Mary Lambert - Same Love / She Keeps Me Warm

Emeli Sandé - Read All About It / Read All About It (Pt. III)

Hope you are enticed by my challenge, and good luck with the round. If there are any questions about my challenge please just tag me and I’ll be happy to answer! 

I should mention Hug and Aurora also have two creative and fun challenges in store so you can look forward to if they reveal them/when the round is posted. Have fun picking!

13 minutes ago, fountain said:

Here is my challenge:

I should mention Hug and Aurora also have two creative and fun challenges in store so you can look forward to if they reveal them/when the round is posted. Have fun picking!

Hmmm I think I'll pass on this challenge. I don't want to write sequels for Dolphin Dive and Love Across the Universes just yet :whistle2:

yay, I was decisive!! :clap:

5 minutes ago, Hug said:

Here's my hint for my challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaNwwOvFOePM2hcgHmsGRBzIU30ZmzJhiBV0lsi6dT43C_ZmHz

Persona? :lakitu:

4 minutes ago, sugarshine said:

Hmmm I think I'll pass on this challenge. I don't want to write sequels for Dolphin Dive and Love Across the Universes just yet :whistle2:

Persona? :lakitu:

Not you actually mostly got it :skull:

2 minutes ago, sugarshine said:

Hehehe yes, in your case the options aren’t too many :'( but luckily most of the other players have been in a few seasons by now so there is some good potential to call back to their previous gems!

It would’ve been nice to revisit our dolphin friend tho and see them escape :eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.