Are Miley's albums good? Which ones are the best?

giRLbye.

Dead Petz > Plastic Hearts > Bangerz > Meet Miley Cyrus > Breakout > Can't Be Tamed > Younger Now

CBT and YN are close though because I'd say that there's quite a few songs I could've done without on both albums.

Her discography is too inconsistent. 

Her best album is easily PH in every aspect you can think of. Some other notable efforts are She Is Coming and Bangerz (though some tracks are unlistenable). Breakout is the typical late 2000s pop-rock album by a Disney star (but not even the best one), Younger Now is a complete skip other than Malibu, Deadz Pets is... interesting - let's leave it there. Can't Be Tamed is a cute album but other than the title track, Who Owns My Heart and Liberty Walk... the rest is pretty forgettable. 

I love Dead Petz but I understand it’s off the wall and not for everyone lol.

She Is Coming and Plastic Hearts are kinda the only two projects worth hearing in full as a new listener. Maybe Bangerz as well 

Plastic Hearts > Dead Petz > Bangerz > She Is Coming > Breakout > The Time Of Our Lives > Can’t Be Tamed > Meet Miley Cyrus > Younger Now 

For me personally, there’s a clear break in my ranking between Breakout and The Time Of Our Lives. I enjoy the first five as whole albums, but starting with TTOOL it gets spotty. Can’t Be Tamed especially has some gems, but as a whole isn’t great. 

12 hours ago, giRLbye. said:

Is Miley's discography considered to be good? Which albums are perceived to be her best?

I like Flowers and I've also liked "Wrecking Ball" & "The Climb" in the past...can't really think of anything else.

Which albums do you recommend for new GP listeners like myself?

Plastic Hearts, then maybe listen to her covers. She is coming is a great project too, alongside Nothing Breaks like a Heart, Younger Now is kinda boring but I like Malibu....

Meet Milet Cyrus, Breakout and The Time of Our Lives are mostly pop rock watered down for Disney aged audiences but a lot of fun. Can't Be Tamed is kind of a front because other than the singles the album isn't as provocative as it might seem based on artwork and title, but still good. Bangerz arrived dated on arrival and half the tracks are pure **** but there are great songs on it as well. Dead Petz and Younger Now exist, for sure! Plastic Hearts is her only truly great album. SHE IS COMING is useless 

Breakout is kinda like Miley's Fearless (TV). It would mean so much if you've been a fan since Hannah days.

I would like to recommend that as it is my favorite from her, but I agree with starting with Plastic Hearts and Bangerz, my two other favorites from her. 

10 hours ago, Slayn said:

dead petz is her best album but many people won't realize that for a long time.

other than that bangerz and PH.

This is tea

If you are into indie experimental records then I suggest you to get into Dead Petz, only people with taste and knowledge will appreciate it enough 

if not start with Plastic Hearts and Bangerz and She’s Coming that are her most authentic records 

If you are into Disney pop then Breakout and Can’t Be Tamed and whatever other project she has under Hollywood Records.

if you are into country folk pop go with Younger Now

She Is Coming and Plastic Hearts are her best and most focused efforts. I find the rest to be messy with some gems sprinkled in.

One of her best songs imo is Space Bootz.

Edited by raven

Plastic Heart

The 1-2-3 punch singles excellence Midnight Sky - Prisoner - Angels Like You :flame:

plastic hearts and bangerz are probably her best projects

and younger now has some gems wake up! :alexz2:

Plastic Hearts is by far her best album, but I also love Dead Petz for how insane and ballsy it was and there are some really great songs on there, and Bangerz has very high high's.

All of her albums have their strong moments though, even YN with Malibu.

She Is Coming is one of her best works too even though it's only an EP.

Edited by Miichael

5 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Can't Be Tamed is a cute album but other than the title track, Who Owns My Heart and Liberty Walk... the rest is pretty forgettable.

Thank you for saying this. This revisionist view that Can't Be Tamed is an overhated album is factually untrue, when it has like 3 or 4 good songs and the rest is filler.

Plastic hearts easily her best, but i would say a 6.5/10.

The rest forgettable stuff at best. 

Plastic Hearts >>>>>>>>> BANGERZ >>> Can’t Be Tamed > Breakout >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Younger Now

I think we gotta keep in mind- most of her albums were released when she was a teenager living a very different life. Her most recent works have been great.

14 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Plastic Hearts >>>>>>>>> BANGERZ >>> Can’t Be Tamed > Breakout >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Younger Now

I think we gotta keep in mind- most of her albums were released when she was a teenager living a very different life. Her most recent works have been great.

Yeah, this. It doesn't make sense to expect adults in the year of 2023 to connect with the lyrics from Breakout, but the album is solid and cohesive to that teen scene from the late 2000s. She did her best as a 15 year-old artist. :heart2:

On 1/19/2023 at 10:27 PM, Freakshowvato said:

Plastic Hearts > Can’t Be Tamed > BANGERZ > everything else is borderline unlistenable

there are bops on Dead Petz and the EPs however

this 

but Dead Petz has enough songs to make a good album (like 12, 13) so you can make a playlist and call it a day

not y'all dragging CBT when it has some of her best lyrics and songs overall. Plastic Hearts is a cute girl but no song on it comes close to Stay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.