Are Miley's albums good? Which ones are the best?

giRLbye.

Is Miley's discography considered to be good? Which albums are perceived to be her best?

I like Flowers and I've also liked "Wrecking Ball" & "The Climb" in the past...can't really think of anything else.

Which albums do you recommend for new GP listeners like myself?

Plastic Hearts > Can’t Be Tamed > BANGERZ > everything else is borderline unlistenable

there are bops on Dead Petz and the EPs however

I love Breakout :gaycat6:

7 Things

See You Again 

The Driveway 

Bottom of the Ocean 

Goodbye 

all eat let’s just be f*cking for real now. 

Bangerz and Dead Petz are my keeps from her. The rest i dont use. Looking forward for ESV to see if it can join them

Scott Borchetta

She has the best discography by an exact.

She doesn't have a single objectively good album except maybe PH but she makes it up by having great songs in every album and even the fillers fit the vibe and sonic palette she is going for.

If you love Avril and disney pop, listen to Breakout and Can't Be Tamed 

If you love borderline unlistenable songs with so many weird choices, listen to Dead Petz

If you love bieber and his hiphop inspired **** like boyfriend and other **** from 2011, you will love BANGERZ

If you love country music, you will like 3 - 5 songs from Younger Now and discard the rest

Plastic Hearts is like a dua'd synth pop album with a few rock inspired songs thrown in to make it interesting.

Plastic Hearts & Bangerz are her most acclaimed albums by far, so I would start there

Throw the She Is Coming EP in there as well

19 minutes ago, wish said:

Plastic Hearts & Bangerz are her most acclaimed albums by far, so I would start there

THIS! :clap3:

Please don’t listen to the other comments :deadbanana4:. They will have you hating her listening to their advice.

Everything else outside this is terrible. Miley herself said she considered Bagzers her real first album.

Edited by Power love

Plastic Hearts = Bangerz > Dead Petz > Younger Now > Can't Be Tamed > Breakout

Bangerz is her only truly amazing album but it's also one of the best albums of the 2010s.

Plastic Hearts is the result of her focusing on a singular sound long enough to actually improve on it and is largely enjoyable, but still has some filler that puts it underneath Bangerz as a project.

Can't Be Tamed is a good Disney girl album aligned with people like Aly & AJ but that's about It.

Breakout and Meet Miley Cyrus have appeal if you grew up with the singles. 

Dead Petz is noise and incoherent as a project.

Younger Now is genuinely awful and uninspired as a project that it soured me on her as a fan.

dead petz is her best album but many people won't realize that for a long time.

other than that bangerz and PH.

As much as I love Miley, I don't think she shines at the album level. She has great songs across every album. I suggest just picking and choosing. She's so talented; genuinely one of those artists worth trying out every release

Can’t Be Tamed is her best and hella underrated 

I recently revisited her discography.  

Plastic Hearts is pretty good.

Bangerz is solid.  Has some real standouts and others that might as well be just noise.

Breakout is a respectable effort worth a listen.  

The time of our lives and meet Miley Cyrus feel similar to me.  They are ok overall.  

Can’t be tamed is near unlistenable though the title track and who owns my heart are great. 

Edit: I forgot younger now…it’s forgettable. 

Edited by byzantium

i like all of them, a listen wouldn’t hurt :bird: but the genre whiplash could be too much

I don't think she makes Albums but Plastic Hearts, Bangerz & Breakout are all pretty good. Younger Now is bad, Dead Petz is way too long and has a lot of filler, and Can't Be Tamed feels very of it's time. 

Edited by FightDragonsWithMe

dead petz is her best. bangerz & she is coming are pretty good too. everything else feels uninspired to me

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Bangerz is her only truly amazing album but it's also one of the best albums of the 2010s.

Plastic Hearts is the result of her focusing on a singular sound long enough to actually improve on it and is largely enjoyable, but still has some filler that puts it underneath Bangerz as a project.

Can't Be Tamed is a good Disney girl album aligned with people like Aly & AJ but that's about It.

Breakout and Meet Miley Cyrus have appeal if you grew up with the singles. 

Dead Petz is noise and incoherent as a project.

Younger Now is genuinely awful and uninspired as a project that it soured me on her as a fan.

Did you listen to She Is Coming EP, amigo? I've noticed Bangerz fans usually connect the most with it. :allears:

_____

Miley has an amazing discography, but as an artist, she is a risk-taker and doesn't like to repeat herself, so sometimes it works for her and sometimes it...doesn't, but that's fine to me. As a stan, Younger Now is her only project that I dislike, but even there there's some tracks that I really love, such as Malibu and I Would Die For You.

Dead Petz have some of her greatest songs, but it has some messy tracks as well, so you'll need to have an open mind to listen to the entire album. I suggest you start with Plastic Hearts, She is Coming (EP) and Bangerz.

2 hours ago, wish said:

:coffee:

Do not listen to anyone who says Dead Petz is her best :deadbanana: they have to be Miley haters in disguise trying to mislead you

Definitely Bangerz and Plastic Hearts are your best bets, followed by She Is Coming.

Start by She Is Coming EP. It embodies Bangerz while keeping elements from CTB and the first half of Dead Petz.

If you enjoyed it, listen to Bangerz. If you didnt like it, listen to Plastic Hearts.

If you enjoyed Bangerz, try Can't Be Tamed, its essencially an electropop/pop rock version of Bangerz. If you Plastic Hearts, try Meet Miley Cyrus + Breakout, its basically Avril's The Best Damn Thing x2.

After you finished all of the aforementioned albums, listen to Younger Now.

Then finish with Dead Petz. Its her most left field album but once you find a way to enjoy it, its her best.

To me The time of our lives EP is her best work 

No fillers at all

Can’t Be Tamed is second and plastic hearts is 3rd 

meet Miley Cyrus and breakout and cute if you enjoy teen pop 

Bangerz is all over the place but has bops 

dead Petz and younger now are trash like for real 

start at Plastic Hearts and work your way backwards, skip Younger Now and Dead Petz though. 

6 hours ago, 45seconds said:

I love Breakout :gaycat6:

7 Things

See You Again 

The Driveway 

Bottom of the Ocean 

Goodbye 

all eat let’s just be f*cking for real now. 

ate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.