Outlander renewed for eighth and final season, prequel Blood Of My Blood ordered

Lee!!

I'm shocked it was renewed due to Sam and Cait's LONG commitments to the entire show, but this is great news. Even though the last book in the series won't be published by the time this airs, I'm confident the show will be able to wrap everything up without diving into new side plots (which is mostly what book 9 consists of, as much as I enjoyed it). The show was never going to be able to get to everything, anyway—the books contain far more than what the series has covered. And that's okay, I still love the show and am happy its ending is going to be (hopefully) well thought-out.

they should make a lord john grey spinoff if they're making one for jamie's parents

8 hours ago, Black Beauty said:

I'm shocked it was renewed due to Sam and Cait's LONG commitments to the entire show, but this is great news. Even though the last book in the series won't be published by the time this airs, I'm confident the show will be able to wrap everything up without diving into new side plots (which is mostly what book 9 consists of, as much as I enjoyed it). The show was never going to be able to get to everything, anyway—the books contain far more than what the series has covered. And that's okay, I still love the show and am happy its ending is going to be (hopefully) well thought-out.

Exactly 💯 

Even if the show ended with Season 7, I think they would've been able to wrap it up nicely but season 8 gives them more than enough room.

I loved the entire show but my one and complaint is that they shouldn't have done season 6 the way they did. They should've waited until Caitriona was done with her pregnancy and do a proper 13 episodes because 8 episodes made it weak and messy.

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

Exactly 💯 

Even if the show ended with Season 7, I think they would've been able to wrap it up nicely but season 8 gives them more than enough room.

I loved the entire show but my one and complaint is that they shouldn't have done season 6 the way they did. They should've waited until Caitriona was done with her pregnancy and do a proper 13 episodes because 8 episodes made it weak and messy.

i mean, that's why they're devoting several episodes of s7 to finishing book 6.

s6 8 + s7 16 = 24, so that gives book 6 and 7 ~twelve each. same as s5.

Edited by fridayteenage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.