Should artifacts be recovered from the Titanic?

Symmetra

Should the artifacts be brought to the surface  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should we retrieve artifacts from the titanic?

• No. It’s a gravesite and should be left alone.
    • Yes. We shouldn’t let what’s left of it be lost forever.

It’s well known that the titanic is currently decaying at a rapid rate and won’t be around for to much longer. Do you think artifacts should be retrieved from the ship?

If some rich billionaire is paying for that, sure go ahead. 

If this comes from the taxpayer's pockets, then hell no. It's all well documented and I don't think it would add much value.

A lot was already taken, it is a gravesite and it should be protected as such.

What would you do with rusty ass beds and mirrors from 100 years ago when you could invest that same money on idk… fighting cancer? global warming? 

Yes I wanna see it :sorry:

Im surprised the British museum hasn't already ... 

Yes! We want JACK

On 1/19/2023 at 12:27 PM, Shelter said:

They already took loads

On 1/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, mystery said:

A lot was already taken, it is a gravesite and it should be protected as such.

They’ve only taken thing that were thrown in the debris field. The question more lies is going inside the ship(cutting it up to get stuff.) to retrieve things.

Edited by Symmetra

On 1/20/2023 at 1:06 AM, Daniel767 said:

Im surprised the British museum hasn't already ... 

the comment actually made me laugh. Nicely done.

I’m not a biologist but is it actually a gravesite?  How many bodies actually made it down there and wouldn’t the ones that did have decomposed, floated back up/been eaten by now? 

I don’t have much issue with disturbing the location but I have a bit of an issue with what people would want to use the artifacts for.  At the end of the day it is still a tragedy and I would be bothered if  a chandelier or plate was put on display in a private home or museum.  It feels wrong to use tragedy like that. 

31 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I’m not a biologist but is it actually a gravesite?  How many bodies actually made it down there and wouldn’t the ones that did have decomposed, floated back up/been eaten by now? 

I don’t have much issue with disturbing the location but I have a bit of an issue with what people would want to use the artifacts for.  At the end of the day it is still a tragedy and I would be bothered if  a chandelier or plate was put on display in a private home or museum.  It feels wrong to use tragedy like that. 

A lot of the poorer passengers were still stuck in the stern(the half that the propellers had) when it went down died immediately once it sunk roughly 200 meters the and got dragged to the bottoms. After that time and earth did it’s job. 

On 1/23/2023 at 3:09 AM, byzantium said:

A bunch of people have already made careers out of this tragedy. Directors, actors, singer etc Preserving an actual artifact would at least be valuable and symbolic.

On 1/23/2023 at 2:09 AM, byzantium said:

Girl an entire entertainment and consumer industry has already been made out of the Titanic :skull:

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.