Jump to content

Candace Owens - "Veganism is a cult"


Armani?
 Share

Recommended Posts

the stylised thread title :rip: I thought it's a song or sumn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

the stylised thread title :rip: I thought it's a song or sumn

:ahh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2023 at 2:44 PM, RunUpDoneUp said:

But so is conservatism. Who's gonna tell her?

:coffee:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Veganism is too scattered to be a cult because it lacks any coherent ideology.

 

There are literally vegan nazis. :skull:

 

Anyone who's taken an actual look into veganism knows it's one of the most fractured and divided "communities".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Candace Owens is the person meat eaters have chosen as their ambassador? I'd be embarrassed if I was one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Communion said:

Veganism is too scattered to be a cult because it lacks any coherent ideology.

 

There are literally vegan nazis. :skull:

 

Anyone who's taken an actual look into veganism knows it's one of the most fractured and divided "communities".

Veganism is a philosophy underpinned by the intent of harm reduction. 
 

There are disagreements on messaging and intent, and those that place more value and emphasis on environmental causes or health, over the original intent of not harming sentient beings, but it’s not really all that of an issue, as the outcome is the same & it just strengthens the causes reach & applicability by highlighting it’s several benefits. It’s wide-ranging enough to have an element that is bound to resonate with someone, even if they couldn’t care less about animal suffering.  
 

Of course, every movement has its co-opts & those that are just seeking to capitalise, hop on a “diet” fad etc. But in my experience, it’s actually one of the more impactful & coordinated communities I’ve come across/am a part of & it’s achieved tangible change (see the desperate state of the Dairy industry & the rise of plant based alternatives rn).
 

There are massive Discord & other social media accounts that coordinate outreach plans with their members by “raiding” or undercover targeting other communities, to start conversations & educate, then report back their results. :rip:
 

I don’t think it’s all that fractured, tbh. Just varied, which isn’t a bad thing. 
 

As for Candace, she’s one of the least convincing right-wing drifters I’ve ever seen. She just isn’t skilled at making a point as her counterparts & I’m never convinced she even believes what she spouts. “Veganism is a cult, but everything is a cult!” :gaycat7:Ok girl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Communion said:

Veganism is too scattered to be a cult because it lacks any coherent ideology.

 

There are literally vegan nazis. :skull:

 

Anyone who's taken an actual look into veganism knows it's one of the most fractured and divided "communities".

Eh... most vegans are Left leaning & are women. There's definitely a political underlining for most ppl that consider the ideology.

 

"Vegan Nazi" seems like a oxymoron:skull:  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FOCK said:

Veganism is a philosophy underpinned by the intent of harm reduction. 
 

There are disagreements on messaging and intent, and those that place more value and emphasis on environmental causes or health, over the original intent of not harming sentient beings, but it’s not really all that of an issue, as the outcome is the same & it just strengthens the causes reach & applicability by highlighting it’s several benefits. It’s wide-ranging enough to have an element that is bound to resonate with someone, even if they couldn’t care less about animal suffering.  

Sis, I don't want to cut off the rest of your post, but I do so just to emphasize that I agree with you.

 

After I posted, I even thought: "Should I add something to make it clear I think this is a *good thing* for veganism?" cause my initial thought was that my commentary would be misconstrued as a criticism when it's not.

 

I think veganism not being cultish is exactly a benefit for it. In that an entry-point into it is way more accessible and not totally dependent on strict adherence to a myriad of beliefs (what a cult is).

 

My POV just comes from someone who has been vegan-curious for years and thus has been open to tons of vegan-aimed content. And I definitely think it happens more-so online than in real life, but have just seen the myriad of in-fighting and divisions amongst vegans on things like Youtube and digital spaces.

 

Even if it's just something like Vegan as a political or moral view vs having a "Plant-Based Diet". Both of these groups may view themselves as equally vegan despite having different ideas to how to minimize animal suffering.

 

And then you get into further divisions when people try to insert their own personal dietary views into veganism, ie: you have people who suggest raw food diets should go hand-in-hand with veganism. 

 

20 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Eh... most vegans are Left leaning & are women. There's definitely a political underlining for most ppl that consider the ideology.

 

"Vegan Nazi" seems like a oxymoron:skull:  

Sis do a Vegan YT deep-dive. :deadbanana4: It's wild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Communion said:

 

 

 

Sis do a Vegan YT deep-dive. :deadbanana4: It's wild.

My vegan Youtube experience is mainly Mic The Vegan, Simnett Nutrition, Healthy Crazy Cool, Unnatural Vegan(she's annoying), Vegan Gains, Earthling Ed and some more strictly food channels like Cheap Lazy Vegan, Tabitha Brown, Sweet Potato Soul etc

 

I dont usually watch vlogs like Freelee although I've been exposed to them 

 

The most disturbing thing I have seen is this girl quitting veganism and going to a carnivore diet which kinda proves she's fake implicitly, only out for views & riding on trends:hoetenks:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Communion Are you talking about John Rose? I kind of forgot about him but he's a "vegan" and a Nazi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Armani? said:

Unnatural Vegan(she's annoying)

A legend. The only one I use. :heart:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator

First thing I’ve ever agreed with her on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, khalyan said:

First thing I’ve ever agreed with her on

Unfortunately she's incorrect.

 

Supporting animal agriculture despite being morally against it is a cult however, the cognitive dissonance just to maintain current social customs is strong:coffee2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 9:45 AM, Armani? said:

@Communion Are you talking about John Rose? I kind of forgot about him but he's a "vegan" and a Nazi

I'm trying to find the video - I think Unnatural Vegan wrote Nazi like [email protected]! or something to avoid demonitization at the time but she did a video on some discourse that was happening at the time about right-wing vegans.

 

I actually liked Unnatural's videos until finding out she's a neoliberal ddd.

 

My favorite commie vegans are Mexie (her channel is more politics oriented):

 

I also liked a privileged vegan's videos but for some reason her account looks shadow-banned? :deadbanana4:

 

 

Her videos are somehow still up but you can't access her channel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Communion said:

I'm trying to find the video - I think Unnatural Vegan wrote Nazi like [email protected]! or something to avoid demonitization at the time but she did a video on some discourse that was happening at the time about right-wing vegans.

 

I actually liked Unnatural's videos until finding out she's a neoliberal ddd.

 

My favorite commie vegans are Mexie (her channel is more politics oriented):

 

I also liked a privileged vegan's videos but for some reason her account looks shadow-banned? :deadbanana4:

 

 

Her videos are somehow still up but you can't access her channel. 

Unnatural Vegan is so annoying. Of course anti-vegans would like her. :deadbanana:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Unnatural Vegan is so annoying. Of course anti-vegans would like her. :deadbanana:

The whole point of her channel is the appear to be the "reasonable" or "pushover" vegan to transition people over. Which can be fine if it's in the angle of like Tabitha Brown but I find Unnatural's content smug and sometimes dishonest:rip: She also can misrepresent nutritional science since she's a junk food vegan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The whole point of her channel is the appear to be the "reasonable" or "pushover" vegan to transition people over. Which can be fine if it's in the angle of like Tabitha Brown but I find Unnatural's content smug and sometimes dishonest:rip: She also can misrepresent nutritional science since she's a junk food vegan. 

Oh we love a queen even if I won't be eating that carrot bacon :jonny:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Communion This is old, but the way Unnatural Vegan said there was no evidence for any meat causing cancer, then only a few months later the WHO released a report that processed meat causes cancer:bibliahh:

 

I think she deleted the video:rip:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...