Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

The way I always think that Nothing Really Matters would make a perfect opening song every time I hear it and then...

new-york-flavor-of-love-my-mind-it-amazes-me-sometimes.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Hiatus

6 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Wtf no hard candy songs?!!!!!

byyyye

is this true????? killing myself i wanted candy shop again

3 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

as someone with a ticket i’m genuinely upset i’m not going to hear Music live the first (and most likely last) time i see Madonna live… 

What I would do to be able to see Drowned World Tour live :jonny3:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Tha haters in here dissing the setlist (which includes just about every major hit) and her not dancing enough when she's a 65 year old woman who just recovered from a near death experience. Grow up 

i don't mind the dancing. I understand she can't do it anymore but it is another dark show from her and needed a more happy section. She's very known for her 80s dancing songs after all. I remember the dancers saying it was going to be a big dance floor but i didn't feel like it aside from some parts like Vogue. The production is perfect though.

The ending sucks big time.

• Like 6

Oh… yeah the setlist is great overall but no Frozen is really weird, especially after the resurgence recently :deadbanana4:

Quick thoughts out of what I saw (I watched most of the Livestream): overall very good.

- She sounds great! I really enjoyed Bad Girl in a lower key in particular.

- Costumes and visuals were very good.

- I'm glad she took a similar approach to Cher and Beyoncé in recent shows. Less choreography but more connection with the audience and concentration on the voice. Despite less choreography, it still very much feels like a Madonna show.

- Erotica / You Thrill Me was my favourite part, the visuals were amazing.

- The set list is very strong and includes all of her most essential singles in my view, as well as a few nice hidden gems. It's also a long concert which is great (about 130 minutes I think). You could nitpick and say she excluded a good few of the 80s hits and some other recent hits, but I think she did include all of the main ones.

- The acoustic section with I Will Survive was very cute and again, excellent to hear those vocals. It's also significant to hear her still be political on stage.

- Nitpicking: Bedtime Stories had a great concept and is refreshing but I wish there was more happening around her and I wish she sang the original version of Ray Of Light because I'm not sure if this remix pops off live. The ending also seems rushed.

- Overall a brilliant concert and she should be proud of it!

• Like 2

I'm glad people that attented the show enjoyed it! That's what matters. Kinda sad I won't be able to see her live and that was probably my last chance but I'm hoping for that live album

4 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Tha haters in here dissing the setlist (which includes just about every major hit) and her not dancing enough when she's a 65 year old woman who just recovered from a near death experience. Grow up 

This is such a stupid take on the situation. We paid (a lot) for the show that was promoted as the greatest hits tour and we have every right to be disappointed. It is so idiotic of you to think that we need to stan anything she serves us just because she's 65 or had a near death experience. 

It is absolutely hilarious how you will see certain users in here claim the setlist is full of hits and then list a dozen songs :toofunny3:

• Like 2

Just now, Hurem said:

This is such a stupid take on the situation. We paid (a lot) for the show that was promoted as the greatest hits tour and we have every right to be disappointed. It is so idiotic of you to think that we need to stan anything she serves us just because she's 65 or had a near death experience. 

It is absolutely hilarious how you will see certain users in here claim the setlist is full of hits and then list a dozen songs :toofunny3:

What did y'all get? GREATEST HITS 

I don't know what you gays are complaining about.

She sang Rain and I can't wait for the full performance to be uploaded on YT.

:jonny5:

• Haha 1

It's hard to judge by that ugly stream, you need to see it live to feel the concept and connection between songs and ideas :gaycat2:

1 minute ago, Oktober Knight said:

!! I’m confused. She has like 40 top 10 hits. She can’t do all of them. 

y'all need to let people vent in peace about their favorite songs not being in the setlist, especially after leaks that weren't true 

• Like 3

Just now, Oktober Knight said:

Oh I love hits like Mother and Father and Bad Girl! I'm glad she left out her unknown songs like Material Girl, Frozen, or 4 Minutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hurem said:

a dozen? 

Intro do Bob The Drag Queen
01 Nothing Really Matters 
02 Everybody (Where's The Party Interpolation)
03 Into the Hollywood Groove
04 Burning Up
05 Open You Heart 
06 Holiday 
07 Live To Tell
(In This Life interpolation)
Dancers Interlude (Girl Gone Wild, Act of Contrition Interpolation)
08 Like a Prayer (Unholy Interpolation) 
Dancers Interlude (Living For Love Interpolation)
Video Interlude (Fever, Bedtime Story Interpolations)
09 Erotica (You Thrill Me, Papa Don't Preach Interpolation)
10 Justify My Love (Fever Interpolation)
11 Hung Up (Hung Up On Tokischa Interpolation)
12 Bad Girl 
Dancers Interlude (Up Down Suite, Break My Soul Remix Interpolation)
13 Vogue
Ballroom Dancers Intermission
14 Human Nature / Crazy For You 
The Beast Within Dancers Interlude
15 Die Another Day
16 Don't Tell Me

17 Mother and Father 
18 I Will Survive 
19 La Isla Bonita / Don't Cry For Me Argentina  
Iconography Video Interlude (I Don't Search I Find, Goodbye To Innocence Interpolation)
20 Bedtime Story
21 Ray Of Light
22 Rain
23 Like a Virgin
(Billie Jean Interpolation)
24 ***** I'm Madonna (Give Me All Your Luvin' Interpolation)
25 Celebration (Music Interpolation)

We knew since the beginning this would be 4 decade so BIM would be in and it's her biggest 10's song along Give Me Al Your Luving...and we got both. 

Saying the show lacked hits is just a lie, i'm sorry 

1 minute ago, stupidjock said:

y'all need to let people vent in peace about their favorite songs not being in the setlist, especially after leaks that weren't true 

Stans are so weird. They're getting personally offended over someone criticizing the show as if Madonna is their aunt or something.

• Like 4

I don’t want any spoilers. It’s gonna be hard to wait until my show but I need to know guys. 

how was it? Amazing? Mind blowing? Did she start on time? Did she serve energy? 

i don’t wanna know about the setlist

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

a dozen? 

Intro do Bob The Drag Queen
01 Nothing Really Matters 
02 Everybody (Where's The Party Interpolation)
04 Burning Up
05 Open You Heart 
06 Holiday 
07 Live To Tell
Dancers Interlude (Girl Gone Wild, Act of Contrition Interpolation)
Dancers Interlude (Living For Love Interpolation)
Video Interlude (Fever, Bedtime Story Interpolations)
09 Erotica (You Thrill Me, Papa Don't Preach Interpolation)
10 Justify My Love (Fever Interpolation)
12 Bad Girl 
Dancers Interlude (Up Down Suite, Break My Soul Remix Interpolation)
13 Vogue
Ballroom Dancers Intermission
14 Human Nature / Crazy For You 
The Beast Within Dancers Interlude
15 Die Another Day
16 Don't Tell Me

17 Mother and Father 
18 I Will Survive 
Iconography Video Interlude (I Don't Search I Find, Goodbye To Innocence Interpolation)
20 Bedtime Story
21 Ray Of Light
22 Rain
23 Like a Virgin
(Billie Jean Interpolation)
24 ***** I'm Madonna (Give Me All Your Luvin' Interpolation)
25 Celebration (Music Interpolation)

We knew since the beginning this would be 4 decade so BIM would be in and it's her biggest 10's song along Give Me Al Your Luving...and we got both. 

oh please half of these were just interludes, rushed or ruined like LAP mixed up with Unholy 

2 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

05 Open You Heart 
06 Holiday 
07 Live To Tell
09 Erotica 
13 Vogue

21 Ray Of Light

These are the only true hits performed in full. It is what it is

Edited by LittleStarmen

I was super sad i didn’t get tickets but after seeing some videos I’m okay :rip: I mean, I would still love to go, but it doesn’t feel like I’m missing too much

Just now, Hurem said:

Oh I love hits like Mother and Father and Bad Girl! I'm glad she left out her unknown songs like Material Girl, Frozen, or 4 Minutes.

+ Bedtime Story and Human Nature, which both missed the top 40 instead of top 3 hit Secret and Take A Bow which is her track to spend the most weeks at #1. I can't believe she did Bedtime Stories album dirty like this. 

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyZYpdqMd4a/

This pretty much sums up the feeling of the show.

She performs holidays covered in a funeral cape in the dark, with all these distracting dancers on her way.

Where is the color? where is the celebration lol?

Edited by LittleStarmen
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.