Madonna - The Celebration Tour | Río Mega-Concert This Saturday!

Sergi91

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Hiatus

7 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

Actually, with the new LA dates announced for January, a Latin American leg is more likely to happen as she wouldn't come back there just to play two shows. It would not make much sense financially travel the whole stage and crew just for that. Plus we have these posts the official Mexican promoter has posted hyping her: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn5WzH7vp4y/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn70FoGpcC0/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

And now this insider posts this:

What are unlikely to happen are Asian, Australian tour dates as we haven't got any single rumor or hint about those.

This is solid proof but still their silence is giving me the ick 

14 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

:rip::rip: Y'all cracked me up. I can't exchange it or sell it until Monday so I probably won't be going after all since everything will be sold out again. :chick3:

Don't lose hope, the sales of Brooklyn are way slower than the other ones.

14 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

In other news, with the four sold out shows in Paris she is going to play to an audience equivalent to a State de France stadium date :loki:

then why didn't she just play the stadium, i know she hates them but it's just.. oh well. 

so no australia? poor them :chick2:

1 hour ago, Frozen99 said:

then why didn't she just play the stadium, i know she hates them but it's just.. oh well. 

so no australia? poor them :chick2:

cuz stadiums are a poor experience compared to an arena.

5 shows in London (possibly adding 1-2) 

4 shows in NYC 

4 shows in La

2 shows in Brooklyn 

2 shows in Inglewood 

2 shows in Vegas

= around 20 shows. Do you think she has a chance at grossing $100m from these markets alone? I mean, she would need around a $350 ticket average which isn’t too far fetched considering these are highly expensive markets, no? 

6 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I hope she drops an ep before the tour starts... I can't believe it's been 8 years since the last album :rip:

Erm... Madame X was 4 years ago 

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

4 shows in NYC 

4 shows in La

2 shows in Brooklyn 

2 shows in Inglewood 

2 shows in Vegas

= around 20 shows. Do you think she has a chance at grossing $100m from these markets alone? I mean, she would need around a $350 ticket average which isn’t too far fetched considering these are highly expensive markets, no? 

I think it’s possible, especially with all the side seating they’ve added and still charging $300 to be almost behind the stage. I think the average attendance could be 15k, and with the dates announced I wouldn’t be surprised if it grosses close to $300 million. With South America, Asia and Australia it could pass sticky and sweet gross.  

4 hours ago, spree said:

cuz stadiums are a poor experience compared to an arena.

sure but she has played so many shows during her lifetime, she needs to watch out for her health and stadiums satisfy both, the masses and her health.

17 hours ago, Jjang said:

This is solid proof but still their silence is giving me the ick 

Well, with the busy past two weeks and unexpected amount of shows, I think she and Live Nation will focus for now on selling the remaining tickets left for the 2nd nights, and the general sale next week of the recent new added ones. It would make sense they will wait announcing more after the RBD tour demand wears off in South America and with Beyoncé supposedly announcing her tour next week. But anyway, whatever new dates she announces, they will happen in a year, so there's plenty time to announce and put on sale them.

12 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Seriously, why does she hate Australia so much? :rip:

Every artist  (and person on earth) does. :gaycat2: Only Pink likes you (she has  huge demand since no other artist plays there:rip:)

10 hours ago, Jjang said:

4 shows in NYC 

4 shows in La

2 shows in Brooklyn 

2 shows in Inglewood 

2 shows in Vegas

Why is Brooklyn counted separately from NY? :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Raptus said:

Every artist  (and person on earth) does. :gaycat2: Only Pink likes you (she has  huge demand since no other artist plays there:rip:)

Yeah but Madonna seem to be the only pop legend that ACTIVELY seem to be avoiding Australia for almost every tour :rip:

And yeah Pink is so massive over there lol, good for her honestly, she's amazing.

RBD, Taylor Swift and Beyoncé's tour announcements probably moved Madonna's to avoid saturation lbr

2 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Yeah but Madonna seem to be the only pop legend that ACTIVELY seem to be avoiding Australia for almost every tour :rip:

And yeah Pink is so massive over there lol, good for her honestly, she's amazing.

What? She was just there during her last real global tour...she's definitely not actively avoiding it. But I think that was actually her first visit in years, right? Its not the rest of the worlds fault that Australia is at the end of the world :rip:

Edited by Matangi

14 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Seriously, why does she hate Australia so much? :rip:

The Australia discussion is such a broken record on here and has been answered constantly for most of the MPG's and other artists too.

All of the reasons and P!nk's success being a huge exception are all discussed really well here: https://junkee.com/tour-australia-difficulties/134768

Just going through some old performances... I forgot how much she was literally throwing herself on the floor, doing summersaults and twirls :chick2:

13 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Just going through some old performances... I forgot how much she was literally throwing herself on the floor, doing summersaults and twirls :chick2:

All her tours were extremely physically demanding. I’m worried people are expecting this from her at 65 tho :rip:

The 6th and final London show has just been announced for Dec 6th :loki:

Edited by The Second Coming

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.