Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

Not people in here trashing Madame X like that, when it at least gave birth to IDSIF and Extreme Occident - whereas Generic Heart features her lowest lows. Bonus: Not only remains RH her worst album, but also her worst tour. :gaycat5:

• Thanks 2

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Year of Shadow

Rebel Heart is her most trendy hoppy album and it plays like a mixtape. At least with Madame X she attempted something more ambitious and conceptual like she used to make.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2024 at 8:43 AM, Jay07 said:

Rebel Heart is her most trendy hoppy album and it plays like a mixtape. At least with Madame X she attempted something more ambitious and conceptual like she used to make.

I would say it's the other way around, Madame X was a shameless attempt to jump into the reggaeton trend, Rebel heart at least had great songs on it

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

I would say it's the other way around, Madame X was a shameless attempt to jump into the reggaeton trend, Rebel heart at least had great songs on it

I beg to differ. There was a lot more going on to offer than just reggaeton. She was brave to try on lots of things in Madame X.  Nothing shameful unlike you said.

Edited by nightowl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/20/2024 at 8:53 AM, TheRealGâteau said:

Not people in here trashing Madame X like that, when it at least gave birth to IDSIF and Extreme Occident - whereas Generic Heart features her lowest lows. Bonus: Not only remains RH her worst album, but also her worst tour. :gaycat5:

I see RH like the modern brother of Erotica in a way, a lot of songs have the same vibe if I could say

On 5/20/2024 at 5:53 AM, TheRealGâteau said:

Taste those are my two favorite songs of hers from last decade

4 minutes ago, MP3 said:

I see RH like the modern brother of Erotica in a way, a lot of songs have the same vibe if I could say

The fonts and photoshoot for the albums are pretty similar in a way

5 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

The fonts and photoshoot for the albums are pretty similar in a way

Yeah true, they are similar on a lot of points

RH is a borefest in every way possible

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Working with Mirwais for a fourth time was a big misstep. 

Rebel Heart is a top 5 M album I fear. Would've been #1 with better sequencing and some edits. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mchl said:

Rebel Heart is a top 5 M album I fear. Would've been #1 with better sequencing and some edits. 

Fact.Tea.Truth.etcetc

2 hours ago, spiritboy said:

RH is a borefest in every way possible

Madame X is a borefest too besides a couple of tracks.

• Like 1

I only like like 2 songs from Madame X.

:skull:

This Rebel Heart slandering must stop 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nightowl said:

I beg to differ. There was a lot more going on to offer than just reggaeton. She was brave to try on lots of things in Madame X.  Nothing shameful unlike you said.

Yeah, collaborating with Maluma in 2019 was such a bold move... And even the Black Eyed Peas got a bigger hit by doing it than Madonna.

• Thumbs Down 1

16 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Yeah, collaborating with Maluma in 2019 was such a bold move... And even the Black Eyed Peas got a bigger hit by doing it than Madonna.

Collaborating with Maluma doesn't represent the whole album. I think you didn't even listen to the whole album because you must be a hater, did you?? What do you know other than maluma then?

• Thanks 1

RH era has probably the best MATERIAL recorded by Madonna since Ray of Light. Anyone that heard the demos from all sessions (songs that made the final cut and the ones that didn't) knows this album could've been a career highlight. The leaks, Interscope saying she couldn't make a double album (the rebel side and the Heart side), Avicci getting sick and Madonna having to run to other producers to finish those tracks all meddled on Madonna's vision for the project. 

Imagine this Rebel Heart 100% finished and mastered on her record:

Joan of Arc as Madonna originally intended (it was changed after the leaks. when it wasn't a generic mid-tempo track). She even used some of these elements on her Ellen performance (on the last chorus). So clearly she liked it like this:

Imagine this version of Inside Out finished and not the shitty one Kanye gave us:

What about the amazing Never Let You Go?

Then she had songs she barely worked on for the album (probably because the double album idea was canceled) and would be amazing finished:

And let's not forget how she removed Queen last minute right before the album released lmao. It was even part of the "final" album leak back then. It leaked in HQ and everything:

This song is so personal and you can tell what she's talking about so clearly. 

This could've been her best album since Ray of Light, and it still hurts what happened to it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 10:11 PM, Chris said:

I only like like 2 songs from Madame X.

:skull:

that's a lot :rip:

Ciao Bella is the only good one and she is more like a guest artist in her own song and it's a BONUS TRACK:rip: :rip:

Edited by Drowned8World

6 hours ago, nightowl said:

Collaborating with Maluma doesn't represent the whole album. I think you didn't even listen to the whole album because you must be a hater, did you?? What do you know other than maluma then?

I listened to the whole album when it came out, and didn't feel like anything special to me. For me, Madonna has always been an artist that sets trends, instead of following them. And not only Maluma, but Anitta, Quavo and in general trying reggaeton/latino sounds just when it started to get popular felt like typical trend-chasing to me. And no, I'm no hater, I respect her legacy as an artist, I was just answering to the user who said Rebel heart was her trendy hoppy album and Madame X was ambititious, and I think it's the other way tbh.

• Thumbs Down 1

What trends did Madame X follow? :huh:

• Thanks 2

Madame X is as uncommercial as it gets, there is no trend chasing on that album. Show me another song that sounds like the masterpiece that is God Control.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

I listened to the whole album when it came out, and didn't feel like anything special to me. For me, Madonna has always been an artist that sets trends, instead of following them. And not only Maluma, but Anitta, Quavo and in general trying reggaeton/latino sounds just when it started to get popular felt like typical trend-chasing to me. And no, I'm no hater, I respect her legacy as an artist, I was just answering to the user who said Rebel heart was her trendy hoppy album and Madame X was ambititious, and I think it's the other way tbh.

aside from the maluma and Anita songs, it's very uncommercial and different. the instrumentals and weird production choices

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wanderlust said:

aside from the maluma and Anita songs, it's very uncommercial and different. the instrumentals and weird production choices

And even then, Medellin is far from your average commercial reggaeton song. B*tch I'm Loca is the closest but the lyrics are too meme-y to be taken seriously. Faz Gostoso is not reggaeton at all and its sound has never become a trend. Just because she chose to collaborate with trendy acts doesn't mean the result was automatically trendy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Tell that to your diary. Madonna wont agree, let alone other fans but you only delulu

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.