Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

4 minutes ago, besaid said:

She could do a few stadium dates in Toronto, NYC, LA, Mexico City, etc. and would sell out without much difficulty imo

+ Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, and New Orleans.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Year of Shadow

16 minutes ago, besaid said:

She could do a few stadium dates in Toronto, NYC, LA, Mexico City, etc. and would sell out without much difficulty imo

They won’t do any more shows in the states. The current 5 LA/6 NYC shows aren’t even sold out (yet). However, she can easily do 15+ European stadiums, hitting the UK hard if she does headline Glastonbury. Then if she does SA and maybe a few shows in Japan this could pass Sticky and Sweet gross. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradySpears said:

They won’t do any more shows in the states. The current 5 LA/6 NYC shows aren’t even sold out (yet). However, she can easily do 15+ European stadiums, hitting the UK hard if she does headline Glastonbury. Then if she does SA and maybe a few shows in Japan this could pass Sticky and Sweet gross. 

+add shows in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Taiwan, and South Africa. 

16 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

+add shows in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Taiwan, and South Africa. 

That's the thing with Madonna, she could tour any corner in the planet to great success but... will she do it? :redface:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

That's the thing with Madonna, she could tour any corner in the planet to great success but... will she do it? :redface:

She’s probably waiting for her Farewell Tour to visit every corner of earth. :suburban:

3 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

She’s probably waiting for her Farewell Tour to visit every corner of earth. :suburban:

3 year tenure to reclaim the female touring record :suburban:

30 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

3 year tenure to reclaim the female touring record :suburban:

More like 2 years + 1 year to make sure she keeps the record for another decade 

:ryan3:

It just hit me that over the past 5 days she did 4 shows already :rip:

Now she gets 2 days of rest at least lmao

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

It just hit me that over the past 5 days she did 4 shows already :rip:

and i can't even get up in the morning without hitting snooze 3 times, lol. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, BradySpears said:

this could pass Sticky and Sweet gross. 

I wonder what she is averaging per show?

3 hours ago, LOTF said:

Poor attendees who depend on public transportation 😬

I'm sure it's 1000% worth it to be inconvenienced for one night of your life. 

oh she still in london? i see she has still has more shows in London too :deadbanana4:

why didn't she do stadiums in Europe at least. would have been less work on her part too. 

1 hour ago, spree said:

I wonder what she is averaging per show?

I’m excited to get the first box scores, but my guess for the current dates is around $240m. A $200 average ticket price, easily higher, and we know the tour (before refunds:fan:) sold 1.2m tickets by June. I think with 40 or so stadium shows can gross another $200 million, that should be easy with the price of tickets anymore. 

Edited by BradySpears

1 hour ago, BradySpears said:

I’m excited to get the first box scores, but my guess for the current dates is around $240m. A $200 average ticket price, easily higher, and we know the tour (before refunds:fan:) sold 1.2m tickets by June. I think with 40 or so stadium shows can gross another $200 million, that should be easy with the price of tickets anymore. 

I think stadium shows would easily do way more than that. $5m is too little per show with her current pricing, even Karol G does $8-12m per show.

Ack - no stadiums please! The production is so amazing in an arena and I think the spectacle would be way less effective in a stadium. And the sound would definitely be worse.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:14 AM, Drowned8World said:

did you choke a lil bit with Live To Tell?:jonnycat:

YES! I rarely cry at concerts but it was so moving, also because I was thinking what a legend she is and everything she experienced. her life is just so interesting, imagine casually hearing her stories at the dinner table :jonny2:

On 10/18/2023 at 4:54 AM, spree said:

when did it start and was it a full show with the curfew not interfering? Great writeup, btw.  I can't wait till Houston. 

also, how would you rate it compared to her previous tours? (if you went)

on Tuesday she started around 8:45 so she did the full show thankfully. I’ve been to every tour since MDNA and I would say 

1. MDNA and Celebration - still need more time to process Celebration so for now they’re on par for me. and MDNA is a god awful terrible album but the tour slayed 

2. Rebel Heart Tour - really liked this tour, though not sure what the consensus is among the little madonners 

3. Madame X - it was a great experience and her personality really come through with the whole “unscripted” laid back thing. the concept was great but something was missing for me 

On 10/18/2023 at 3:58 AM, Chris said:

Die Another Day?

one of the highlights for sure, along with NRM and DTM they were my favorite performances  :jonny:

2 minutes ago, Capris Groove said:

Ack - no stadiums please! The production is so amazing in an arena and I think the spectacle would be way less effective in a stadium. And the sound would definitely be worse.

That’s exactly why. If I recall correctly she hated S&S tour combined with rain. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 5:11 PM, HonourableVomit said:

I always rolled my eyes at people wanting Bad Girl on a tour, assuming it'd be a huge momentum killer and the GP standing there awkwardly would suck the buzz out of any section (it's London so all those dusty bald hags are just standing there no matter what song she plays) but it works so well here, maybe my favourite part of the show. :rip: 

It's a real moment in the show because it's been nearly 30 years since she has done it, and even then it was just one time and never again. And she is actually sounding pretty good doing that one so that's a bonus. As much as I love the big numbers with lots of choreography, visual stuff, etc., these ballad moments with simple performances that focus on the vocal end up being so effective and powerful. Some of the fans have been wanting a show with some of those 'forgotten'/'deep cuts' so it definitely checks the boxes. 

5 hours ago, Katamari said:

oh she still in london? i see she has still has more shows in London too :deadbanana4:

why didn't she do stadiums in Europe at least. would have been less work on her part too. 

It's kinda surprising she's doing stadium in Sweden, 40k venue (she has the current attendance record with 40 557 in the crowd during the Rebel Heart tour)
I think she will beat it this time :clap3:

20 minutes ago, discosean said:

It's a real moment in the show because it's been nearly 30 years since she has done it, and even then it was just one time and never again. And she is actually sounding pretty good doing that one so that's a bonus. As much as I love the big numbers with lots of choreography, visual stuff, etc., these ballad moments with simple performances that focus on the vocal end up being so effective and powerful. Some of the fans have been wanting a show with some of those 'forgotten'/'deep cuts' so it definitely checks the boxes. 

Yeah, this sounds completely live with no backing track at all? And the vocal is really good. Actually I think this might be her best tour vocally since DWT.

• Like 1

Bad Girl is THAT song. It deserves the praise :clap3:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, LOTF said:

Poor attendees who depend on public transportation 😬

How such a city as London don't have transportation late at night. I live in a big city in Germany and we have metro until 2 am everyday :psyduck:and weekends being 24 hours 

Edited by campelo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, campelo said:

How such a city as London don't have transportation late at night. I live in a big city in Germany and we have metro until 2 am everyday :psyduck:and weekends being 24 hours 

The tube has been sold off to private firms who do what they want

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.