Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Year of Shadow

I feel like Die Another Day was a big let down and messed up the flow. She literally stood still and moved her arms. :katie:

The entirety of last night's show captured on YouTube:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

it's not the final show, she's coming back in December to do 2 more 

I meant for this week until December.

:skull:

4 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

the demand was too high :jonny3:

But apparently according to some people on here, it was not sold out and there was absolutely no demand whatsoever.

:soda:

3 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

I feel like Die Another Day was a big let down and messed up the flow

See now Die Another Day was like one of my favorite performances.

:jonny:

3 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

going to the show tonight :jonny5:

what time does she come on stage? 

It was right around 8:45 on opening night. I was stunned. :skull:

Have fun bb! The show is AMAZING. I finally had a chance to watch videos after seeing it on Saturday and…wow…up close to the stage, I wasn’t able to appreciate just what a SHOW it is with the lightning. The production is nothing short of phenomenal, and I’ve never heard bass like that in an arena. You’re in for an amazing evening. Hopefully she changes that god awful ending for you tonight… :rip:

I have severe post concert depression…so glad I still have shows to look forward to, but the wait is LONG.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

I feel like Die Another Day was a big let down and messed up the flow. She literally stood still and moved her arms. :katie:

It's one of the best performances :rip:

Holiday into Live To Tell is truly GENIUS. The entire staging and choreography for that moment is truly ART. Noone but the Queen of Pop. And I'm not even a huge fan of Holiday the song. But the juxtaposition while the dancers are dying and she keeps dancing and it comes to a kind of abrupt stop before the tribute it's so poignant and powerful. Noone does it like her.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaloSanto said:

Holiday into Live To Tell is truly GENIUS. The entire staging and choreography for that moment is truly ART. Noone but the Queen of Pop. And I'm not even a huge fan of Holiday the song. But the juxtaposition while the dancers are dying and she keeps dancing and it comes to a kind of abrupt stop before the tribute it's so poignant and powerful. Noone does it like her.

Yup...with the visuals most moments and songs make sense. Maybe as usual it isn't what most people expected from her.

I still wonder if she's going to add Oh Father, Sorry and Hold Tight once she leaves London and has no curfew...supposedly these were last minute changes for the show.

55 minutes ago, Chris said:

But apparently according to some people on here, it was not sold out and there was absolutely no demand whatsoever.

that was fake news. it took me a week to get my tickets, queen mother kept selling out. it stressed me tf out :jonny:

39 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

It's one of the best performances :rip:

When this came on last Saturday on the IG live on my way back home, I was like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:jonny5:

Live to Tell is definitely one of my favorite moments in the show, not just because it’s one of my fave Madonna songs. 

• Like 3

Just now, ChapelHooker said:

Live to Tell is definitely one of my favorite moments in the show, not just because it’s one of my fave Madonna songs. 

It is the best of the tour along with Bedtime Story but I'll know I'll just choke on my tears during Bad Girl and NRM as well, I can't believe how good this setlist is :jonny: 

Why is she only doing North America and Europe?

Australia? Asia? South America?

She is huge in all three touring wise.

She can literally do stadiums there and have one of the highest grossing tours with this tour.

1 hour ago, .Odyssey. said:

It was right around 8:45 on opening night. I was stunned. :skull:

Have fun bb! The show is AMAZING. I finally had a chance to watch videos after seeing it on Saturday and…wow…up close to the stage, I wasn’t able to appreciate just what a SHOW it is with the lightning. The production is nothing short of phenomenal, and I’ve never heard bass like that in an arena. You’re in for an amazing evening. Hopefully she changes that god awful ending for you tonight… :rip:

I have severe post concert depression…so glad I still have shows to look forward to, but the wait is LONG.

thanks!! glad to hear you had a good time, I’m so hyped and going with practically no spoilers :jonnycat:

sucks about the ending though but there’s like a 50/50 chance I won’t even get to see it :skull:

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

She can literally do stadiums there and have one of the highest grossing tours with this tour.

there was some tea she's doing SA next year a few pages back, we'll see

i think the main issue is her age at this point, these big tours are exhausting af and she already has over 70 shows on her calendar. maybe if she takes a break after the NA leg she could tour SA next October 

I wonder how it would have turned out if she did a 35 date stadium tour only.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

this show is definitely designed for arenas only. touring arenas in those areas is more tricky. she could definitely do australia and japan arenas. south america has limited arenas, especially Brazil. 

i think it’s more likely she’ll do some festivals or outdoor extra shows next year if anything. this tour run is already really long. 

I was checking her european dates and the ones not sold out are about to be sold out. All her 6 UK dates are now completely sold out. That's about 84k tickets sold. In 2025 this would make her $15M dollars. Nowadays she's for sure surpassing $20M from those London dates alone.

Her only stadium date (Stockholm) only has tickets for a single Golden Circle area :jonny6: That's around 40k tickets sold for a single date.

The second Belgium date has around 30 seated tickets. The rest are Golden Circle.

The 2nd Lisbon date only has 1 seated tickets available (it had like 10 this morning lmao) and the rest are standing tickets. This is the most expensive tickets Portugal has ever seen for any show ever btw...and she's selling out 2 arenas.

Everything else in Europe is sold out.

She could definitely do a stadium tour in europe next year. 

Her USA dates are looking great except for those first 3 Brooklyn dates. You can tell the delays hurt her north american leg tbh. I'm sure as it gets closer the hype increases...but maybe adding a new date in New York with no hype wasn't the best idea. She now has 

33 minutes ago, Chris said:

I wonder how it would have turned out if she did a 35 date stadium tour only.

Like these six New York shows could have easily been two stadium dates. After her health scare I was hoping they’d pivot to that idea and cut down the show number cuz 79+ at 65 is ridiculous :deadbanana2:

Best song about semen ever recorded! Cannot wait to see my spunky queen sing this live on tour! :heart:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

it's a very touching moment. It's very very well done.

11 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

it's a very touching moment. It's very very well done.

yeah just saw it and it's amazing and heartbreaking the way they go from that happy dance floor from Holiday to that song

2 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

yeah just saw it and it's amazing and heartbreaking the way they go from that happy dance floor from Holiday to that song

i get chills everytime i see the videos. It's amazing how something so simple can do that. 

My only complaint is the lack of Hung Up's bridge...

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.