Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

Ending the show with Rain is… a choice.

She better not MDNA us with any other dates.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• poki

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she started late because of technical issues/glitches. Her shows are more technologically complex compared to her peers, yeah?

I also noticed that her microphone is turned up more in this second show. That must have been one of the sound issues in the first show! So many haters in YouTube saying she was miming the whole show :rip:

best case scenario: she’ll do the 30 songs soon in full

likely scenario: opening night is the setlist (no little star)

worst case scenario: Rain’s the new closer, encore’s gone

:lakitu:

Edited by Bicassie

Guys don’t forget Little Star wasn’t really a “performance” she only sang like two lines from it for Lola’s bday. I don’t think she’ll sing another song in its place because it’s such a small slot

• Like 2

She should replace I Will Survive with Survival or I’ll Remember. Everything else can stay. 

Overall I think the Music, 4 Minutes, Frozen, Material Girl and Express Yourself (BTW version :gaycat1:) should have been in the set list. I’m excited to see if Oh Father, Hold Tight do make it but I wouldn’t be too bothered if they don’t. 

Edited by T.O.A.D.S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, campelo said:

They are wearing patches 

Patches? Over their hole? I don't get it LOL.

• Haha 3

SHAME ON HER for always starting her shows so LATE, she should REFUND people accordingly, this is THEFT!!!!

Edited by Nightglitch
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Capris Groove said:

Wasn't no damn patches, that is full hole on display :rip:

22 minutes ago, Capris Groove said:

Yeah, it's quite normal for performances like that. They have special patches that you can't barely see :deadbanana: at least I think they are wearing. Unless there are other angles with hole performance visibility 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, campelo said:

Yeah, it's quite normal for performances like that. They have special patches that you can't barely see :deadbanana: at least I think they are wearing. Unless there are other angles with hole performance visibility 

how do you think a PATCH is gonna stay on the HOLE with cheeks being spread and oiled up + sweaty

Edited by HonourableVomit
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

how do you think a PATCH is gonna stay on the HOLE with cheeks being spread and oiled up + sweaty

:gaycat5: Familiar with oily and sweaty holes I see

ot: she only performs 5 songs in the main stage, poor golden circle holders :gaycatx:

• Haha 1

I can't at people who haven't even bought tickets complaining about her lateness :rip:

I also think it's very unprofessional of her though. Madonnatribe posted on IG that there was a technical glitch with a camera in front of the stage so that was the reason for her lateness for last night. Apparently, she was ready by 20:15. And before Vogue performance, she asked how much time she has according to people who talked to sound guys after the concert. Still, that Bob the Drag Queen intro wasn't needed, she could've kept the skit short and skipped or shortened one of the interludes. Those would've made room for 1 or 2 more songs at least.

Having said these, i watched the stream last night and i really enjoyed it. It's a brilliant show, Madonna looks so beautiful. Also she was happier and moved better than opening night. People who attended both nights said audience was better as well. My only complaint could be that she is not singing original Into The Groove. Also that transition from LIB to DCFMA doesn't flow well. Apart from those, what a fantastic show. And seeing her kids showing their talents and having the time of their lives is so cute. :heart:

• Like 1

Omg last night was amazing!! She seemed like she was really enjoying it. 

She looks SO good in real life.

I’m gutted she missed the last 3/4 songs but it was a great show and I’m seeing it again in December. She was already 35 minutes past curfew so I’m glad she did that.

The iconic Alison Hammond was sat behind me :jonny6: I got selfies with her! She made the experience even more insane.

• Like 1

I attended BOTH nights and can honestly say it was spectacular despite it's flaws. The opening number is outstanding, as is Bedtime Story, Ray of Light and Bad Girl. Vogue is so much fun, but I was disappointed by the second and third verse omission. Vogue should never be cut in any capacity, but it was still a good performance.

What I will say is it feels much darker than I expected for a Celebratory tour.  The darker elements outweigh the lighter ones, but having said that it is a story that's supposed to showcase her life and all she's had to endure.

Live to Tell is a beautiful moment. In fact, I even cried when she started rising into the air with all the images of those who died from AIDS on the screens.

Erotica and Like a Prayer literally had the arena pulsating with base, as did The Beast Within, which imo wasn't needed.

Rain was gorgeous.

Die Another Day was fantastic, but I didn't like the outfit. Don't Tell Me was another highlight that got the crowd cheering, much like the original Hung Up.

I was surprised Music, Frozen, Material Girl and Express Yourself weren't there though, but there are more than enough great moments to make up for it.

All in all, I'm giving it a 8/10. Great show, but I definitely had more fun at MDNA.

Edited by GlamSlam
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Katamari said:

I think you guys had some high expectations that need to be dealt with 

i mean i personally thought she was gonna do all of the songs on Celebration alongside a few songs that came afterwards

the fact she continues to pay dust to faz gostosos is more criminal IMO

spacer.png

i agree and faz gostoso was actually a cute little streaming hit (for her standards) 

she needs to cut out that useless horrid acoustic version of i will survive asap 

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 1

Let me keep it cute about the cut songs ordeal when I attended the messy Chile show from the MDNA Tour (she swapped everything before Express Yourself and Love Spent/Like a Virgin for… Spanish Lesson before Masterpiece).

giphy.gif

I can’t at her really ignoring Hard Candy and then only using like two lines of IDSIF from all of Madame X  but then she goes and uses Human Nature again! 

I wonder if she will spice up some things for the American leg in 2024, but some moments could be changed, I could use Frozen or Secret in place of Rain and yeah TBW could be dropped, and the ring of fire looks kinda dangerous.

Overall it looks like a fun experience and no weak moments, it looks like it’s miles better than MXT and maybe even MDNA, which had high moments but the final act was kinda meh and then it also has the MDNA songs which don’t stand a candle vs the old hits. RHT was cute too but it had very little production and this time she has a beautiful stage and props so I guess it’s:

BAT> TCT > MDNAT > S&ST > CT > RIT> RHT > DWT > GS > MXT

They need to figure out the ending, and also she should have done the LAV/BJ mashup, the screen projection feels cheap.

Overall it looks amazing and I love the silver bodysuit, I don’t remember seeing her in one since maybe the Human Nature video? 

Has anybody received their purchases from the online store? I ordered weeks ago and still hasn’t even shipped. Canada here. :ducky:

Edited by Infatuation_Junkie

6 minutes ago, Infatuation_Junkie said:

Has anybody received their purchases from the online store? I ordered weeks ago and still hasn’t even shipped. Canada here. :ducky:

Her online store is notorious for delays with deliveries and other issues. This is why I wait to buy her merchandise at her shows.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

RHT Holiday is that song's worst appearance

You think so? It was a mid ending for that show but it wasn't the worst outing of that song. That's gotta be her first couple tours or DWT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.