Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Year of Shadow

**** curfews.  Let the grannies nearby stay up a little longer.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Were there any signs for where things were missing? I know we're thinking Oh Father and Frozen, but were there any parts of the show that felt "Oh.. yeah, okay, something is missing there..."?

The only real "sign" of anything was the few strands of confetti that fell intermittently before the show started. I was joking with my dad about how gay the ending would be with a big confetti blow out and then it just...didn't happen? So that was weird.

Apart from that, the finale was just so fast and awkward that I have to believe something is missing. And given she ended at almost 11 on the dot after a 10-15 minute interruption due to the sound issues, I'm betting something was tweaked. She wouldn't come on any earlier than when she absolutely HAD to, let's be real...she timed the finish of that show down to the second of when that curfew started :rip:

Regardless of anything changing tonight, I'm near certain the show will get touched up before the US. The concept is SO strong for the first half and if it continued that way through the end, it would easily be her best show ever. But it gets held down by its weaker moments and desperately needs some further touch ups and setlist reordering and / or replacements.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, campelo said:

She is late and the curfew today is earlier 22:30

Oh naur…

I wish she started in the states where there is no curfew so we get a full show

5 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

**** curfews.  Let the grannies nearby stay up a little longer.

Curfew is also for logistical reasons, outside after a concert is just chaos 

2 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

'stay close to your true self, always' :heart: I love you M

Yes! she also said "stay close to your past" which I find profound considering she spent a lot of her career moving forward and with the mindset of not looking back at past accomplishments.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

You're 25? I was told Madonna has no fans younger than 40 :gaycat3:

Who said that???

Ot: she does look really phenomenal, it's the best she's looked tbh. At 65 :jonny6:

But I can't help but be a bit disappointed, not with Madonnas performance but with the choreography and the show direction. Not sure it's her best but I'm just glad to see her back out there.

• Like 1

the girl with the big titties next to the streamer getting her life :jonnycat: little medonster confirmed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holyground13 said:

Yes! she also said "stay close to your past" which I find profound considering she spent a lot of her career moving forward and with the mindset of not looking back at past accomplishments.

hearing this from her now has a special meaning for me as I'm having this moment irl when I need to listen to myself more than ever and I'm trying to reclaim my old life back

• Like 1

Just now, SupremeGoddess said:

the girl with the big titties next to the streamer getting her life :jonnycat: little medonster confirmed 

:lmao:

I just realized we are actually watching the show and not just the ceiling/floor! And the vibes seem to be better this time. We won

• Thanks 2

What is not needed is a person that doing a livestream SINGING over it 

Edited by stupidjock

7 minutes ago, SupremeGoddess said:

It's a jumping concert, why the people are not jumping :clown:

I recognize the thunder sounds from age of mythology :rip:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.