Rick and Morty co-creator charged with domestic violence charges + predatory DMs leak

Alex

4 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

well, they've been contracted for 100 episodes. which would mean 40 more...

i've never cared for this show tho.

Their contract with Adult Swim/WB likely has a morality clause. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChapelHooker

• Nano

• Frozen99

• AccioMiley

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Proseductice said:

Unfortunately with the type of writing and humor he has, this isn’t surprising in the least. Still awful though. 

This, I wish I could say I was surprised :rip:

he used to make sketches using the n word and made jokes about having sex with minors that people knew about so this is not surprising.

Maltese Falcon
1 hour ago, creativity. said:

The show has really declined in quality the last couple seasons

was there any quality to begin with? :gaycat2:

I can’t even pretend to be shocked 

That show is absolutely embarrassing. Domestic abusers deserve life in prison, time to leave him and his show in the past.

The only thing amazing about rick and morty was this copypasta

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

OT: good riddance! Scum!

10 minutes ago, AccioMiley said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

I loved this copy pasta so much back then :bibliahh: it really captured that loser essence of real fans 

5 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I loved this copy pasta so much back then :bibliahh: it really captured that loser essence of real fans 

Same :ahh:the fanboys are so insufferable ffff

the fact he does like every other voice on the show so they can’t even replace him :redface: and he’s cocreator too. show is dead. i know cn is in shambles rn. didn’t they renew this for like 15 seasons or something

Edited by Park Jinyoung

His DMs were inappropriate, but I dunno if I'd call them "predatory". He made it clear in one of them that he was joking around with the recipient, and in another message he tells the recipient that he's drunk. 

Bad day for some old "queer" "friends" 

2 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Wait people still watch this fad of a show :rip:

It has not been truly good since season 2 but I still watch it because there simply isn't anything else worth watching out there, so I might as well. There is a real lack of good shows.

They are being quite light-hearted about the whole thing on the show's reddit page: https://old.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/10adxr0/re_justin_roiland_news/

Well that’s very disappointing. I actually thought this recent season was back to some of its original quality and I really liked where Ricks character was. Absolutely disgusting texts and he deserves the consequences coming his way

On 1/17/2023 at 5:00 AM, Dystopian said:

he used to make sketches using the n word and made jokes about having sex with minors that people knew about so this is not surprising.

I knew this show and its delulu incel fanbase we’re trash but this is just so ****** up and of course these guys get away with basically being predators in plain sight because people think they’re edgy and deep when they’re just **** people. 

On 1/17/2023 at 5:34 AM, AccioMiley said:

Honestly it’s the level of intelligence where they’re dumb enough to actually think they’re smart. It’s a very dangerous place. Glad to see even ATRL has standards with this garbage show. 

11 hours ago, Espresso said:

but HOW? he voices like every character on the show :rip: 

oh man i just started watching season 6 and it's such an improvement over the last horrible season...

The show is mysoginistic 
Do you think you can just write a show like that without hating women?
The funny thing is that this guy tried to blame everything on the toxic fandom when he was just like them all along 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.