Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

13 minutes ago, Crazy kid said:

Yeah, i'm more after what has changed and if it has made the track stronger or not.

Good to see you're still around sis x

:heart2: 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

So excited, really shocked Only Love isn’t the lead though. Seems like the most hit friendly of the songs we’ve heard. But I’m excited to here these two in full, the vocoder effect on eat the acid is heavenly

Edited by samuel656

6 hours ago, JoeAg said:

any piano ballads on this album? 

Hate Me Harder :bird:

smoore95GAGA
1 hour ago, aesthetic bih said:

Cool album cover and the album title is INTRIGUING!!! :duca:

And while we're mentioning HR...

Are we all STILL pretending that HR didn't have multiple BOPS in the album?? Sure it's overfilled by fillers but LORD Tonight, Raising Hell, High Road, and KINKY!! are those BOPSSSS :WAP:

Ok so 3 good songs out of 16. Thank you for clarifying why it’s her worst album :cm:

21 minutes ago, austinsuxx said:

Yess I love the melody but didn’t appreciate the production of the demo :ducky: are the songs on the album generally mid-tempo (besides Only Love and presumably The Drama)? 

19 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Ok so 3 good songs out of 16. Thank you for clarifying why it’s her worst album :cm:

Much better than the acoustic country crap on Rainbow. 

18 minutes ago, ALΞX said:

:rip: Please. Are we still begging her to do party electropop after a decade? Imagine how tired we are

Yeah the pop songs on High Road were just not it.

Highlights from the album continue to be Resentment, Shadow, Cowboy Blues and Father Daughter Dance.

smoore95GAGA
43 minutes ago, ALΞX said:

Girl the only weak song on Rainbow is Old Flames, get outta here with your ludicrous takes 

Edited by smoore95GAGA

1 hour ago, austinsuxx said:

fantastic :clap3: sounds like I'll like it even better than the leaked version in that case!!

1 hour ago, ALΞX said:

giphy.gif

Hate me Harder demo sounded really promising so I'm here for that.

Also PSA to all the f words wanting new dance/club bangers this is not going to be for you. I think Kim's new songs could use the streams however..

3 hours ago, smoore95GAGA said:

4 out of 16* :fan:

I'm just saying that even her worst album has gems in it. :intoit:

High road is a ******* mess and it hurts me to see our fanbase pretending otherwise, lets just pray we get some listenable music this time (and i think we will!)

Edited by cyclone

I can't even remember if I've asked this before but do we know if Fine Line/ETA are coming midnight EST or being released by time zone?

4 hours ago, smoore95GAGA said:

The only bad song on High Road is BFF. All the other songs are either great or enjoyable because of how much personality they exude. It has mixing issue but even then its easily her 2nd best album (only Warrior is better) and a lot more enjoyable than Rainbow :sorry:

Edited by Jooj

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

High road is a ******* mess and it hurts me to see our fanbase pretending otherwise, lets just pray we get some listenable music this time (and i think we will!)

Who's pretending? Some people genuinely like it, it's not that deep :skull:

High Road… I could do without the first two tracks and BFF, but the rest is solid. sure, it was somewhat of a step down from the excellent standards of Warrior and Rainbow, but it has some great tracks on it. every ballad on there is golden, and the title track is classic, irreverent Kesha. the way I see it, and this was corroborated by several reviewers, is it’s a very escapist record from a depressed soul who is going for the rafters, going for broke. Rainbow is uplifting and way more into pushing through trauma to a breakthrough, High Road is more trying to cling onto a remnant of happiness and spreading it out in a way. the sadness is very noticeable throughout High Road, even on the more upbeat tracks. it just feels less hopeful, less optimistic than the empowerment of Rainbow. and in being less hopeful, a lot of it feels less genuine. on High Road, she didn’t quite strike the magical balance of humor and striking beauty Rainbow so effortlessly possessed. but I like High Road for what it is. not every album has to be a Rainbow-level masterstroke. Potato Song has become a major discography highlight over time, and almost feels disturbing in its aggressive irreverence. that song sounds like she’s trying to make the best of a god-awful situation by escaping completely, possibly dissociating. I love the vibes of that song, honestly tragically relatable sometimes. Shadow is stunning, the strings in the outro feel victorious to me, the only occurrence of that emotion on the entire album. I think she has the potential to tap more into triumphant feelings in the future, since Rainbow was full of ‘em

Edited by JoeAg

15 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Who's pretending? Some people genuinely like it, it's not that deep :skull:

And those 3 gays act like they have superior music taste just because they like something 75% ppl dont. Also ppl coming for the gays who wanted electropop, isn't that what made everyone love Kesha?

2 minutes ago, DojaCat said:

And those 3 gays act like they have superior music taste just because they like something 75% ppl dont. Also ppl coming for the gays who wanted electropop, isn't that what made everyone love Kesha?

hmm, you know initially yes! but as a teen coming of age back in 2010, Kesha’s was the first unreleased discography I ever delved into, right when every track was leaking. what an exciting time! I loved Animal like a friend, Warrior too, but I felt the quirkiness under the surface and I was happily surprised by tracks like While You Were Sleeping and Lucky leaking, proving her emotional intelligence. stuff like Mr. Watson and Red Lipstick confirmed her humor displayed on Stephen and Dinosaur, proving how genuine she’s always been! her voice is so versatile, I think she can create tender electropop moments just as easily as she can create no f*cks given power pop. I see beauty in so many of her styles, she makes so many things feel genuine 

1 hour ago, Jooj said:

The only bad song on High Road is BFF. All the other songs are either great or enjoyable because of how much personality they exude. It has mixing issue but even then its easily her 2nd best album (only Warrior is better) and a lot more enjoyable than Rainbow :sorry:

I feel like theres a pattern, stans either prefer warrior/high road or animal/rainbow. I’m definitely the latter.