Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

7 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

That doesn't seem to be Kesha-specific. For example, when you click on the "new music releases" section on the Target site, there are 274 items (including Gag Order), but when you filter for the "in-store pickup" option, it drops to 31 items :skull:.

Yeah but she needs those physical sales :dancehall:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

yall were right those singles we got were the worst on the album LOL

I love when she sings and goes for acoustic / folky song, this is in contrast to OLCSUN where she tries to revisit the edgy white girl rapping and it just doesn't work anymore at all (why she talking about evel knievel wtf). I also think the project is weakened by too many filler songs like Fine Line and repetitive lyrics (egos, holy water, im a demon...). Ultimately i felt she had more interesting things to say, what do yall think

Edited by cyclone

3 minutes ago, cyclone said:

yall were right those singles we got were the worst on the album LOL

I love when she sings and goes for acoustic / folky song, this is in contrast to OLCSUN where she tries to revisit the edgy white girl rapping and it just doesn't work anymore. I also think the project is weakened by too many filler songs like Fine Line and repetitive lyrics (egos, holy water, im a demon...). Ultimately i felt she had more interesting things to say, what do yall think

I stopped reading when you called Fine Line filler :skull:

My copy arrived a little while ago. What I previewed this morning sounded great. I'm gonna listen as I drive down to the venue to see Janet today.

No bangers found. Literally her worst album to date. What the heck was she thinking 

• Thumbs Down 7

Just now, arceus said:

No bangers found. Literally her worst album to date. What the heck was she thinking 

ATRL has the worst taste. If it’s not generic 2010s “bangers” - it’s bad. It’s her best album :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, arceus said:

At this stage, I'm convinced posts like this are troll posts 'cause :bibliahh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

At this stage, I'm convinced posts like this are troll posts 'cause :bibliahh:

Actually dndnnfngnnn I laugh when I see them.

• Like 4

It’s taken me a few listens but I’m really starting to warm up to just about every track (the drama is gonna need a few more listens). Because of how cohesive the production and themes on this album are I think it makes a first listen through a bit tiring. I had a similar feeling listening to Chromatica and Renaissance the first time and then as I revisited them I was able to appreciate the tracks and album much more. Happy and Peace & quiet are my current favorites but I like every track! Despite this being an entirely new direction for Kesha it feels like an authentic record start to finish!

• Like 2

I went in expecting at least some bad tracks but honestly I didn’t find any (although I did doze off during Happy :mandown:). I loved it on the first listen. Definitely one of her best. Hopefully it has good replay value in the long run

• Like 2

I really like how raw this body of work is. You can tell that she stepped out of her comfort zone and expressed her feelings the way she wanted to. Some lines are uncomfortable to hear, some songs are hard to consume, but that's exactly what this album is about - understanding her struggles and her point of view. It's such a new and different sound for her, but at the same time with her signature all over it.

• Like 4

Living in my Head sounds incredible on my car's 3D sound system :-* The whole album does for that matter

45 minutes ago, arceus said:

That she doesn't and most likely never wanted to make "bangers" and was forced to. She has much more to say than those songs.

• Like 1

the only skip is the drama and its only because of unique production choices

The Drama kind of ended LCD Soundsystem

• Like 2

Wow the American Songwriter review sounds highly positive - hope it’s a 90/100 at least on Metacritic

this is all I wanted. perfect album.

:jonny5:

Why so much emphasis on the metacritic reviews when we can all hear the album ourselves and come to our own conclusions on how good it is? 

Just now, cyclone said:

Why so much emphasis on the metacritic reviews when we can all hear the album ourselves and come to our own conclusions on how good it is? 

Because greater acclaim = greater press coverage and greater likelihood it will collect awards. It's not selfish for us to want the world to hear this album. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

trying to decide whether I should cover Living in My Head, Only Love Can Save Us Now, or Hate Me Harder hmmmmm… for those who have heard my singing what y’all think lol 

I'm so proud of her for this very personal and lovely album. I'm still obsessed with ETA. She has such a great courage to face the market with new sperimental music. Her talent comes out very clearly. :heart2: