New leader of House Democrats endorses anti-abortion, anti-union judge

Communion

Edited by Communion

He shouldn’t even be the leader 💀 no one in NY should have any leadership roles. Because of the NY Dems we lost a very surprisingly close house election. 

Probably because he's Latino. This is why identity politics is bad. You shouldn't judge people by race or gender..., you should judge people by their beliefs.

Legit, WHY do New York Democrats want to lose abortion rights in their state? There’s no other reason why Hochul would be pushing this guy and why Hakeem Jeffries would support the effort.

Granted, I think the reason he’s being chosen is because he’s anti-labor. But you’d think that the anti-choice record would be more than enough of a turnoff to counteract that.

Just goes to show you can’t trust either party on the issue. 

Sounds like any Democrat when they’re not talking out of their asses to their stupid liberal sycophants 

He's a snake in human clothing, warren has values but he's just nancy's adopted son.

I hope this nomination goes down in flames so these radical centrists pounding the table for his nomination can FUME. 

Even moderate democrats in the NY senate are saying NO, but losers like Hochul are still trying it 

15 hours ago, Literature said:

Anti-abortion? A huge win  :clap3:

??? Care to elaborate?

6 hours ago, Bears01 said:

I hope this nomination goes down in flames so these radical centrists pounding the table for his nomination can FUME. 

Even moderate democrats in the NY senate are saying NO, but losers like Hochul are still trying it 

My KHive brother refuses to even engage with the Hochul thing, and when I brought up Jeffries, he told me to shut up and go away :ahh: 

They are animated by their hatred of the left more than anything else. If their actions end up getting abortion taken away in a solidly blue state, that’s the voters’ fault for not electing more democrats unquestioningly.

Truly an evil person.

Why did Dems even bother electing her if she’s going to govern no differently than Zeldin?

He's barely been in charge and already being embarrassing :skull:

44 minutes ago, Literature said:

I don’t like abortion idrk what else to say :coffee2:

Then you don't have to get one, and you don't have to dictate what women can or can not do with their bodies.

@Communion

By the way, Kesha has two pending appeals at New York‘s highest court as part of Dr. Luke‘s defamation lawsuit (which LaSalle is supposed to lead) and he could be the deciding vote on her appeals in a worst-case scenario if confirmed - given that New York‘s highest court is ideologically polarized and deadlocked 3 : 3 on many cases currently.

LaSalle allowed a defamation lawsuit against union leaders to proceed in their individual capacity during his time as Appellate Division judge notwithstanding contrary precedent which indicates he could be a threat to First Amendment rights who may ultimately side with Dr. Luke and thereby ruin the lives for many sexual assault victims, defamation defendants and millions of ordinary citizens in New York potentially impacted by the issues raised in Kesha‘s appeals.

Edited by TomTom2288

• ATRL Moderator

I'm sure Nancy is proud.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.