🌐 RuPaul's Drag Race Global All Stars | S1 E5 | Imagine How Tired We Are...

Hephaestus

15 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

The production time on this is gonna be short as hell if they're premiering this year

They just began filming UK5 then gotta film UK vs the World 2, then this and then edit it for a Fall premiere since I'm sure it'll have to be finished airing by the time S16 begins next January :deadbanana2: Praying its not a flop 6 episode season like the vsTW

Girl, not you talking about a season of the show that hasn’t been announced after the spoiler discussion of yesterday in the main thread :skull:

Anyway, I imagine they’ll air it at the end of the year like they did for Canada vs The World. It’d be a nice way to close the year to be honest. Hopefully they’ll go for at least 8 episodes though, 10 would be ideal.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Lightbringer007

• Gwegend

• Morissette

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

not House of Jorgeous competing against each other

Wait, are they really from the same house?

1 hour ago, MALAMENTE said:

I hope they film it in the US because the other stages are lowkey ugly and the production is way too realized and perfected that it just is it

Queen of the Universe S1 was filmed in the UK and the stage/production value were very high. I guess it depends on how much money gets pumped into each version of the program (that basically means if Paramount or someone else is funding it).

28 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

They just began filming UK5 then gotta film UK vs the World 2

WHAT

6 hours ago, Brikenbur said:

Bring back Valentina! — and all the other iconic queens from USA seasons prior to 12 :gayalipacat3:

Probably unlikely unless they want to push her name again before (and if) she does end up being the DR Mexico host. 

24 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Probably unlikely unless they want to push her name again before (and if) she does end up being the DR Mexico host. 

Please no… well, sure, but, I need to see her compete one more time! She is just so charismatic and hilarious :kiss:

I’m pretty sure GAS is not filming until summer. It’s going to take AS9 place next year. Ru and Michelle have to fly to New Zealand to film DU 3 at the end of February after UK 5 and UKvTW 2. 

10 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Still not sure what the difference between this and Vs The World is other than a title change?

Global All Stars is under Paramount plus; UKvsTW is under BBC; CvTW is under Crave. All three are separate franchises. If BBC wants another season of UKvsTW, they will order one. It has no effect on Global All Stars. 

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Global All Stars is under Paramount plus; UKvsTW is under BBC; CvTW is under Crave. All three are separate franchises. If BBC wants another season of UKvsTW, they will order one. It has no effect on Global All Stars. 

Ok but as a viewer what is the difference

If whatever this is is not as trashy as vs the World, do we think there's a chance for the likes of Detox, Alyssa, Kennedy etc competing? Or will this be another snoozefest fishing girls from the past 2 years only?

Ok but use the All Stars format not that fan service payola’d mess they used in AS7. Eliminations are needed (and preferably without production favoritism and the token Kandy Muse of the season). 

3 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

If whatever this is is not as trashy as vs the World, do we think there's a chance for the likes of Detox, Alyssa, Kennedy etc competing? Or will this be another snoozefest fishing girls from the past 2 years only?

I’ve heard a lot of heavy hitters were saved for GAS. 

potential casting rumors: 

Spoiler

Alyssa Edwards, Elektra Bionic, Tayce, Kween Kong, Pythia and Tia Kofi are some of the queens I’ve heard that received an early invitation to do GAS. 

9 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Ok but as a viewer what is the difference

Conceptually, not that big of a difference. I imagine it'll have more episodes compared to vs The World seasons, Ru and Michelle (plus probably Carson/Ross/Ts Madison) will be in the panel and a cash prize should be guaranteed considering it's under Paramount.

12 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I’ve heard a lot of heavy hitters were saved for GAS. 

potential casting rumors: 

Hide contents

Alyssa Edwards, Elektra Bionic, Tayce, Kween Kong, Pythia and Tia Kofi are some of the queens I’ve heard that received an early invitation to do GAS. 

Spoiler

Miss Bionic being sought after by these franchises! :clap3:

• 2 months later...

Is there any tea about this? Like, is it still happening or even just filming this year considering Queen of the Universe S2 got postponed?

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

Is there any tea about this? Like, is it still happening or even just filming this year considering Queen of the Universe S2 got postponed?

Spoiler

GAS probably will film after S16 this summer. But there's a rumor that it may film in April because Alyssa Edwards canceled a big gig commitment. So we will know soon. But GAS won't air until next year taking AS9's spot. That's what I think.

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:
  Hide contents

GAS probably will film after S16 this summer. But there's a rumor that it may film in April because Alyssa Edwards canceled a big gig commitment. So we will know soon. But GAS won't air until next year taking AS9's spot. That's what I think.

Very interesting, thank you! :heart2:

Girls, there's news! :celestial5:

According to Variety (and Deadline too), this franchise is called Global Drag Race All Stars (not sure if the name is final) and is described as "a global Super Bowl for Drag".

Additionally, it's been confirmed that it will air this year (along with the Brazilian, German and Mexican version of the franchise).

Exciting! :duca:

34 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Girls, there's news! :celestial5:

According to Variety (and Deadline too), this franchise is called Global Drag Race All Stars (not sure if the name is final) and is described as "a global Super Bowl for Drag".

Additionally, it's been confirmed that it will air this year (along with the Brazilian, German and Mexican version of the franchise).

Exciting! :duca:

Is it going to replace the VS the world franchise?

Bit confused here

2 hours ago, Hanzo said:

Is it going to replace the VS the world franchise?

Bit confused here

Nope, vs The World is still a thing. A second season of UK vs The World is already in the works too!

Edited by Hephaestus

q0c7r4hbvgpa1.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=9db25428aeab574d033e00643f9524072666b0bd

They already have it as a placeholder in the Paramount+ app despite not even filming yet, though I imagine that'll start soon so it can premiere in the Fall.  

Just now, Cain said:

Sooo what’s the difference between this and the Vs The World franchise?

Vs the World is commissioned by the host country. It's not "for us" it's for the nation's audience it's set in and a way for those countries (UK, Canada) to have their own mini All Stars by casting more queens from their own franchise. BBC is in charge of UK vs TW, and Crave is in charge of Can vs TW. Global All Stars is for Paramount+

Global All Stars is All Stars but opened up to international queens. It probably won't film in the US due to visa issues but it's a US-based production and will cater to the same audience US Drag Race & AS does, but will have worldwide appeal just as those versions do. 

20 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Vs the World is commissioned by the host country. It's not "for us" it's for the nation's audience it's set in and a way for those countries (UK, Canada) to have their own mini All Stars by casting more queens from their own franchise. BBC is in charge of UK vs TW, and Crave is in charge of Can vs TW. Global All Stars is for Paramount+

Global All Stars is All Stars but opened up to international queens. It probably won't film in the US due to visa issues but it's a US-based production and will cater to the same audience US Drag Race & AS does, but will have worldwide appeal just as those versions do. 

Ooh yeah that makes sense, so will Ru host this one too? That would be cool 

Jujubee better be on this! :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.