🌐 RuPaul's Drag Race Global All Stars | S1 E9 | Re-United Nations Make-Overs

Hephaestus

8 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

The dramatics.

It's the second time we've seen that wig, the third time they mention is actually another wig in a different colour, just similar shape. And the other time was in the promo, which is shot after the season is recorded. 

A 5k worthy wig won't tarnish her brand. A couple of looks she brought this season are her best ever and she hasn't BOMBED a single challenge so far, this alone makes this run probably Alyssa's most consistent ever.

Broke with expensive taste. A reverse experience.

More like Expensive with broke taste. 5k wigs making her look goofy. It's not even camp. She's out here looking

Like  Nina west's makeover partner but yall ain't ready for this conversation bc you're blinded by a name brand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Lightbringer007

• Gwegend

• KFC

7 minutes ago, terrijoe said:

Broke with expensive taste. A reverse experience.

More like Expensive with broke taste. 5k wigs making her look goofy. It's not even camp. She's out here looking

Like  Nina west's makeover partner but yall ain't ready for this conversation bc you're blinded by a name brand. 

I'm not blinded by her brand, otherwise I wouldn't be stating that this Alyssa is the most consistent she has ever been. If anything, anyone who expected more from her is blinded by her brand. She's one of my all-time favourite queen to ever compete on a tv screen, but her brand has always been to be incredibly confident, goofy and self-roasting (as she stated even in this episode) and being incredibly talented at passing for someone who's capable of doing everything while being actually incapable of doing most of the things she's judged for.

But she's Alyssa, and it's ok. It's always been like this and it will always be like this. It's literally what makes her a one of a kind queen. That's why it doesn't even make sense to me that we're still talking about Alyssa Edwards' cheap taste in 2024.

Edited by TrueBlood
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

I'm not blinded by her brand, otherwise I wouldn't be stating that this Alyssa is the most consistent she has ever been. If anything, anyone who expected more from her is blinded by her brand. She's one of my all-time favourite queen to ever compete on a tv screen, but her brand has always been to be incredibly confident, goofy and self-roasting (as she stated even in this episode) and being incredibly talented at passing for someone who's capable of doing everything while being actually incapable of doing most of the things she's judged for.

But she's Alyssa, and it's ok. It's always been like this and it will always be like this. It's literally what makes her a one of a kind queen. That's why it doesn't even make sense to me that we're still talking about Alyssa Edwards' cheap taste in 2024.

Except she is not capable of passing for someone who is capable of doing, well anything tbh.

1. She cant sew and we all know it.

2. She cant lipsync, and we all know it. (And before you @me being a dancing queen is no longer a pass to not know words, not give face, etc.)

3. She isnt funny, and we all know it.

Alyssa's whole thing is she is a branded queen from an early season. If she debuted any time after season 7, she would be an early out because she contributes nothing. Her only quality for this season she is bringing is her brand, and if she won it would be similar to a Trixie AS3 win where she won off her brand instead of anything she did in the competition. 

Not saying she is a bad queen. She is a Pagent professional. But her being a white queen with an established brand from earlier seasons def gave her a push in AS2 and GAS. Like where is any growth mama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

These overstyled wooden wigs don't do anyone any favors. I hate them with a passion. Alyssa is one of the few who can give bio womana realness but she fell into the trap of modernizing her drag to catch up with the new girls when all she needed to do was copy Ru's drag and call it a day.:spin:

2 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

These overstyled wooden wigs don't do anyone any favors. I hate them with a passion. Alyssa is one of the few who can give bio womana realness but she fell into the trap of modernizing her drag to catch up with the new girls when all she needed to do was copy Ru's drag and call it a day.:spin:

Exactly.  Bingo. You get it.  I wish she would just still do the fishy flat wigs from s5/as2 bc even those flat wigs were ten times more flattering then these abysmal sculptured wigs that btw have already been losing momentum in trend. For whatever reason Alyssa thinks they flatter her dainty peanut head. I sound so critical of her and I am bc like allot of you she's literally on my top 5 fave rupaul drag race girls. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you hommaseshuas. 

• Haha 1

it's like queen like Alyssa, Kween, Kitty and the whole production really out of tune with their audience. 

it's to formulative.

• Thanks 1

I was expecting a little more from Alyssa too this season but she's been performing pretty much on par with her S5 & AS2 runs, just a little more streamlined. I definitely think there's been a glow up with her runway package, she's done some pretty cool looks so far. I do hate the super stylized crystalized wigs in general, they're so boring to me. Alyssa has worn them a few times, and this episode was the worse offender. 

I feel like it's either Alyssa or Kween winning this season. Alyssa really isn't giving winner edit but Kween is, to me.

If it isn't Alyssa winning I'll only accept Nellie as my alternate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, karron0624 said:

Except she is not capable of passing for someone who is capable of doing, well anything tbh.

1. She cant sew and we all know it.

2. She cant lipsync, and we all know it. (And before you @me being a dancing queen is no longer a pass to not know words, not give face, etc.)

3. She isnt funny, and we all know it.

I know all of this, but you're still proving my point. I mean:

1) name me a queen with the same sewing skills as Alyssa's who can sell a dress better than she does.

2) name me a queen with the same lipsyncs skills as Alyssa's who delivered better lipsyncs than her

3) name me a queen with the same comedy skills as Alyssa's being funnier than her.

Can you?

The top 2 in my heart!

• Like 7

Rupaul out here flashing her wealth while making her puppets fetch her scraps. She's so gross. I understand Willam now. 

• Confused 1

On 9/29/2024 at 7:05 PM, TrueBlood said:

I know all of this, but you're still proving my point. I mean:

1) name me a queen with the same sewing skills as Alyssa's who can sell a dress better than she does.

2) name me a queen with the same lipsyncs skills as Alyssa's who delivered better lipsyncs than her

3) name me a queen with the same comedy skills as Alyssa's being funnier than her.

Can you?

Tayce 

@3:18: Cat Santa Claus yet again calling Nehellina a shady cow and then saying "she's not even Italian". GET A JOB STAY AWAY FROM HER! :biblionana:

• Like 1

:jonny5: RISE NEHELLENIARINAS, RISE :jonny5:

6TWk.gif

Spoiler

And to Kween Kong, b*tch you would know about looking like a man :sistrens:

The way she was GAGGED to see her payola'd pal finally in the bottom, a kii :sistrens:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Kween going off on Nelly for literally no reason and no one defending Nelly was really rubbing me the wrong way this ep.

However they got the judging right this week tho. Vanity won the lip sync but it made sense for her to go home. If anyone else had thrown their shoe off and done such crunchy death drops as kitty, they would've been eliminated on the spot but it's kitty so Rupaul will literally cackle at anything she does (or at least that's what the editors will make us believe :coffee2:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Kween going off on Nelly for literally no reason and no one defending Nelly was really rubbing me the wrong way this ep.

However they got the judging right this week tho. Vanity won the lip sync but it made sense for her to go home. If anyone else had thrown their shoe off and done such crunchy death drops as kitty, they would've been eliminated on the spot but it's kitty so Rupaul will literally cackle at anything she does (or at least that's what the editors will make us believe :coffee2:)

I actually thought that Alyssa, Vanity and Pythia (and even Kitty looked like she was shushing Kween with her hand despite the talking head telling another story) were very kind to Nehellenia in Untucked this time around but yeah, that was uncomfortable to watch.

Vanity totally won that lip sync but there was no way they'd keep her over Kitty. Kitty's lip sync was atrocious though, like it was that bad. Mama those weren't death drops, she dropped dead :skull:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh thank god Nelly finally got a win, my fave along with Tessa & Vanity. 

I've said it earlier this season but to say it again especially after that untucked, Kween is pathetic. Truly one of the most miserable queens I've seen on this franchise. Imagine having the entire season rigged for you and your English speaking friends to then claim the one fair episode was unfair :rip: Kitty lost the lipsync so hard and Ru and Karen's reactions to her awful stunts were so fake :skull:

Literally what happened, I didn't like her on her original season mainly bc of her busted drag, but her personality wasn't THIS shocking….. 

Wonder what excuse she will come up with to excuse her vile behaviour :bibliahh:

• Thanks 1

I haven't kept up with this season, but I'm not surprised Kween seemingly turned out to be a mean girl. There was always something I found off-putting about her, even when she competed originally and people loved her.

• Thanks 3

I've been defending kween all season but wtf was that

QToqmKt.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.