🌐 RuPaul's Drag Race Global All Stars | S1 E9 | Re-United Nations Make-Overs

Hephaestus

Building on the comment saying that Alyssa stirred the pot: I am more convinced now that she will NOT win the season. She seems to be a part of a trend this year, in which "OG" queens (Roxxxy, Kennedy, Alexis) are brought to international season for the purposes of advertisement and being "team players" by meshing with the production team and giving them the storylines/moments/quick bits that they want. They know how to work the camera now as seasoned queens, so they "work with" the production team to create TV-worthy moments/say "iconic" lines to drive certain narratives. The vibes were always off, it's like none of these "OG" queens are giving it their all, and Alyssa's 100 billion answer in this episode's mini-challenge made me even convinced that she's not really trying -let alone her behaviour+performance elsewhere.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Lightbringer007

• Gwegend

• loveisdead9582

1 hour ago, welham said:

Building on the comment saying that Alyssa stirred the pot: I am more convinced now that she will NOT win the season. She seems to be a part of a trend this year, in which "OG" queens (Roxxxy, Kennedy, Alexis) are brought to international season for the purposes of advertisement and being "team players" by meshing with the production team and giving them the storylines/moments/quick bits that they want. They know how to work the camera now as seasoned queens, so they "work with" the production team to create TV-worthy moments/say "iconic" lines to drive certain narratives. The vibes were always off, it's like none of these "OG" queens are giving it their all, and Alyssa's 100 billion answer in this episode's mini-challenge made me even convinced that she's not really trying -let alone her behaviour+performance elsewhere.

I would agree with you but her runway package seems to be rivalling Plastique's in terms of cost

I think the reason she looks like she's not trying is because she's leagues above the other queens in terms of production favouritism and camera readiness so she doesn't really need to exert that much effort :skull:

• Like 2

they should have given the win to Nehellenia for a kii and a storyline:suburban:

• Like 3

This whole episode felt so ICKY :doc: 

The tragic editing is back and the whole thing just feels cheap... That messy runway felt even messier, because they were rushing through those reveals and girls :rip: 

I'm not even gonna comment on the results, because at this point it's obvious and confirmed that the anglosphere girls are getting payola'd. At least Alyssa and Pythia have the goods to back it up and are likable characters, but Kitty and Kween are performing incredibly mid and come off super bad...

Those two come off incredibly arrogant, but not in a "I'm a confident and shady Drag Queen" type of way, but rather "I'm better than you, you're from a flop franchise and a third world country" type way and it's making my skin crawl. Maybe I'm overreacting, but it almost feels like they're slightly dehumanizing the other girls. Kitty especially keeps throwing these nasty digs, telling them to shut up, acting like they're just meat to be sent away so her and the other "first world girls" can go further. Maybe it's cause I'm from a smaller, "less important" country myself why it's really feeling like this to me, but yeah... I wonder if other viewers feel the same way. 

The way the Nehellenia situation was handled was incredibly sad and icky. She was completely justified in her feelings and they just all trashed her. 

Edited by NumbSoul
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Shitty is a poor man's Baga Chipz and that's saying something already. My skin breaks out in hives whenever she opens that puffer fish mouth.

Nelly, Alyssa and Gala are great, Vanity is a sour puss as per her original season, Soa and Eva are mid, Kween is overrated and bloated, Tessa is good TV.

• Haha 10

also where's Eva? :rip:

Nehellania and Gala were ROBBED!

Also Vanity had no place to be in the bottom .... chile

Losing Miranda SUCKED a*s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

get Riggy Scat Clown OFF of my tv!!!!

also i'm not happy with Gala continuing to be paid dust, this should've been her 2nd top placement

Edited by Scandalous
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, NumbSoul said:

This whole episode felt so ICKY :doc: 

The tragic editing is back and the whole thing just feels cheap... That messy runway felt even messier, because they were rushing through those reveals and girls :rip: 

I'm not even gonna comment on the results, because at this point it's obvious and confirmed that the anglosphere girls are getting payola'd. At least Alyssa and Pythia have the goods to back it up and are likable characters, but Kitty and Kween are performing incredibly mid and come off super bad...

Those two come off incredibly arrogant, but not in a "I'm a confident and shady Drag Queen" type of way, but rather "I'm better than you, you're from a flop franchise and a third world country" type way and it's making my skin crawl. Maybe I'm overreacting, but it almost feels like they're slightly dehumanizing the other girls. Kitty especially keeps throwing these nasty digs, telling them to shut up, acting like they're just meat to be sent away so her and the other "first world girls" can go further. Maybe it's cause I'm from a smaller, "less important" country myself why it's really feeling like this to me, but yeah... I wonder if other viewers feel the same way. 

The way the Nehellenia situation was handled was incredibly sad and icky. She was completely justified in her feelings and they just all trashed her. 

Same here, sis. It's especially irritating seeing the payola they get, and how mid they are ESPECIALLY when seen along actually great international queens. Ugh.

I rooted for Kween on her original season even though her drag was messy and she came off a bit arrogant, but she there was a warmth about her that I liked. All of that is gone here, she's just insufferable. Kitty's always been a mess but yeah, here she's even worse than on her season if that's even possible :rip:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

what a queen!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

Same here, sis. It's especially irritating seeing the payola they get, and how mid they are ESPECIALLY when seen along actually great international queens. Ugh.

I rooted for Kween on her original season even though her drag was messy and she came off a bit arrogant, but she there was a warmth about her that I liked. All of that is gone here, she's just insufferable. Kitty's always been a mess but yeah, here she's even worse than on her season if that's even possible :rip:

completely agree about Kween. something shifted in her since her DU season (which she didn't even do that great in) and she's suddenly really unlikeable 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I feel like this season is gaslighting me bc both Kween and Kitty getting praise for their basic af runway lewks this week and Kitty winning the maxi challenge make it make sense :biblio:

Edited by Bewitched
  • Like 2

4/5 wins going to the Angolosphere is… expected I guess. 

The way Nelly gagged them all with a sentence and sent half the girls running for cover :dies: Kitty and Kween are mean girls with lumpy drag. Sh*tty especially still looks like a straight man dressed in drag for his bachelor party. A very nasty person. 

Also, did anyone else think Vanity was actually great? I actually thought she going to be in the top :rip:

Edited by Both Sides Now
  • Thanks 8

Nelly said in her IG live that she felt so isolated from the other girls to the point that she reached out to the on set therapist :biblio:

Pythia was the first to reach out to her. 

A group of mean girls, I fear :doc:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scandalous said:

get Riggy Scat Clown OFF of my tv!!!!

also i'm not happy with Gala continuing to be paid dust, this should've been her 2nd top placement

She's a Latin queen ... u kno how Ru doesn't like dem and enjoys makin fun at their expense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this episode being played in 1.5x speed? LMAO wtf this is hilarious but at least theres no dull moment. Poor Galo only saying little one word exclamations cuz she doesnt know English as well. Thank God hes a cutie pie so we can stare. 

• Like 1

RuPaul needs to retire or update her hardware cause she's been malfunctioning. She seems to be over this show and she's not even hiding the blatant Kitty favoritism.

Quit forcing that suckage down on us you tired hag

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

Thank you for pointing this out, I forgot to touch on it earlier. The way some queens are calling other contestants "the Canadian one, the Italian queen, etc." feels SO patronizing. You can just tell that queens from Ru judged seasons feel like they're the sh*t and the others are below them, and if it comes across a 40-something minutes edited episode I can only imagine how it felt like irl while they were filming.

2 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

what a queen!

What a queen :clap3:

She also said that despite the edit making it seem that Kitty took the reins of the choreo, it was actually her who made it. She explained the moves to the other queens so they could help her with the language barrier but it was her work basically.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

The favoritism being wasted on a queen like Kitty rather than Tayce, Bimini or A'Whora is diabolical :skull:

Was Kitty a 5th alternate or something 

Havent seen the recent ep but I'm so confused how they've treated Miranda. She could have won in talent and had some of the better looks in the ball but was thrown in the bottom? Idk, gave me an icky feeling tbh. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Peanutbutter said:

RuPaul needs to retire or update her hardware cause she's been malfunctioning. She seems to be over this show and she's not even hiding the blatant Kitty favoritism.

Quit forcing that suckage down on us you tired hag

Those outfits were not winning outfits for sure. 
I liked Alyssa the most and love the Mexican Madonna looking queen

hope pythia steps it up next week and that this was a one-off blunder cause she's so talented and endearing AND she defended nehellenia 

• Like 1

Gala, Nehellnia, Vanity are washing the girls

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.