Moderna+Pfizer to charge uninsured in U.S. ~$100-130 per mRNA vax starting May 12th

Espresso

Healthcare should never be a tool to generate large amounts of wealth.  This is deeply immoral.  

Sad, so basically these pharma giants would have never even made the vaccine without govt $upport :stare: 

20 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Healthcare should never be a tool to generate large amounts of wealth.  This is deeply immoral.  

You live in the States?

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

I'm curious how net R&D expenditures are calculated. This graph implies that they have a way to isolate the R&D costs of each independent drug/vaccine, but if that's the case, what about the cost of R&D that does not result in a successful, sellable drug/vaccine? The company has to eat those expenses as well.

4 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

I'm curious how net R&D expenditures are calculated. This graph implies that they have a way to isolate the R&D costs of each independent drug/vaccine, but if that's the case, what about the cost of R&D that does not result in a successful, sellable drug/vaccine? The company has to eat those expenses as well.

I'm getting around to posting news in other threads but lemme try to get back to you with some other links/charts. Hopefully someone else will beat me to that. 

Dems are just gonna let these billion dollar companies do this?? :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

As if republicans don’t do the same? What are you on about?

I'm conflicted. It feels greedy and wrong, but companies and their employees also have the right to make a large profit on the products they create that have high demand. 

6 minutes ago, Leppie said:

The Covid vaccines in the US are free for people right?

They are, insurance or not, but not for much longer. The Covid emergency declaration extension extends to those not insured through April 2023 at which point it's very likely getting dropped and this price hike will be fully implemented at a cost of $100-$130 per vaccine for those without insurance. 

7 minutes ago, Espresso said:

They are, insurance or not, but not for much longer. The Covid emergency declaration extension extends to those not insured through April 2023 at which point it's very likely getting dropped and this price hike will be fully implemented at a cost of $100-$130 per vaccine for those without insurance. 

GOODBYE i hate this country so much

8 minutes ago, Espresso said:

What the actual **** :rip:   

I don't get why people are so judgy against those who don't trust big pharma :rip: I got the vaccine thrice but as time goes on I'm beginning to understand the scepticism. 

23 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

GOODBYE i hate this country so much

20 minutes ago, Leppie said:

What the actual **** :rip:   

It should be making more news than well...anything else right now. It only costs $2.85 to make, and their CEO's a billionaire several times over. Nevermind all the prior taxpayer support as well. The articles on the April date and the costs, and Bernie's comments (who heads the Health Committee) are below.

It's also not feasible when another wave arrives and variant, as the amount of uninsured that will get sick will literally make it worse for everyone, defeating any progress that's made on updated vaccines. :coffee2: It's only when the greedy are affected en masse that any change seems to happen recently, so that's the only thing to maybe hope for here.

Seeing as M4A isn't happening in our lifetimes the only band-aid approach for those without insurance is to beg the House to help support another Covid package so the government continues to cover the costs.

20 minutes ago, Literature said:

I don't get why people are so judgy against those who don't trust big pharma :rip: I got the vaccine thrice but as time goes on I'm beginning to understand the scepticism. 

Please don't conflate anti-vaxxers with those that want insurance reform, thanks.

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Yes because Dems have control of the house…oh wait

and we have enough Democratic senators to get past filibuster…oh wait 

48 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Yes because Dems have control of the house…oh wait

and we have enough Democratic senators to get past filibuster…oh wait 

2 hours ago, Limitless said:

As if republicans don’t do the same? What are you on about?

How do some of you survive walking around outside with suck political ineptitude? :deadbanana4:

Democrats knew that the provisions regarding pricing on COVID vaccines they originally passed would expire in April 2023. They knew that the drug companies who help produce the vaccine would try and make huge profits off of the vaccine - aka why said provisions were in place to begin with. They knew that they would only have until the 2020-2022 House session ended to do something about stopping this. They did nothing. 

How can you shill and stan for people who consistently let poor, working class Americans down? :deadbanana4:

47 minutes ago, Communion said:

How do some of you survive walking around outside with suck political ineptitude? :deadbanana4:

Democrats knew that the provisions regarding pricing on COVID vaccines they originally passed would expire in April 2023. They knew that the drug companies who help produce the vaccine would try and make huge profits off of the vaccine - aka why said provisions were in place to begin with. They knew that they would only have until the 2020-2022 House session ended to do something about stopping this. They did nothing. 

How can you shill and stan for people who consistently let poor, working class Americans down? :deadbanana4:

First off, watch your mouth, second of all you’re putting 10 on top of 20. My point was, both parties have their faults, but you specifically calling out Democrats when that wasn’t what this thread was about and then calling us names and trying to gaslight us is reductive and unnecessary. I would encourage to take a look within. 

8 minutes ago, Limitless said:

but you specifically calling out Democrats

Again, this is ineptitude. Of course progressives are going to call out Democrats when Democrats are supposed to protect us from Republicans - people we already expect and understand will do nothing. Why would I call out Republicans when they are already implicated in the criticisms of Dems failure?? :deadbanana4:

59 minutes ago, Communion said:

Im left of left so I don’t shill and stan for Democrats but do you honestly think that we could have gotten someone like oh I don’t know Sinema on page if you had a bill that said oh you know let’s put a provision in there that says no raising prices ever? Democrats are at the end of the day the lessor of two evils so I don’t know why your post singles out Dems specifically when if it were up to Republicans they prob would have had the provisions expire in Dec of 2021 or some **** 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.