Update: Delta CEO blames FAA outage from damaged file on poor congressional funding

Vermillion

5 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

Scary. I don’t recall this ever happening post-9/11. 

It's bringing me back to my Dad not being able to leave Los Angeles from his business trip for over a week :ace: 

19 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Pete Buttigieg needs to resign.

This. In all seriousness, what positive impact has he had on the Transformation sector apart from finger pointing? He's completely out of his element in this role.

The chaos :skull:

Edited by Alongoria13

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

He really isn't looking good! :deadbanana2:

17 hours ago, 45seconds said:

I mean. What did he do? 

He does nothing, which is exactly the point. He refuses to regulate the airlines because he wants their donor money for his future presidential campaign. And now this fiasco.

Pete is historically incompetent and the most unqualified person to ever be Secretary of Transportation. He needs to go.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:22 AM, americanlife said:

:cm:

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

He does nothing, which is exactly the point. He refuses to regulate the airlines because he wants their donor money for his future presidential campaign. And now this fiasco.

Pete is historically incompetent and the most unqualified person to ever be Secretary of Transportation. He needs to go.

I’m still failing to see how exactly he’s at fault with this. It seems like a technical error, not legislation or a change in a system that he demanded happen. Which would then be his fault. 

I mean you can be mad at him

over other things that he does have power to do like regulating airlines - which will never happen btw, with any government  - because those are things he can try to change since he’s a politician. But to be mad at him over this is baffling to me because unless this is a direct result of something he asked for, then it’s not even a little bit his fault. 

A stronger argument can certainly be made for Pete’s resignation over the Southwest debacle than this, but the larger argument is he wasn’t qualified for the position to begin with.

7 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

I’m still failing to see how exactly he’s at fault with this. It seems like a technical error, not legislation or a change in a system that he demanded happen. Which would then be his fault.

Are *you* aware of what the DoT does? He's the head of a regulatory authority. He neither crafts legislation to begin with and largely is meant to *respond* to bad behavior. Why is the head of the Department of Transportation largely not wielding his agency's regulatory power to get corporate greed that leads to collapses in the system in-line?

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Are *you* aware of what the DoT does? He's the head of a regulatory authority. He neither crafts legislation to begin with and largely is meant to *respond* to bad behavior. Why is the head of the Department of Transportation largely not wielding his agency's regulatory power to get corporate greed that leads to collapses in the system in-line?

What does that have to do with a damaged/corrupted file? 

Just now, 45seconds said:

What does that have to do with a damaged/corrupted file? 

Sis, it's just easier to say you have a parasocial relationship with a gay politician and thus are running in circles to defend him and the inaction of the agency he became the nepo-hire face of to prep for 2024.:deadbanana4:

No matter what the issue is, any action related to industries like airline, trains, etc. and *these actions and their impact on the consumer* are literally the entire scope of responsibility of the Department of Transportation, who is meant to be a watchdog and regulate as necessary.

So whether that is a private corporation like Southwest cutting pilots to ensure CEO bonuses and this resulting in huge flight cancellations, or an out-dated system used by one of his child agencies resulting in entire protocols crashing (requiring countless flights to be landed because there's no way to get necessary safety alerts to pilots), these are things that directly fall on the Department of Transportation - which Buttigieg leads.

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Sis, it's just easier to say you have a parasocial relationship with a gay politician and thus are running in circles to defend him and the inaction of the agency he became the nepo-hire face of to prep for 2024.:deadbanana4:

No matter what the issue is, any action related to industries like airline, trains, etc. and *these actions and their impact on the consumer* are literally the entire scope of responsibility of the Department of Transportation, who is meant to be a watchdog and regulate as necessary.

So whether that is a private corporation like Southwest cutting pilots to ensure CEO bonuses and this resulting in huge flight cancellations, or an out-dated system used by one of his child agencies resulting in entire protocols crashing (requiring countless flights to be landed because there's no way to get necessary safety alerts to pilots), these are things that directly fall on the Department of Transportation - which Buttigieg leads.

Girl I am in no way in any kind of parasocial relationship with Pete. I literally no nothing about him. I can’t even be bothered to learn how to pronounce his last name.

I asked a very clear, blunt and unbiased question and I quite frankly stopped reading your response right after that weird, unwarranted attack. So whatever you typed in your response, be it informative or not (which it could be without the weird first paragraph) was for naught. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.