• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istan4badgalriri

• Bang Up

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Blackout2006

Why would this be embarrassing for her? She’s showing face in public before being on the biggest stage on the planet next month. :rip: Anyways she’s still a top contender for the Oscar

This is no surprise. 

Those songs are not award winning material. 

And as hard it is to say out of the three Taylor was the front rubber to win my shot. 

Edited by Shaner69

She'll win the Oscar anyway. (Rihanna). :michael:

22 hours ago, Rafael said:

People trying to make fun of Rihanna for attending and losing..................... :psyduck:

Right? :deadbanana: I know Atrl is full of ridiculous trolling but this is just confusing to me. They really want to see her fail so bad and it's pathetic. :skull:

What a loss for cinema. While "Best Original Song" isn't awarded to recognize excellence in film making, it's still bleak to see viral YouTube-tier muzak win an award that is suppose to highlight artistic breakthrough.

12 hours ago, uusagii said:

What a loss for cinema. While "Best Original Song" isn't awarded to recognize excellence in film making, it's still bleak to see viral YouTube-tier muzak win an award that is suppose to highlight artistic breakthrough.

Agreed. I tried to watch the music video for Naatu Naatu but it was… a choice. A well sung, cringey AF choice. 

None of them deserved it tbh, of the nominees, probably Rih's song is the best, but Doja and Onerepublic were robbed for some stupid rule.

On 1/12/2023 at 9:00 AM, Rafael said:

People trying to make fun of Rihanna for attending and losing..................... :psyduck:

I know right...

Bahahah this thread is sending me :bibliahh: All these months of war between the three fandoms just for Naatu Naatu to take the award like a trojan horse :deadbanana2: I'm Indian but genuinely surprised the song won. I thought the nomination was going to be the limit :soda:

On 1/11/2023 at 5:48 AM, Literature said:

What in the world is that winner :bibliahh:

On 1/11/2023 at 5:50 AM, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Nobody knows. 

On 1/11/2023 at 5:58 AM, Literature said:

Decided to listen to it and its some awful bollywood song :redface:

On 1/11/2023 at 6:05 AM, Michael196 said:

also... what's with the sudden inclusivity? bollywood has been producing musicals for ages and many songs received way more success than this one, why are they suddenly interested in this song?

What do you mean nobody knows? It is part of one of the highest grossing movies worldwide and even achieved recognition internationally.

Plus, it is not even Bollywood :redface:

They thought they could just be film gurlies like that?

75319514_adelefo.thumb.gif.40bbd41062805

On 1/11/2023 at 2:56 PM, Sept said:

The irony of Swifties talking about Riri showing up empti handed for her 1st GG nomination

spacer.png

This thread is literally a circus with the Swifties hosting it:bibliahh:

Edited by Blackout2006

On 1/13/2023 at 5:26 AM, uusagii said:

On 1/13/2023 at 6:03 PM, loveisdead9582 said:

Agreed. I tried to watch the music video for Naatu Naatu but it was… a choice. 

Yeaa tbh...I remember watching the scene in the theatres and I had to take my spectacles off just to not see what I was seeing at the time 'Naatu Naatu' was playing :rip:  Regardless, I do think it was the most viable option amongst the nominees (even though I really liked LMU) and it has opened a new gateway for pan-Indian cinema.

Edited by Blackout2006

I wish instead of "Rihanna, Gaga and Taylor all lose Best Original Song Golden Globe" the title was "Naatu Naatu wins.." or "First Indian Song wins Best Original Song Golden Globe".  We don't always have to take the negative spin.  This is a historical achievement for Indian music and cinema, and I wish that was highlighted instead.  

Congrats to the RRR team and everything that they have achieved in the last year.  :clap3: Hopefully we get to see more of Indian music and cinema at the Golden Globes and Oscars in the future.  

On 1/11/2023 at 8:00 PM, Rafael said:

I mean... someone of her stature attending an award show known for throwing awards at people of her stature, only to lose, is embarrassing. It would've been one thing had she been in a movie, but she showed up solely for that award only to then have to walk back out for no reason.

But at the end of the day, it's not like anyone cares. It was embarrassing in the moment and now it's over.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:00 PM, Mr. Loco said:

None of them deserved it tbh, of the nominees, probably Rih's song is the best, but Doja and Onerepublic were robbed for some stupid rule.

It's not a "stupid rule". :rip: The category is best ORIGINAL song. To be original, you must not use previous works. :rip:

6 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

I mean... someone of her stature attending an award show known for throwing awards at people of her stature, only to lose, is embarrassing. It would've been one thing had she been in a movie, but she showed up solely for that award only to then have to walk back out for no reason.

But at the end of the day, it's not like anyone cares. It was embarrassing in the moment and now it's over.

:rip: She didn’t walk back out right after losing that category though, she stayed til the end. Not one person in that room felt embarrassed for Rihanna and neither did she, it’s not like she showed up uninvited / without being nominated. She handled the loss with class, and all eyes were on her during the rest of the night.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.