Your Favorite Rock Albums?

Kanes

I'm gonna admit right off the bat that I'm quite uncultured when it comes to Rock music but after getting into some very good rock songs I'm very much in the mood to explore it further. So I'm asking ATRL what are some of the best Rock albums y'all love?

For example, I've got Disintegration by The Cure downloaded and ready to play.

:duca:

Edited by Avariko

My favorite genre :wanda:

3DD.jpg?w=980&q=75

51ivdcu2MoL._SY1000_.jpg

819A7UWp3nL._AC_SX425_.jpg

8592c1358b724701f117347796520ca3.500x500

prodimage_23006.jpg

Under_My_Skin_(Avril_Lavigne_album)_cove

There are more but.. 

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

Ghost - Prequelle 

Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction

All very different styles of rock.

The Queen Is Dead has a very indie/alternative post-punk sort of sound. Probably the lightest of the three.

Prequelle has a lot of 80's-inspired arena rock songs. Catchy, poppy melodies with epic guitar solos.

Appetite For Destruction came out towards the end of the hair/glam metal era, so it has influences from that, but it isn't quite as fluffy. It has more of a rougher, hard rock sound.

Radiohead - The Bends

Depends on the type of rock you're looking for, but here's some of my favorites that aren't mentioned above.

1. DOVES - The Last Broadcast : This is more soft indie rock than just straight up rock, but it's one of my ultimate faves.

700x700bf-60.jpg

2. Tape The Radio - Heartache and Fear : Love this album, not available on streaming  except apple (link) (good thing I have the physical & ripped it to my pc). My standouts/faves are: Desert Track, Save a Life, Shaking Hearts, 1989 & Suffer Me Suffer You. Really sucks it's not available anywhere on streaming :gaycat6:

700x700bb.jpg

3. From Our Hands - Individuals : Ink, Losing Track, My Inner Me, My Policy & We Are the Mess! are my faves. I also love their single Invincible but it was only a single, no album, but I included it anyways :gaycat5:

700x700bb.jpg

4. A Day Away - Touch Me Tease Me Take Me for Granted: Great album. Touch Me Tease Me, Before It Ends, She Needs To Know, Major Tom & That Girl (I'd love to share but it's a bonus track for the japanese release, not on streaming) are some of my faves.

700x700sr.jpg

5. Morning Parade - Morning Parade : On the alternative rock side. Speechless, Carousel, Close to Your Heart & Us & Ourselves are awesome.

700x700sr.png

And a bonus for miss Fefe :gaycat2:

700x700sr.png

Edited by Subzero

What sorta rock? im more into metalcore / post-hardcore but ill list whatever ATRL calls rock

Self Title - Asking Alexandria

I'd say the black - Asking Alexandria but thats more metal than rock.  but I'm not gonna name a danny album and not a denis one

Pressure - Drag Me Out  (its softer stuff it was more rock then metalcore)

Every Amity Affliction Album

Every Hands Like Houses album

Every Bring Me The Horizon Album

Every Linkin Park Album

Mainstream Sellout & Tickets To My Downfall - MGK

Hot Fuss - The Killers

Teenage Heartbreak - Huddy

Tell Me About Tomorrow - jxdn

Suckerpunch - Maggie Lindemann

Let Go & Under My Skin - Avril Lavigne

Every Grinspoon, After The Fall, Faker, Powederfinger, Eskimo Joe Album (my aussie boys)

Every While She Sleeps, Architects albums

By The Way, Californcation, The Getaway - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Bleed Like Me & Version 2.0 - Garbage

11 minutes ago, BowWow said:

Get to Heaven - everything everythingspacer.png

SLAY :clap3: To the Blade one of the best opening tracks ever, Warm Healer one of the best closing tracks ever

If you like this song, you could try the whole album!

Edited by skyandground

I'll give a few of my absolute favs!

spacer.png

Forever Changes by Love, stunning psychedelic rock/baroque pop sort of album. super existential and timeless, every song is a grower! the themes are super relevant to this day, and the sonic palette has inspired so much of the genres of indie rock and indie pop to this day...

9c95d9ada059d5f35c92bc8053bd44f4.1000x10

Hunky Dory is Bowie's pop rock bible. his discography has a ton of gems, but if you're looking to get right into immediate pop rock then this is the first one to look to imo!

cb9b316846e4aefa64477dba315920d8.1000x10

The Moon & Antarctica is my fav Modest Mouse album and an alternative rock bible for sure :jonny4: each song is immaculately written and produced, and overall it's an angsty and catchy rock trip

d19d415d67674e1117af45ab37937e2e.999x999

The Pretenders' self-titled debut is another bible of alt rock. Led by singer/guitarist/songwriter Chrissie Hynde, this album is at turns punky and jangly, poppy and empowering. just overall a very timeless work of rock music whose influence can be reflected in modern pop rock bands such as Paramore and The 1975. Lovers of Today off this album will BLOW your mind if you're looking for one of the most heavenly guitar solos ever :loud:

spacer.png

Electric Warrior by T. Rex sounds like an instant greatest hits collection of a glam rock band! songs such as Mambo Sun, Monolith, and Get It On are true examples of pop perfection like you've never considered before, with groovy rock instrumentals counterbalancing the sweetness of the melodies. a true classic :clap3: also iconically referenced in one Kesha's beautiful 2012 deep cut Wherever You Are

spacer.png

#1 Record by Big Star sounds exactly how the album cover looks: vintage, rough around the edges, cinematic, all-American. fun, sometimes angsty. catchy and timeless and beautiful and adventurous!

spacer.png

War by U2 is one of the most politically-minded post-punk albums I can think of, with enough of a pop edge to propel the revolution as something one can want to listen to on repeat and occasionally dance to

4a6a87701148b9392cff6259eb38e14b.1000x10

London Calling by The Clash is also very politically-minded, but also feels like the sweetest punk album that ever was! Spanish Bombs in particular is absolutely gorgeous sonically but contains harrowing lyricism once you process them. it's such a hopeful album as much as it is a depressing one. it's truly something to behold, and though it seems very long, you'll be surprised by how accessible it truly is...

a8d09d43820505b07f4f5796d7d00c4a.1000x10

the last one I'll post for now is the only full length released during the lifetime of my biggest vocal inspiration Jeff Buckley. it is a stunning collection of folk rock, blues rock, and R&B vibes, with haunting vocals and guitar lines which won't easily leave your head!

lmk what you think of these :rockon:

The Cure - Bloodflowers 

The Cure - Seventeen Seconds

Hole - Celebrity Skin

Garbage - Beautiful Garbage

Radiohead - OK Computer

Muse - Absolution

Linkin Park - Meteora

Lenny Kravitz - 5

@Avariko I LUV Disentrigation because "Pictures of You" is the best lyrically written and saddest song of all time. It's about losing his mother as a child to her suicide :weeps: the lyrics are so painful

Grace - Jeff Buckley

Exile In Guyville - Liz Phair

Low - David Bowie

Sign O The Times - Prince

Axis: Bold As Love - Stevie Wonder

Rid Of Me - PJ Harvey

Loveless - My Bloody Valentine

Marquee Moon - Television

Is This It - The Strokes

Kid A - Radiohead

All Mirrors - Angel Olsen (more baroque pop with art pop / soft rock influences)

8 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

The Cure - Bloodflowers 

The Cure - Seventeen Seconds

Hole - Celebrity Skin

Garbage - Beautiful Garbage

Radiohead - OK Computer

Muse - Absolution

Linkin Park - Meteora

Lenny Kravitz - 5

@Avariko I LUV Disentrigation because "Pictures of You" is the best lyrically written and saddest song of all time. It's about losing his mother as a child to her suicide :weeps: the lyrics are so painful

I was hoping you'd come across this thread :gayorkcat1:, me saving Disintegration for later listening is lowkey because of your impact :fan:

I had no idea about those lyrics by the way, that's so sad and tragic. :'(

3 hours ago, JoeAg said:

Hunky Dory is Bowie's pop rock bible. his discography has a ton of gems, but if you're looking to get right into immediate pop rock then this is the first one to look to imo!

This spill! Plus ur Jeff Buckley mention your taste :party:

4 hours ago, JoeAg said:

SLAY :clap3: To the Blade one of the best opening tracks ever, Warm Healer one of the best closing tracks ever

Taste! :giraffe: I love get to heaven it’s so good

Avril Lavigne - Let Go , Under My Skin

Evanescence - The Open Door, Fallen, Self titled

Melanie C - Beautiful Intentions

Michelle Branch - Spirit Room

Kelly Clarkson - My December

Cranberries - No Need To Argue

Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept

1 hour ago, Avariko said:

I was hoping you'd come across this thread :gayorkcat1:, me saving Disintegration for later listening is lowkey because of your impact :fan:

I had no idea about those lyrics by the way, that's so sad and tragic. :'(

Good thing I found it because sometimes I don't catch threads on ATRL

Ughhhh literally any The Cure song has lyrics that hit deep :weeps: and then have that amazing rock sound vibe next to it. I literally named my username after their album Bloodflowers which contains one of my favorite songs of all time, The Last Day of Summer :weeps:

3 hours ago, Wizard said:

kind of basic but i love a lot of fleetwood mac albums :clap3:

Fleetwood is kinda better than everything else posted here 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.