Jump to content
Don't create threads for AI songs

Shakira & Bizarrap - "Session 53"


crazyncool
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • tomaseba

    171

  • EtherealCat

    69

  • Shakson

    60

  • Green

    57

3 hours ago, B-Luke said:

Only the Top 50 of the Australian charts is published for free. Anything beyond #50 is subscribers-only content, kinda like a magazine.

so because of that the song needs promotion in both Australia & New Zealand through their radio stations and tv.

mi gente was top 40 in those countries even before the beyonce remix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

Session 53 was released on Thursday, so I don't know why you are asking this

First of all, it was released Wednesday January 11th

 

2nd of all clearly I am asking cause I’ve never seen any major releases on a Thursday. They are always Wednesday or Friday.

Edited by GeeDuval
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Thursday release ? Is that such a thing? 

Te Felicito and Monotonía were release on Thursday :cm:  At the begining of week track, Thursday in Latam/Friday in Europe :cm:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tomaseba said:

Te Felicito and Monotonía were release on Thursday :cm:  At the begining of week track, Thursday in Latam/Friday in Europe :cm:

 

 

 

See what a difference in clarifying things…. Thank you. :gaycat5:
 

well I guess let’s go Carolina! She got her wish. I want CRTFY type

of steamy video lol :coffee2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GeeDuval said:

 

2nd of all clearly I am asking cause I’ve never seen any major releases on a Thursday. They are always Wednesday or Friday.

Miley- Flowers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Chemist said:

Apple Music:

#2 Cyprus

#2 Slovakia

#3 Greece

#4 Czech Republic

#4 Poland

#5 Romania

#6 Croatia

#6 Slovenia

#7 Serbia

#8 North Macedonia

#10 Bulgaria

#10 Hungary

 

Smashing hard in Eastern Europe :clap3:

Wow! This is awesome :clap3::heart:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Hopefully with Pique no longer gatekeeping her we can get those Sean Paul and Enrique Iglesias finally! Do charity and throw JBalvin a bone 😅 link up with Daddy Yankee, give us a Spanish bop with Christina Aguilera and finally release a long overdue with Nicki or a Spanish reggaeton song with Cardi please! Considering she said that the album will be upbeat, dance and electronic don't know what the odds are of her working with RedOne, David Guetta, Dr Luke, Afrojack, Max Martin, Tiesto and Fernando Garibay

Is this sarcasm or did you teleport from the 2000s? :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Joster said:

Is this sarcasm or did you teleport from the 2000s? :rip:

What exactly is bad with collaborating with established artists with legacies and that are still relevant and collecting hits?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

What exactly is bad with collaborating with established artists with legacies and that are still relevant and collecting hits?

Those you mention aren’t relevant. She needs someone that will give her another top 10 BB 100. She has the power to get a big collab if she wants to. Plus the contacts. Why continue doing charity? We ain’t here for that anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

What exactly is bad with collaborating with established artists with legacies and that are still relevant and collecting hits?

Half of them haven't been relevant since 2012. :rip: (And one of them is an accused rapist.)

 

She needs actual relevant artists. Bad Bunny, Drake, Rosalía, Miley could be interesting collaborators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Joster said:

Those you mention aren’t relevant. She needs someone that will give her another top 10 BB 100. She has the power to get a big collab if she wants to. Plus the contacts. Why continue doing charity? We ain’t here for that anymore.

Enrique Iglesias is still very much a popular and successful hit maker. Same with Daddy Yankee, Nicki recently just got a number 1, Cardi is also current. Max Martin is still that IT producer for pop girls, David Guetta literally just dropped one of the biggest songs last year, and Tiesto has had a major resurgence to in the last years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Enrique Iglesias is still very much a popular and successful hit maker. Same with Daddy Yankee, Nicki recently just got a number 1, Cardi is also current. Max Martin is still that IT producer for pop girls, David Guetta literally just dropped one of the biggest songs last year, and Tiesto has had a major resurgence to in the last years. 

What? Enrique iglesias? Daddy sure but no.

Rest are lucky.

she can get the biggest name in the industry. Knock some door and any big artist would join her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Joster said:

What? Enrique iglesias? Daddy sure but no.

Rest are lucky.

she can get the biggest name in the industry. Knock some door and any big artist would join her.

Especially now. This is the biggest hype she's had since, idk, 2014? 2010, possibly. Any Latin artist will jump to collab with her (as they would before), and plently of Anglophone artists will want to use her hype to get an easy smash in Latin America. We don't need Xtina, Sean Paul or Afrojack (ddd) collabs, we need the BIG names that will get her played on US radio.

 

This album could really become a smash for her, but she needs to tailor it perfectly and go all out. No charity collabs.

Edited by ATWK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Joster said:

What? Enrique iglesias? Daddy sure but no.

Rest are lucky.

she can get the biggest name in the industry. Knock some door and any big artist would join her.

Literally and actually Max, Enrique, Nicki, David have found success multiple times since 2012 though so like ...

 

But if we're talking newer people then Anitta, The Weeknd, Dua Lipa, Selena Gomez and Lady Gaga are worthy contenders

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Especially now. This is the biggest hype she's had since, idk, 2014? 2010, possibly. Any Latin artist will jump to collab with her (as they would before), and plently of Anglophone artists will want to use her hype to get an easy smash in Latin America. We don't need Xtina, Sean Paul or Afrojack (ddd) collabs, we need the BIG names that will get her played on US radio.

 

This album could really become a smash for her, but she needs to tailor it perfectly and go all out. No charity collabs.

She still had plenty of hype during her El Dorado era we mustn't forget la reina was just churning out mega hit after mega hit with La Bicecleta, Deja Vu, Chantaje, Perro Fiel and Me Enamore. She's essentially the Beyonce of Latin America. Lazy, sure but still, was and clearly is and always will be THAT GIRL

 

It's funny because to discredit her peers in such a way when there'd probably be no issue in working together with them and dropping fire because two established acts linking shouldn't be an issue but yet her catering to and with younger artists is alright. Arts not charts I guess. I just love this woman to bits and pieces. No matter what people are just always there for you. It really warms my heart. 

Edited by SchmoodRing
addition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SchmoodRing said:

She still had plenty of hype during her El Dorado era we mustn't forget la reina was just churning out mega hit after mega hit with La Bicecleta, Deja Vu, Chantaje, Perro Fiel and Me Enamore. She's essentially the Beyonce of Latin America. Lazy, sure but still, was and clearly is and always will be THAT GIRL

In Latin America, sure, but I'm talking worldwide. Chantaje and Girl Like Me took a while to build steam in Europe and America, while 53 (and, to a lesser extent, Monotonía) did numbers instantly. She hasn't had this much hype for an actual body of work in a long time, which is why the collabs need to be carefully selected. The moment the GP sees MAGIC! or Afrojack on the tracklist, they'll stop caring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why isn’t she announcing the album? She’s been teasing it since 2019 :rip:.  We really need a full body of work. Enough of playlists and quick lil singles.

Edited by commander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ATWK said:

In Latin America, sure, but I'm talking worldwide. Chantaje and Girl Like Me took a while to build steam in Europe and America, while 53 (and, to a lesser extent, Monotonía) did numbers instantly. She hasn't had this much hype for an actual body of work in a long time, which is why the collabs need to be carefully selected. The moment the GP sees MAGIC! or Afrojack on the tracklist, they'll stop caring.

Really? I feel like as long as the music is good it honestly won't matter to the public. It's not like people checked out 53 for Bizzarap you know lol also the irony because people were counting Monotonía out because it was bachata and Ozuna yet I know alot of people that really LOVE the song. Well Chantaje was a full Spanish song and after a hiatus and Girl Like Me went viral and was coming off as a successful crossover era for BEP. Like someone else mentioned before she either needs to do multiple songs for different regions, do an english song or a spanglish banger to crossover so that everyone can join worldwide but she's stubborn so we'll see lol

6 minutes ago, commander said:

Why isn’t she announcing the album? She’s been teasing it since 2019 :rip:.  We really need a full body of work. Enough of playlists and quick lil singles.

The only "playlist" we got was her last album. Ya live for these quick lil singles only if their hits though 👀 

Edited by SchmoodRing
addition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

It's not like people checked out 53 for Bizzarap

That's my point. People feel invested in Shakira-Piqué drama and therefore will check out whatever she drops. We saw how Te Felicito jumped on streaming when the news came out.

 

Sure, she could drop El Dora2 and get some quick little hits, but why not aim higher and actually release a great album? We know how great she can be when she actually tries. Te Felicito, Monotonia and 53 are already a huge improvement compared to what she was dropping before, and I'm sure she could do even better with the right producers/features.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Enrique Iglesias is still very much a popular and successful hit maker. Same with Daddy Yankee, Nicki recently just got a number 1, Cardi is also current. Max Martin is still that IT producer for pop girls, David Guetta literally just dropped one of the biggest songs last year, and Tiesto has had a major resurgence to in the last years. 

Tiesto posted a comment praising Session 53 when it first dropped. I would be up for him collaborating with Shakira. :clap3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...