Shakira & Bizarrap - "Session 53"

crazyncool

The smart thing to do is just add english parts to the overall spanish songs. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomaseba

• EtherealCat

• Shakson

• Virgos Groove

3 million here in Mexico, :toofunny3:, she was everywhere on tv, radio like EVERYWHERE.

Omg!! This is becoming huge!! It’s on the news in Portugal everywhere and brands are all using this song for promo 🤯

3 minutes ago, Jaimon said:

F*ck English.. it’s not 2013 anymore..

3 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

The pattern since 2009 is she always flops/underperforms with English music but bounces back once she goes back to Latin music :dies:

Honestly only Laundry Service era was a massive success overall for her English career

OF2 wasn't doing so good until she rereleased it with HDL

SW wasn't such a big success either (was mismanaged af tho, justice for Men In This Town)

And self-titled had cute moments such as CRTFY and the World Cup

20 minutes ago, Universo said:

Sin Pijama is over omg

Keep it cute. sin pijama has over 2B views on YT and over 600M streams on Spotify. It did what it had to do with two female artists who hasn’t had a peak as high as Shakira and Karol. 

OT: congrats to Shakira in this record breaking achievement :WAP:

13 minutes ago, RiRi_Xtina15 said:

Keep it cute. sin pijama has over 2B views on YT and over 600M streams on Spotify. It did what it had to do with two female artists who hasn’t had a peak as high as Shakira and Karol. 

OT: congrats to Shakira in this record breaking achievement :WAP:

i was kidding

LUV Sin Pijama :kiss:

3 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

another #1 for Bizarrap :clap3:

His last #1 did 8M , now thanks to Shakira he did 14M :clap3:

1 hour ago, Zeferino said:

The way “Dónde están los ladrones?” Was the first album I listened to in full :jonny5:

so glad she’s still this powerful 

I grew up listening to Shakira thanks to my mom. Pies Descalzos was the first album I ever listened to in full :jamming:

The way she was already as massive as a Latin female artist could aspire to be when i was born, and she's still hitting it.

I swear, no female artist in the history of Latin Music knew how to read the room the way she does. She managed to adapt time and time again, and impacting the industry while at it. Legendary!

I like the way she's singing in this one. it's been over a decade since we got an angry/sad shakira song. 

3 hours ago, Jaimon said:

The smartest thing to do would be to learn Spanish. :duck:

2 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

Her last release with Ozuna did 2.9m first day. :celestial5:

It's a combination of her power + Bizarrap + the cheating scandal. 

2 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

His last debut was 5.6M

US Apple Music:

22. Bizarrap & Shakira - Shakira: Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53  +68  :jonny6:

28 minutes ago, Sahn said:

Her last release with Ozuna did 2.9m first day. :celestial5:

It's a combination of her power + Bizarrap + the cheating scandal. 

Exactly, she is milking the scandal and monetizing the hell out of it.

This would not be a huge hit if she was weren't VERY specific and agressive. Even with Bizarrap, another generic song about a heartbroken woman would never be this big.

7 hours ago, Broken said:

+the song is in Spanish.

She should stop releasing English music. Her Spanish music has always been 100 times better...

Or she could include English versions of the main singles on her Spanish albums.

A reverse Laundry Service/She Wolf experience.

Absolutely not. She can do both and it all and why shouldn't see? Arts not charts. 

5 hours ago, Cloudy said:

She should just give up on English, her music always sounded awful in it (sorry not sorry). Her spanish classics are CLASSICS and the public from Latin America and Spain specially have been loyal to her like no other. Also hispanic market doesn't give a **** about age contrary to the USA and in this day and age she doesn't need USA at all.

Still get chills everytime I listen to Estoy Aquí :jonny:

I love her music in English so much. She has such a way and is so distinct in terms of voice and style that her crossing over was and is still so damn major. She was a literal cultural reset. 

5 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Clandestino not being tacked into El Dorado was so odd to be honest :rip:

The other 2 songs BOMBED and should never be into consideration when making an album tracklist.

Eh still no reason to exclude them. She's not really a droplet kind of gal and I hope it stays that way. Hate artists that claim to be about integrity and the second they underperform they sellout like ... they should all just be on the album because a stream is a stream

5 hours ago, Lorelei said:

What am i reading in here :rip:

Her English albums are all great (with OF being incredible) minus the self titled which still has some decent songs. What the hell is this slander? Don't Bother remains one of her best English songs ever :biblio:

She's an international superstar , why sing only in Spanish when she can do both? 

Exactly! Justice for Men In This Town because that is such an underrated gem in her discography. 

5 hours ago, allforyou said:

I love her english music but I agree, Don't Wait Up flopped while all the spanish songs she released after it were legit hits. She's better off releasing only spanish singles and when she eventually puts out an album maybe throw in 3 english album tracks.

Or collab as a feature on other people's songs in English

5 hours ago, Cloudy said:

She needed the USA to be an even bigger global icon in the 00s and she achieved it, but I agree she can always release some throw around singles (hopefully not **** ones... :skull:), but let's be honest, what has always propelled her music and career is the undeniable support from the hispanics around the world who revere her and have revered her since the 90s and those aren't really going to consume her english music.

What a legacy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.