H100: Anti-Hero 7x #1, Kill Bill #3, I'm Good (Blue) #4, Die For You #8, CUFF IT #10

Renan90

10 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Is this what you consider promoting? :deadbanana4:

You need to learn the difference between promoting AND being pathetic and petty

that's literally your entire account on this site

park-bom-kpop.gif

congrats sza :clap3: was fine with this either way

Edited by K$Ellie

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Renan90

• Ger

• Headlock

• Artur

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these two albums to the moon and back but taylor should've just sat there and taken the #2 gracefully. for someone who's so outspoken about her mistreatment in the music industry, it's disappointing to see her go after another woman colleague in such a petty way. there certainly are power, gender, and racial dynamics involved and these cheap gimmicks diminished her feminist image. I hope taylor lets sza enjoy her time in the spotlight, she'll have her turn again real soon 

anyways congrats sza :heart: 

30 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

“Being more ambitious” :swan:

The fact that you consider competing for the chance to be #1 on your 11th week to be “pathetic” :rip: And literally what is petty about this :rip:

SOS is a MOMENT

SZA really came through with the power punch. Its been a delight to see the ATRLers that paid dust to her surprised by how dear her music is to people and how much they have connected to it since it dropped. She deserved this week and a Kill Bill #1, because she IS THE MOTHERFUCKING MOMENT

44 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You literally just ignored everything I just said :rip: So according to you she’s bound to return to #1? Cool, then she can add additional #1s to her total :rip: None of this crap is “necessary”, it’s Billboard charts, if an artist wants to compete for the top spot when they see a potential opportunity, they’re allowed to do so. Literally no one checks the catalog of Billboard “records” beforehand to see if they should “let” another artist have the #1 spot :priceless:

Ok cool so you're okay with her capitalizing the charts and literally scamming her fans with an extra 37 seconds clip that was already out before and is available on Youtube? I literally have Swifties as friends and they themselves weren't okay with what she did with these 4 digital versions.

The way swifties were celebrating and mocking SZA for fighting back saying she was barely gonna sell only for the difference to be 8K and Taylor's attempt to manipulate the charts backfire on her face :bibliahh:

I just know this woman is fumming at her home right now. Between the snub at the Oscar and this, I guess karma isn't really her boyfriend :bibliahh:

ATRL losers and haters celebrating like it really matters :ahh: Taylor sold almost 1.6M in her first week.

3 minutes ago, fountainsofyouth said:

I love these two albums to the moon and back but taylor should've just sat there and taken the #2 gracefully. for someone who's so outspoken about her mistreatment in the music industry, it's disappointing to see her go after another woman colleague in such a petty way. there certainly are power, gender, and racial dynamics involved and these cheap gimmicks diminished her feminist image. I hope taylor lets sza enjoy her time in the spotlight, she'll have her turn again real soon 

Every single time :rip: Y’all make up nonsense every single time, what about this is petty? Have Taylor and SZA ever even met or interacted before? :rip:

How is Taylor wanting to be #1 “mistreating” SZA? How does this go against anything Taylor has said about mistreatment in the industry? Taylor has done this multiple times against men and women, white or black, because she likes to be #1. You can debate your opinion on her doing that, sure, but to attempt to frame this racially or by gender when they have no part of any of this just dilutes the importance of those topics.

13 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Ok cool so you're okay with her capitalizing the charts and literally scamming her fans with an extra 37 seconds clip that was already out before and is available on Youtube? I literally have Swifties as friends and they themselves weren't okay with what she did with these 4 digital versions.

None of this was your initial argument :rip:

You were framing this as Taylor attempting to block the “spot” of a black women, and also stating there was no “need” for Taylor to do this.

There is no such thing as “capitalizing the charts”. Chart placements aren’t spread out evenly amongst artists. Nobody refrains from trying to do well because then they would be “hogging” the top spots :rip: There is no participation trophy, artists aren’t given the #1 because they “deserve” it. This has literally never been a thing. Artists can want to be #1 if they want to, even if they have already been #1.

I don’t care about Taylor releasing some dumb digital versions, I didn’t buy them, and nobody is forcing people to buy them. It literally has no effect on your life. You literally just said many Swifties themselves didn’t want to buy them either and didn’t do so, therefore proving my point :priceless:

Edited by Headlock

14 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

I just know this woman is fumming at her home right now. 

Sweetie this is what you are doing :rip:

20 minutes ago, fountainsofyouth said:

13 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

The way swifties were celebrating and mocking SZA for fighting back saying she was barely gonna sell only for the difference to be 8K and Taylor's attempt to manipulate the charts backfire on her face :bibliahh:

I just know this woman is fumming at her home right now. Between the snub at the Oscar and this, I guess karma isn't really her boyfriend :bibliahh:

13 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

56 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Funny how y'all post more about someone you have some weird obsession with than SZA

since y'all "love her so much!!!" I'm surprised to never see yall in the album thread 

What I find more concerning than Taylor's competitive behavior is Her obsessed haters that plague this website. How can you hate one person this much? Yay let's celebrate that 1 win out of 1000 losses. 

Fl-q1_ZaMAAoccH?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by mael

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

Taylor still collecting 100k+ sales weeks in her 11th week. That's AMAZING.

Congrats to SZA too. She is talented and was a good sport in terms of competing with Taylor. Didn't make a drama of it and showed her respect and admiration for Taylor which I am sure is reciprocal. :clap3: 

Basically this. I hope both of them keep trying to bag the #1 the next few weeks too, it keeps things fresh a lil bit.

JohnWayneHolland

The better album won :clap3:

Watch Taylor release 10 new versions of Midnights, each with a different tracklist order. :gaycat1:

This thread :deadbanana4:

Great battle for that #1. Good effort Taylor, congrats SZA :clap3:

Both albums will compete for the #1 for a while longer and stay in the top 10 forever.

Streams from SOS are really insane. 

Pure from Midnights are really insane along with big streams. Passing 3B on Spotify this week :clap3:

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

When have charts or artists ever operated this way :rip:

Are you actually trying to frame Midnight’s chart run, with 11 100k+ weeks, as bad? :rip:

Girl your fave is a sore winner. Deal with it. Girlie rushed out 4 digital versions of her album on the last tracking day and was reliant on her fans dropping enough coin to push her to #1 over a BW who was working on a historic achievement.

I get you can't see past any of this or understand.  Cause it's your world while everyone else is living in it. It was very messy and back handed.

I love how Taylor fans pull this cause Taylor paints herself as the ultimate victim where everyone is against her in the industry. She couldn't even smile when Adele won over her. She cried when she missed an AOTY nomination. But now yall are being totally dismissive of Taylor's vindictiveness and how it can impact black and brown artists who don't have the same appeal or resources that she has. This would be unacceptable if anyone else tried it. I don't even think Madonna and Mariah are as shrewd and petty. 

YESSSS :jonny6:

Kill Bill #1 within the next few weeks hopefully :jonny6:

Low as a single afterwards :jonny6:

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

ffff right?

Promoting:

SNL

Late Night Talk Show Interviews + Performances

Morning Show interviews + Performances

Award Show Performances

etc.

Not Promoting:

Releasing cash grab + chart driven "digital versions" of singles and albums

Releasing limited versions of albums/singles "only available until the end of the tracking week"

etc.

Pls :deadbanana2:

Taylor's the only person that makes ATRL this mad :jonny5: Midnights is a huge success regardless of how many weeks she's #1 worry about your own flop faves :redface:

Edited by FightDragonsWithMe

I think that I’m the only diehard swiftie that is happy for SZA at #1.

come on guys, yes midnights it’s Taylor the best commercial album in years but she have done it that for years with another albums.

let the other females singers breathe.

So so happy for the longevity of midnights.

Edited by Godinos

40 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

Girl your fave is a sore winner. Deal with it. Girlie rushed out 4 digital versions of her album on the last tracking day and was reliant on her fans dropping enough coin to push her to #1 over a BW who was working on a historic achievement.

I get you can't see past any of this or understand.  Cause it's your world while everyone else is living in it. It was very messy and back handed.

The fact that you still attempting to frame this as a racial issue :ace:

She couldn't even smile when Adele won over her. 

Thank you for informing me you get your news from gifs that are edited, because this is literally false, the camera didn’t even cut to her until half-way through her speech and Taylor did laugh :rip:

But now yall are being totally dismissive of Taylor's vindictiveness and how it can impact black and brown artists who don't have the same appeal or resources that she has. This would be unacceptable if anyone else tried it. I don't even think Madonna and Mariah are as shrewd and petty. 

You have legitimately lost your mind. What about this is vindictive or petty. Like I want you to spell it out using the definitions of those words. Quickly. Here I’ll provide them for you as a head start:

vin·dic·tive
/vinˈdiktiv/

adjective
  1. having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.
pet·ty
/ˈpedē/

adjective

(of behavior) characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters, especially in a small-minded or spiteful way.

Are you attempting to create a make-believe history of animosity between Taylor and SZA? Or perhaps you’re swinging big and saying Taylor wants revenge on the Black community? Because that is what those words require Taylor to do in order to be used here.

Edited by Headlock

Last year it was Taylor vs. Adele. Now it’s Taylor vs. SZA. The industry truly knows how to shake up the charts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.