Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

NPrewYs.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 4

Spoiler
On 2/9/2023 at 10:54 AM, Sanguine said:

ROUND FOUR CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy: I was always surprised this resonated with me as much as it did, honestly her best song, deserved more recognition

Björk - I See Who You Are: One of her most interesting songs, not always pleasant, overall decent enough but one of the weaker songs here for sure. Works with the underrated narrative since this album is panned lol

Carly Rae Jepsen - Let's Get Lost: This is LEGITIMATELY one of my favorite songs ever, literally changed my life when I was fifteen I would listen to it all day, it takes what she did with RAWMe and somehow makes it even better?! And yes it’s underrated af because if there was any justice people would agree it’s her best song!!

Charli XCX - Lock You Up: MASTERPIECEEEE the fact that most of her new fans don’t care about True Romance is disgusting

Christina Aguilera - Get Mine, Get Yours: Idk I didn’t really get much out of this. It’s okay though, I found myself singing along a little

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker: Forgot this bop existed! One of my faves on TMLYM. Definitely an underrated gem from her more recent stuff

Doja Cat - Options: This gets lost in the Planet Her conversation a lot and I don’t know why, one of the best songs on the album imo

Esperanza Spalding - Noble Nobles: Very different than the other song from this album, I like the folky elements a lot

FKA twigs - Ultraviolet: One of my least faves from her, it’s kinda boring :( but yeah her EP stuff is generally underappreciated, although I feel like she perfected that sound with LP1

Foxes - Forgive Yourself: A bop, yeah I know this is stanned by her fans but the album tanked so we will allow it

Kesha - Past Lives: Always loved this, her ballads are pretty great and always go underappreciated

Kylie Minogue - Feels So Good: So mid and goes nowhere djjdjfjdj sorry but underrated doesn’t have to mean panned!

Miley Cyrus - Rooting For My Baby: The guitar in this kinda squeaks on my ears at a couple points OTHER than that it’s very enjoyable, I like the melody. Makes a lot of sense as a choice since it’s so different from the rest of the album

P!nk - Hiccup: Cute and catchy, pleasant, and I’m sure it’s underrated since I have no recollection of its existence

Shygirl - Heaven: HER MOST UNDERRATED SONG PERIODDDD also the production lowkii sounds like Owl City to me jdjdjfj

Solange - Locked In Closets: Lovely amazing song, this whole EP is underrated it’s her best work… let’s talk about it

Usher - Superstar: A bit of a bop, don’t think I’ve heard it but it sounds familiar

Yerin Baek - Limit: Pretty and cinematic, not one of my faves from her but it’s nice

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Lucky#17 @Seffers @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Dessy @Alena

@Euterpe @Sanguine @Element @Hikari @Tom Vercetti

On 2/10/2023 at 7:45 AM, Euterpe said:

ally-ally-brooke.gif

I got confirmation that no one

submitted a single or promo single,

so congrats! Everyone was on theme,

therefore my critiques are only about

personal taste.

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Lucky#17 @Seffers @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Dessy @Alena

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy

Do I like it? I’m not a huge fan of her voice in the song itself, but the lyrics and melody really hit. Makes me want to curl up in my bed and sit with my thoughts. I think it did its job.

Björk - I See Who You Are

Do I like it? There was some… interesting folksy instrumentation in this, but overall, I think it’s a good song.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Let's Get Lost

Do I like it? There were parts of it I liked and other parts that I feel like were made for pre-teens that didn’t quite hit for me. It’s not bad, and it’s fun, but it isn’t fully for me.

Charli XCX - Lock You Up

Do I like it? (Surprisingly) I did actually enjoy this. Maybe it was the pop rock or nostalgia of the pop rock I used to listen to years ago, but this hits for me.

Christina Aguilera - Get Mine, Get Yours

Do I like it? Oh yes, this hits.

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker

Do I like it? This song is as good as I remember it being, probably one of her best I’d say.

Doja Cat - Options

Do I like it? I’m trying to ignore the feature since it’s supposed to be about Doja for the round. I really enjoyed Doja on the song; it should’ve been on the radio.

Esperanza Spalding - Noble Nobles

Do I like it? This is one of those cases where it’s a solid song, but my brain just isn’t its biggest fan. Something about her voice and instrumentation is just something I’m not a fan of.

FKA twigs - Ultraviolet

Do I like it? I’m a huge fan of the beats and song structure itself, but I’m not a fan of her Billie whisper vocals on this.

Foxes - Forgive Yourself

Do I like it? Yes, I highly, highly enjoyed it.

Kesha - Past Lives

Do I like it? Kesha is usually good at ballad work and slower songs, but her voice wasn’t as polished as I hoped it would be on a song like this. It would’ve been a lot better if her voice was better for this song, because it could’ve been great.

Kylie Minogue - Feels So Good

Do I like it? I’m not its biggest fan.

Miley Cyrus - Rooting For My Baby

Do I like it? I really like it except the “OoOo” parts, which I think brings it down.

P!nk - Hiccup 

Do I like it? The first half I was iffy about, but the second half hits.

Shygirl - Heaven

Do I like it? This is an interesting one, because I feel like her vocals and the beat are two separate songs that somehow were over laced with each other, so I’m not sure how I feel about it.

Solange - Locked In Closets 

Do I like it? I really like the vibes, and her voice is good. Not a fan of some of the beats in it, but I did like it.

Usher - Superstar

Do I like it? His alleged high notes were not very convincing, but the song was decent.

Yerin Baek - Limit

Do I like it? Oh, this was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Oh wow, oh wow.

On 2/10/2023 at 1:03 PM, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy: Not too shabby. I'm just not too big on her folky moments. 

Björk - I See Who You Are: Interesting era to represent this theme. I've never been into Volta but this was listenable. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Let's Get Lost: This used to be one of my favorites from her years ago. Listening again it's still up there. 

Charli XCX - Lock You Up: This sounds like a neon-indian cut. Love this choice. 

Christina Aguilera - Get Mine, Get Yours: Haven't heard this before but I really liked it. Great job with the assignment. 

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker: Hmm, this was average for me. Not that bad. 

Doja Cat - Options: I like the production here! Don't care for JID but she kinda delivers. 

Esperanza Spalding - Noble Nobles: I like this more than the other song from this album you chose at least. 

FKA twigs - Ultraviolet: Still good. EP2 used to be my favorite twigs release. 

Foxes - Forgive Yourself: I think this is one of her more interesting songs. I like the melody. 

Kesha - Past Lives: I've seen this song being called underrated before so it fits that bill. I like how it gets pretty interesting towards the end. It was something different for her at the time. 

Kylie Minogue - Feels So Good: It's fine. Doesn't stand out all too well for me here. 

Miley Cyrus - Rooting For My Baby: I don't like bangerz as an album so I expected worse here but it's not bad. It has some appealing moments. 

P!nk - Hiccup: This is perhaps my favorite p!nk entry so far. Her 00s r&b era has always been a tad underrated to me. 

Shygirl - Heaven: Kinda perfect.  

Solange - Locked In Closet:  Haven't heard this before either but I enjoyed it. 

Usher - Superstar: Haven't listened to confessions deep cuts in forever. This is fine enough. 

Yerin Baek - Limit: Hmm, A little boring for me i'm afraid.

judge entry:

underrated I think 

On 2/10/2023 at 6:52 PM, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

RWnrDIF.gif

Reveal hidden contents

My song of the year 2021, need I say more? Always overshadowed by the title track of this album, this song deserves to get its own flowers. 

This album as a whole is underrated, not sure how it will fare with the some of the songs here but it was quite nice.

I've always liked this song. The cow in the end always gets me. I mean it gets overshadowed by songs like Warm Blood and Boy Problems so there's that.

Charli XCX - Lock You Up

Underated gem from an underated album. True Romance >> Crash easily 

The album track that stood out the most to me in Stripped when I first listened to it. We stan!

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker

I kinda forgot about this song ngl so this was kinda a surprise to me and a really good one at that.

Doja Cat - Options

It is kinda forgotten but this surprisingly has more streams than Love To Dream, anyways it was decent.

I don't remember this song as well, it was quite pleasant.

FKA twigs - Ultraviolet

Hmmm not familiar with EP2 that much since I don't listen to it a lot but I do know papi pacify and water me. There were a few rough moments but the good parts of the song were really good.

Foxes - Forgive Yourself

This is an album highlight for me but that's just me I guess, I did enjoy the song.

Kesha - Past Lives

Wish I could hear the male vocals less at times in the chorus but aside from that a really good song.

The album is underrated in general, the song wasn't bad just a lil bit lowkey I guess.

This does sound different from the rest of the album, a true hidden gem at that.

P!nk - Hiccup 

This reminds me of Most Girls but just the inferior version, still good tho. 

Shygirl - Heaven

I guess I gotta revisit the album more since I kinda dont remember this bop being on it.

Yeah I'm not familiar with this EP as well but we are bopping, we are stanning!

Usher - Superstar

I was expecting the Carpenters cover but this was much even better.

Yerin Baek - Limit

This was a bit borderlining on kdrama OSTs, the song is pretty but I guess I need to be in the right mood for this.

On 2/10/2023 at 10:12 PM, Element said:

Ellie-Goulding-lights-ellie-goulding-188

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Her vocals are quite nice in this stripped down setting. Is it the most interesting song ever? No, but it’s nice enough.

This was pretty cool actually. I liked the instrumentation! She had a lot of passion with her vocals, but I didn’t find them to become annoying like in some other songs :skull:

This is such a bop! Love the feeling of freedom evident throughout.

Charli XCX - Lock You Up
I enjoyed this overall and definitely connect better with Charli’s pop songs, as opposed to hyperpop. It was a fun moment for me.

I’ve never heard this before, but it was quite enjoyable! I really liked the production and her vocals were shining for me… but didn’t veer into obnoxious territory.

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker
This was nice enough. I feel like it left less of an impact on me than some other songs this round.

Doja Cat - Options
This is fun. It has a nice rhythm and vibe… overall, it’s a song that I don’t really revisit from Planet Her.

A very unique atmosphere. Gives me some vibes from the 90s.

FKA twigs - Ultraviolet
This didn’t really excite or intrigue me. Her voice was pretty but it was nothing to write home about.

Foxes - Forgive Yourself
Yup yup yup this is a hit!

Kesha - Past Lives
Not me having to give this critique the day of our show ladskj don’t hate me! I don’t know about this one tbh. It kind of feels like filler and she has so many other amazing songs on these early albums :( let me listen a few more times

Oh I’m a sucker for that kind of pulsating pop production from Do What U Want / Style / etc. What an era that was tbh. This works for me!! I like it. Very sleek and melodic.

There are pleasant elements to this song, but it doesn’t go anywhere for me in the end.

P!nk - Hiccup
Mmmmmmmmmm I don’t think I enjoy this that much. I wanted to bc the production was up my alley, but the melody and repetitive “hiccup-cup-cup” lyric was just not clicking with me.

Shygirl - Heaven
Very nice and very pleasant. I could definitely see myself vibing to this on a night drive and just disassociating a little.

Yep this was hitting for me. I love her voice and the production was nice!

Usher - Superstar
A lovely R&B track. The chorus melody was a bit of an earworm.

Yerin Baek - Limit
Another beautiful song from Yerin! Her vocals are so striking + the melody here is so airy and heavenly.

NPrewYs.png 

RESULTS

Spoiler
On 2/12/2023 at 9:12 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 13th place...

with the average of 8.48

Reveal hidden contents

Usher with Superstar!

@Dessy

congrats!!!

in 12th place...

with the average of 8.54

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with I See Who You Are!

congrats!!! i see who you are, my queer friend!

On 2/12/2023 at 9:15 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 11th place...

with the average of 8.56

Reveal hidden contents

P!nk with Hiccup!

@Rotunda

congrats!!!

in tied 9th place...

with the average of 8.6

Reveal hidden contents

Yerin Baek with Limit!

congrats!!!

On 2/12/2023 at 9:18 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in tied 9th place...

with the average of 8.6

Reveal hidden contents

Doja Cat with Options!

@EscapismRoars

congrats!!!

in 8th place...

with the average of 8.7

Reveal hidden contents

Demi Lovato with Hitchhiker!

congrats!!! demi their comeback??? :eek:

On 2/12/2023 at 9:21 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 7th place...

with the average of 8.72

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish with Male Fantasy!

@K$Ellie

congrats!!!

in 6th place...

with the average of 9.04

Reveal hidden contents

Christina Aguilera with Get Mine, Get Yours!

congrats!!! finally, the deep-cut slayed!

On 2/12/2023 at 9:23 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in tied 4th place...

with the average of 9.28

Reveal hidden contents

Foxes with Forgive Yourself!

congrats!!! look at how you're SLAYING, WOW!

in tied 4th place...

with the average of 9.28

Reveal hidden contents

Carly Rae Jepsen with Let's Get Lost!

congrats!!! another slayage, yup!

On 2/12/2023 at 9:28 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

(the only one that i can break the tie, wHEW)

in 3rd place...

with the average of 9.3

Reveal hidden contents

Solange with Locked In Closets!

@Not Like The Movies

congrats!!! YAS!

in 2nd place...

with the average of 9.3

Reveal hidden contents

Shygirl with Heaven!

congrats!!! a legendary song!

On 2/12/2023 at 9:34 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.5

Reveal hidden contents

Charli XCX with Lock You Up!

@Future Lover

congrats, a deserving winner! :clap3: 

TRUE ROMANCE SO UNDERRATED.

On 2/12/2023 at 9:38 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 14th place... and SAFE

with the average of 8.44

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with Rooting For My Baby!

@wish

congrats!!!

in 15th place... and SAFE

with the average of 8.32

Reveal hidden contents

Kesha with Past Lives!

congrats!!!

On 2/12/2023 at 9:43 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 16th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.22

Reveal hidden contents

FKA twigs with Ultraviolet!

@Touch It

good luck! :emofish:

in 17th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.04

Reveal hidden contents

Esperanza Spalding with Noble Nobles!

in 18th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 7.56

Reveal hidden contents

Kylie Minogue with Feels So Good!

@Seffers

1 minute ago, Touch It said:

I mean dream my bottom

Thats hot

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF ENTRIES

welcome to our fourth sing-off of the season! this time, our bottoms consist of esperanza spalding, fka twigs, and kylie minogue

based on what the judges have said, this is the best sing-off yet. and they all brought THAT energy.

unfortunately, only one can stay.

but first ... lets see what they performed!

first up, Kylie Minogue with a performance of Can't Get You Out Of My Head!

Spoiler

next, FKA twigs with a performance of cellophane!

Spoiler

and closing with Esperanza Spalding who performed Jazz Ain't Nothin' But Soul!

Spoiler

next post, we will announce the results of the fourth sing-off!

we're here, we're queer

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

let's begin with our first judge, Caroline Polachek!

RHZIIxk.png

here's what she had to say:

Kylie: The beginning is iconic, rest of the performance is pretty good as well, she manages to keep you entranced for it

Twigs: Her vocals in the first half are so impressive and already sell it for me, the stripper part is good too I loove the dance

Esperanza: Her vocals [2] they're great in this, in a completely different way than Twigs' are. The instrumentation is also impressive, and the whole thing feels intimate and personal to her audience in a way?

she also said that all 3 were great, so you better be proud of yourself :clap3:

with that being said, she has made her decision... and she voted to save..

Esperanza Spalding!

next up, it's judge Lexie Liu!

igAkZZE.png

here's what she had to say:

Kylie: The intro was amazing, she kept the performance lively throughout the song. Not a single dull moment.

FKA twigs: This performance just totally blew me away. I mean her vocals had always been great and the pole dancing here was just the icing on the cake (not to mention she was singing while doing the pole dance thingy).

Esperanza: She just didn't showcase her elegant vocals here but also her musicality that shows how gifted/talented of an artist she is.

damn another praise from the judge to all three of you, WHEWWW yall served

with a hard decision, miss lexie has decided to save...

FKA twigs!

1-1 now!!!

now, it's the british queen, judge Ellie Goulding!

OUp3m9e.png

here is what she had to say:

Kylie: Incredibly fun + visually engaging

Twigs: Both halves of this are stunning and entrancing

Esperanza: Gorgeous overview of her genre + excellent artistry

keep it very simple and sweet :heart2: but who will she save??

well she did save one person and that is miss....

Kylie Minogue!

we're 1-1-1 omg....

with two judges left, what's gonna happen in this BLOODBATH singoff???

#staytuned

2 minutes ago, Hikari said:

we're here, we're queer

we know

1 minute ago, Dessy said:

Inb4 a tie

tie from the thai

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.