Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

yasss cardistan!

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Chisa Xg Shooting Star GIF - Chisa Xg Shooting Star GIFs

Billie Eilish - bury a friend (Night)

Very creepy/eerie production, definitely spot on the night theme. The song was ok, it's not something I would skip when it comes on shuffle.

Björk - There's More To Life Than This (Night)

The song gives night life vibes, lowkey oontz oontz 90s music. It's a lil bit bop-ish but not that hard. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever (Night)

The song is giving night drive going home feels. Love love the song <3

Charli XCX - Backseat (Night)

Also on point with the night theme, somehow this feels a lot sadder (I guess coz the lyrics). I liked it a lot tho!

Christina Aguilera - Monday Morning (Day)

Very groovy and carefree as you've mentioned, bopped here and there. It's also nice to see a day entry in a sea of night ones.

Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart a Break (Day)

Well starting over a new chapter is always a positive thing, this is also one of my favorite singles from Demi.

Doja Cat - Streets (Silhouette Remix) (Night)

You can definitely hear the night theme throughout the whole song, also a career highlight from her.

Dua Lipa - Running (Night)

I hear a few elements of the night theme and I can picture all the scenarios you've mentioned in your explanation, I'm not just the biggest fan of the song tho.

Esperanza Spalding - Fall In (Night)

A very very lovely song, it's so so dreamy and definitely has the night life feel.

FKA twigs - tears in the club (Night)

I guess it's the most obvious pick for her tho I really needed time to actually appreciate this song. We're bopping now tho!

Foxes - Night Glo (Night)

Lyrics and the melodies are on point, kinda dragged a bit at some point coz the length of the song but it also left a nostalgic feeling.

Kesha - Dancing With Tears in My Eyes (Night)

Definitely a club banger back then, slightly aged but we're still bopping.

Kylie Minogue - On a Night Like This (Night)

A classic club banger, goes a lil bit harder. Also slightly aged but we're still bopping

Miley Cyrus - Gimme What I Want (Night)

The opening of the song alone screams night time, an important highlight from the album as well.

P!nk - U + Ur Hand (Night)

Yeah I was thinking of this song for her for the night theme so you nailed that part. One of her best songs too.

Shygirl - SIREN (Night)

Another oontz oontz music perfect for the night clubs sounds *bangs head!

Solange - Sound of Rain (Night)

Well I like this approach, you don't really have to be blunt about saying "night" just to fit the theme. Sometimes you just have to let the music speak to you and I heard it. I really liked this.

The Cardigans - Carnival (Night)

Okay I kinda also picture the scenario you were trying to make in your explanation, the song does give me more night vibes rather than day. Also, you've been doing a fantsatic job introducing the cardigans' hidden gems to us.

Usher - This Day (Day)

The song gives that hope/hopeful vibes so yeah something positive. On a not so positive note, it was not my cup of tea. 

Yerin Baek - You're so lonely now, so you need me back by your side again (Night)

A chill depressing night song to end the round with, good job!

ty judge Lexie Liu with the stanning

2AopB7c.png

Billie Eilish - bury a friend (Night): 

Hits the mark theme wise. One of her more interesting songs too. Yeezus inspired. 

Björk - There's More To Life Than This (Night):

Let's go nightclub. Theme wise it fits for sure. I think this is one of her better house attempts so I like it. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever (Night):

Lyrically it's a fit. Song wise, no complaints really. 

Charli XCX - Backseat (Night):

There's some lyrical mentions of nighttime. I think she had better night options though. Song wise it's good. 

Christina Aguilera - Monday Morning (Day):

It does have a bright touch to it so it fits thematically. As a song it's just okay.

Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart a Break (Day):

Positive round part 2. Anyhow, it's a bit on theme. Song wise it's a lil catchy. 

Doja Cat - Streets (Silhouette Remix) (Night):

Production wise it's def nocturnal. Hits the theme precisely. Song wise, my favorite from Doja so far. 

Dua Lipa - Running (Night):

Slightly on theme. Song wise it definitely sounds like an unreleased album track. 

Esperanza Spalding - Fall In (Night):

It's something that would play a late night "fancy" eatery so you got points there. Doesn't really appeal to my taste buds musically unfortunately. 

FKA twigs - tears in the club (Night):

Almost goes without saying it's a night track. Song wise it's a caprisongs favorite. 

Foxes - Night Glo (Night):

I can't deny it's a good fit for the night theme. Song wise it does drag so it's bordering mid for me. 

Kesha - Dancing With Tears in My Eyes (Night):

I was hoping to see Animal/Cannibal Kesha sometime soon. Theme wise I can see it being played at a random night scenario. Song wise it's solid. 

Kylie Minogue - On a Night Like This (Night):

Yes night club yes night fit. Song wise, it definitely hits. Early 00s house/trance pop songs are good. 

Miley Cyrus - Gimme What I Want (Night):

Another good fit and it's appealing.

P!nk - U + Ur Hand (Night):

It's a little too upbeat to exactly fit a night entry for me but lyrically there are night elements. Song wise it's fine.

Shygirl - SIREN (Night)

Great night fit. Also my favorite shygirl song :praise: 

A creative and fit song choice among the numerous night entries. Song wise, it's one of her best songs. 

Theme wise it's about mid for me. I didn't get complete night vibes from this. Song wise it's kinda pleasant. 

Usher - This Day (Day)

Props for wanting to standout theme wise  but it's not my favorite day entry here. Song wise, dude this was a choice :rip: 

Yerin Baek - You're so lonely now, so you need me back by your side again (Night):

Production/Lyrically it's one of the better night fits. Song wise this was nice. 

Judge entry:

yeah i'm a night guy too.

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @luckystrike @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Lucky#17 @Seffers @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @Dessy @Alena

No taste found :giraffe: but thanks for the crits :gaycat1:

Fitting? Yes, it has a lot of sleep references for night. Do I like it? Not really.

Fitting? Yeah, it fits the bill lyrics wise, and I’d say the music is club-like so that fits night. Do I like it? Not really.

Fitting? Yeah, the lyrics fit. I’d say the best and melody reminds me more of a children’s song though. Do I like it? No.

Fitting?  I’m ignoring Carly’s parts, because this is supposed to be a Charli entry. It’s unfortunate, because most of the lyrics to it being about night are Carly’s. And the vibes aren’t as night as I would’ve liked. Do I like it? No.

Fitting? Yeah, it fits the bill. Do I like it? No.

Fitting? If you’re going off vibes only and nothing else, it’s a sort of day song. But otherwise, I have no idea why you picked this song. Do I like it? I liked it more years ago, but I still like it for the most part.

Fitting? For the most part,[amended]. I learned that the remix was only for the first ten seconds, which is weird, but helps me get the whole picture. Do I like it? Yeah, I like it.

Fitting? I’d say… mid. Do I like it? Yes.

Fitting? This is a song based about being in a dream, so I’d say that fits, and the melody and beats go with the dreamlike nature. Do I like it? Meh, her vocals aren’t doing it for me.

Fitting? I’m ignoring The Weeknd’s part in this. The music itself is nighttime, and although going to clubs is a nighttime occurrence, there isn’t any other night linkage. Do I like it? Yes.

Fitting? I would say so. Do I like it? Yeah, I don’t mind it.

Fitting? Yeah, I’d say so. Do I like it? Yeah, I like it.

Fitting? Yeah. Do I like it? Not really.

Fitting? Yeah. Do I like it? In a mid type of way.

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Yes, it slaps.

Shygirl - SIREN (Night)

Fitting? For the most part, but wish it was reaching higher heights with the theme. Do I like it? Meh.

Fitting? For the most part. Do I like it? Sometimes I liked it when I listened, other parts I didn’t.

Fitting? It wasn’t a clear night or day for the theme; the vibes were nighttime. Do I like it? Not really.

Usher - This Day (Day)

Fitting? This wasn’t as day as I had been hoping for since the title made it seem that way. Also, ignoring the other person on the song since they’re not the artist for the game. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s okay.

Yerin Baek - You're so lonely now, so you need me back by your side again (Night)

Fitting? The melody, beats, and vibes were, but nothing else made it stand out for night. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s okay. Still sounds like Dido, it’s uncanny.

No thanks

Lmfaooo my ballad option does drag on a bit I have to say 

It does at least fit the theme 

• ATRL Moderator

DefenselessColorfulBengaltiger-size_rest

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Perfect for the theme. Strong for me taste-wise… but like a 9 out of 10, not a perfect 10.

Very unique and creative song!! The part where she interjects her voice over the background noise is so special. I enjoyed it overall. For the theme, I think it captures the nightclub atmosphere well and the lyrics are also pretty good.

This is another upper-to-mid-tier song for me in her discography, like All That. It’s nice enough. For the theme, I think it’s a decent representation of the theme, but there are a lot stronger entries this round.

From a taste perspective, I think this my personal favorite entry that you’ve sent over the last few rounds! Unfortunately, it comes with a collaboration that features another competitor. Last round, I docked a point for this with Miley + P!nk, and I will have to do it again here. Theme-wise, strong.

I appreciate your risk with sending day! I don’t know if I loved this song, but I didn’t hate it?? It felt like a decent representation of day… almost like a theme song to start your rebellious day off. Not as strong thematically as Usher, but not bad.

Hmmm… I think that this is a classic, although I like other songs from Unbroken even more tbqh. The instrumentation is excellent and uplifting so you hit the marks there really well. Lyrically, a bit strange as a concept. I get what you were going for though.

One of her strongest songs ever. I think it fits the night theme perfectly. The intense production really sells it.

I completely forgot about this banger!!! Not her best, but I like it quite a bit. I think the production is solid for the theme, and the lyrics convey a sense of stress and turmoil that work well for nighttime.  

Beautiful song!! I love this style so much compared to last round. I like the dream-like approach that you took to the theme. It stands out amongst most of the other night entries in a good way.

This is among the strongest entries of the round for me. It has a very ominous, turbulent, and electronic atmosphere that works perfect for an after-dark situation. I absolutely love this song too. One of my favorites from her!

Another gem from her that I haven’t listened to in ages!! I really love the cinematic atmosphere. The sweeping instrumentation and background crashes both add to the nocturnal atmosphere. Definitely a solid song from my taste perspective. I wish her voice was a little more clear/pronounced at times though, as the instruments drown her out a bit… but maybe that was intentional with to represent the lyrics.

Lyrically, I think that you did well here. The production also hits the marks to a point… there are other songs that are stronger in that regard though. I like the chorus melody a bit but it’s kind of a middle tier song from Kesha, for me.

I love turn of the century pop music… the vibes are just so polished and perfect. It gives me nostalgia yet I wasn’t even old enough at the time to have such nostalgia!! Anyway, I love the production + the chorus melody is nice and boppy. I’m satisfied. I think some of the production and lyrical themes are “lighter” than other songs in the night category, so maybe not a perfect 5 but I think it’s strong for a club environment.

Ou yes this is one of the best songs on Plastic Hearts IMO. Great choice!! Thematically, the lyrics and production are pretty much perfect. Dark, pulsating, intense. Love it.

This might very well be my favorite P!nk song! It’s timeless and the melody is just :chefskiss: I actually remember hearing it on the radio as a 10 year old and Googling it (along with Umbrella) bc I loved it so much and needed more. Lyrically, I think this perfectly captures the chaos and hedonism of a fun and risqué night out. The production is a bit on the vibrant side for nighttime, but I think you really excelled this round!

Shygirl - SIREN (Night)
Thematically, I think you did a great job. Both the lyrics and production feel correct for the theme. It makes me envision kind of drunkenly speeding down a highway and all the lights are blurry around you. There were some elements to this that I really enjoyed (especially the instrumental breakdown before the last verse), but others that I felt ambivalent towards.

This is a really cool song! The production stands out as being quite quirky yet enjoyable. I think it fits the night theme pretty well… definitely has that atmosphere. The lyrics are a bit ambiguous at times, but I get the point so it works for me.

An enjoyable and creative song. I like the melody. For the theme, I’m not really sold. I get the idea of a carnival being at night, but honestly the song feels more like a day vibe with the strings and upbeat pop-rock aspects. Your explanation helps frame it a bit better.

Usher - This Day (Day)
I’m super appreciative of you picking the day theme, as so many avoided it!! I think that the song represents the theme very very well. From a personal taste perspective, I can’t say this is my cup of tea at all. It’s a lot to take in lol. Feels like Lin Manuel Miranda took over Usher’s body.

Good choice. I think the production is definitely reminiscent of nighttime, and the lyrics capture a feeling of loneliness and longing that also work quite well. Did I enjoy this? Actually I did quite a bit!! It had a really cool vibe. Loved the electric guitar in the bridge — an added bonus truly.

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @D e v o n @luckystrike @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious@Lucky#17 @Seffers @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @Dessy @Alena

we will wait for element to post his crits!!

oh THERE

Just now, thecptz said:

we will wait for element to post his crits!!

wait is over

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.