Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

2AopB7c.png

Euterpe'd Edition. You all did good on the theme.  Personal taste however.... 

Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet: Always hated this cover as the shhh's annoys me, sorry.  

Carly Rae Jepsen - When I Needed You: Unpopular opinion but I never liked this song because of the chorus. 

Christina Aguilera - Back in the Day: Really enjoyed this one. 

Demi Lovato - Got Dynamite: Think this is my favorite demi song so far. A great surprise. 

FKA twigs - Mothercreep: It's okay. Kinda my least fave on her ep. 

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts: It's fine yea. Right album to choose 80s from. 

Solange - T.O.N.Y.: This game really introduced me to a lot of songs from her I didn't know beforehand. It's decent enough. 

@CBC @Staryu @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @Not Like The Movies

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

wig

• ATRL Moderator

3fae8be003a11b797565abe79442c5fa51ff1f68.gif

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet

A unique and excellent submission for the theme! I actually quite liked this??? Like it's so camp and fun and different for her. There are some cringey moments for sure but I really appreciate what she did here.

Carly Rae Jepsen - When I Needed You

I think it's a great representation of the 80s decade for sure. Kind of a basic era to pick but oh well! I like this song enough... like if I heard it on the radio, I wouldn't be mad. But I don't think I would add it to my playlist.

Christina Aguilera - Back in the Day

I'm completely lost with this one sonically tbh. I don't see 60s/70s in it... it feels more 90s to me?? I did appreciate the lyrical references to past eras. Ummm what else do I have to say. The song is fun enough but not high on my list this round.

Demi Lovato - Got Dynamite

You hit the nail on the head with this entry!! Definitely encapsulates 90s grunge sound and production. I've never heard this before but am pleased to say that I enjoyed it a lot! Demi has always sounded great and this style suits them well.

FKA twigs - Mothercreep

Definitely a genre that I'm not as familiar with, so I struggled with this one. I did a little research and I can hear the influences for sure, but the 90s songs felt calmer overall. The modern electronic aspects kind of distort the time traveling aspect for me. For personal taste - there are parts of this that are cool but other parts where I was just not vibing at all. A bit too experimental for me, I fear.

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts

This was arguably my favorite song on PH besides Midnight Sky. It's honestly soooo fun and fresh and catchy. She should have pushed it as a single! Thematically, I'm content but find other entries to be a bit stronger.

Solange - T.O.N.Y.

This was pretty good for both categories for me!

@CBC @Staryu @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @Not Like The Movies

nice!

53027994-19C8-42E7-AD3D-974CFBCEB905.thu

53027994-19C8-42E7-AD3D-974CFBCEB905.thu

NPrewYs.png

welcome everyone to the results of our eleventh round, time travelers :heart2:

this round, our acts have been tasked to time travel their ways into either the past or the future!

while some judges thought they all hit the themes, some disagreed. and seeing the results, whew...

this is the closest round up to now and who will slay. who will fall. stay tuned.

the results will be announced from 4th and up to 1st place then we're gonna go down to the flops aka 5th to 7th after that!

PLS GIMME RATINGS #LoveIt #HotGame

@CBC @Staryu @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @wish @Not Like The Movies

@Euterpe @Sanguine @Element @Hikari @Tom Vercetti

starting pg 124 giggles

anyway, Back in the Day literally samples two early 70s songs idk what more y'all want me to tell ya 

shrug-ali-rose.gif

Just now, Auburn said:

anyway, Back in the Day literally samples two early 70s songs idk what more y'all want me to tell ya 

shrug-ali-rose.gif

@Element

53027994-19C8-42E7-AD3D-974CFBCEB905.thu she's a serve

this is gonna be over FAST post post ratings yes

ty for letting me get this far judges, good luck in the next rounds besties :heart2: 

but change me to em

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.