Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

walks in

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF ENTRIES

welcome to our third sing-off of the season! dua lipausher, and the cardigans have been fighting for their lives on the stage.

personally, i think this is a fun battle but what will the judges say about them? we'll find out soon.

but first ... lets see what they performed!

first up, Usher with a sweaty performance of U Got It Bad!

Spoiler

next, Dua Lipa proving she can dance with Don't Start Now!

Spoiler

and closing with The Cardigans who performed Godspell!

Spoiler

next post, we will announce the results of the third sing-off!

Ouu I know who won for me

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

first up, let's hear it from the judge Sean Paul!

QcWpL1m.png

here's what he had to say:

Torn between [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]

Usher - He's literally melting on stage but he's known for sensual slow jam r&b so I feel this performance fits him like a glove. I bet he made the ladies swoon that night just based on his dance moves. He has a very commanding presence as well, showing off his strengths as an r&b artist.

Dua Lipa - She looks good as usual. I like the vibrant colors and the change up as the chorus comes in. While they add to the show, I think the excessive amount of dancers involved may do more harm than good here. It was almost hard to focus on her by the final chorus. Overall, it was a good show for the viewers with what she could do with the song.

The cardigans - The video quality of this performance is definitely not the best. The song choice itself was fine and I was almost about to get into it but as the performance went on I wasn't too appealed from the singing and the angles of the video. Basically, I wouldn't really go back to see them again if given the choice.

next up, it's judge Caroline Polachek!

queen of being second, yup.

RHZIIxk.png

here's what she had to say:

Usher: Vocally, he slayed this. The performance took a minute to really get started and when it did, the other elements weren't really anything crazy to me, but they were adequate enough, an enjoyable experience overall

Dua Lipa: Definitely a moment in her career when she finally beat the terrible dancer allegations, although her backups are doing the heavy lifting here. Vocals and everything are fine, aesthetic is simple which is a plus, very cute

The Cardigans: Overall this was very solid. My only thing is there's nothing really OUTSTANDING here, it's just good and that's it

a stanning today! but who will she pick? #staytuned

now it's time for the queen of spinning in a starlight, Ellie Goulding!

OUp3m9e.png

here is what she had to say:

- Usher - A very strong vocal performance. This showcased a mix of his talents and a striking command of the stage without any other dancers/background noise.

- Dua - Definitely a memorable and enjoyable performance of an iconic song! The yellow lipstick is so iconic... Sharpie really should have cut a brand deal. This was her transition into a full fledged MPG, with solid vocals and improved dancing. Tour-ready too.

- The Cardigans - A really good vocal from the lead singer + the guitar solo was also quite nice. I think this is solid but lacks some of the X factor of the other two performances.

short but so effective, yes. is that short? idk i'm just making **** up, haha!!

anyways, this time i will reveal the results at the end, *gasps*

so who will win this sing-off? STAY TUNED. OMG. THIS IS SO EXCITING.

2 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

Ouu I know who won for me

omg who

but is he hmm!

pauses for ratings

1 minute ago, thecptz said:

omg who

Usher tbh.

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

welcome back to our third sing-off show! hope you all prepare for the rest now :heart2:

coming fourth, it's judge Lexie Liu!

igAkZZE.png

here is what she had to say:

Usher - Vocals, sweat and tears! Actually there were no tears so let's just replace it with tiddies! I meant performance! But kidding aside, he really did great here. Everyone was all eyes and ears on him!

Dua Lipa - She beat the "she can't dance, she can't perform" allegations with this performance. Definitely showed tons of improvement and her vocals were on point as well.

The Cardigans - I think it was a good performance, it's just other 2 were just stronger generally.

wow, miss lexie love tiddies. i meant performance!

and finishing off, we have our judge Ally Brooke!

jD33T3G.png

here is what he had to say:

Usher: Wow, he was sweating! But he sounded good; he’s always had good breath control. He’s always good with his movements, even for this song that isn’t quite dance-y. He’s smooth with it, and there’s impressiveness to that.

Dua: Its funny, because this was the performance for Dua that I figure might be sent because of how memorable it was. And while the production is still great, I was disappointed that the vocals couldn’t tie it as well together. It’s a lot of fun and we’ll choreographed, but there was something missing for me.

The Cardigans: I actually really like live band performances, because it’s a simple you hit it or you miss, since everyone has to be doing their part, and the audience has to be feeling it. And I do think this was a hit performance wise, and I’d give it a score around the same as I did round 2 if I was scoring (8.5).

the judges have said what they FELT.

and now we're reaching the most important part...

the act EVERYONE AGREED ON to be saved and move on to the next round is....

(yes, this is our first unanimous decision gasps)

Spoiler

Usher

@Dessy

#BlessTheSweat

Spoiler

which means i'm sorry, Dua Lipa and The Cardigans.. your time in Diversity 5 is up.

thank you so much for applying :hug: this is so sad. especially when i know both of you have a lot to show as well

miss dua is a talented girl, mpg girlie YAS and the judges really start to enjoy the cardigans more :'(

your time got cut short but hopefully both of you will come back next season :hughard:

thank you and good bye

Round 4 will be posted in page 48 :heart2:

please say your goodbye to our eliminated acts.

2 minutes ago, Dessy said:

X2 idk

well

2 minutes ago, Dessy said:

X2 idk

when you feel it in your body 

Yeah he ate down 

Congrats Usher! :heart2:

Sorry to see Dua and Cardigans go :cries:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.