Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

entries page 93 :heart2:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

oh.

NPrewYs.png

ROUND 8 (does length really matter?)

ENTRIES

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (10am ET on sunday 12th) to judge your entries!!

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Spoiler

Björk - Hyper-ballad

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me

Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons

Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down

Demi Lovato - Lonely

FKA twigs - mirrored heart

Kesha - Supernatural

Miley Cyrus - Violet Chemistry

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe

Solange - Sandcastle Disco

good luck :heart2:

ROUND EIGHT CRITIQUES

Björk - Hyper-ballad: Love this song! In some ways, it feels like the precursor to Joga with the flow and delivery in the chorus

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me: Already praised this song and ranked it #1 in the audition so I think you know what score you're getting from me

Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons: Well this is her best song and also a top ten best song of all time so there's that... probably my favorite entry of the whole game so far. Wish I could give you bonus points! 

Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down: A nice bop! Strangely this was a hit for her but I never really knew it or had any attachment until recently, but the general sound is familiar because it's very 2000's and reminds me of that Blu Cantrell song

Demi Lovato - Lonely: I'm not a fan of the way this sits halfway between a sultry R&B song and a DJ Mustard bop, wish it just went one way or the other. Also not big on Wayne's more Drake-ish verses

FKA twigs - mirrored heart: The chorus is so heartbreaking and easily the highlight of the song, overall really good too

Kesha - Supernatural: I used to STAN Warrior, parts of it aged weirdly to me including this song (mostly due to the drops and harder EDM sound than her previous stuff), but it's definitely a bop. The outro is great!

Miley Cyrus - Violet Chemistry: A highlight from ESV, I'm not sure it stands as a highlight against these entries or in her discog though. Production in the chorus with the touches of Atlanta Bass slaps at least!

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe: I was hoping you would send from here eventually, Cruel Practice is just pure NOCTURNAL energy that really transports you to a different place. Although it's not one of her best songs the dark and ominous vibe is so cool

Solange - Sandcastle Disco: Another audition entry that I already praised! Amazing song

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @Lucky#17  @wish @minho @Not Like The Movies

judge caroline so fast :clap3:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Björk - Hyper-ballad
Yep, bring out the big guns! (Robyn just coudln't do it!) I mean this (long/lengthy songs) is where she excels the most. Definitely one of my faves by her, enjoyed every bit of the song. 

Who doesn't love this song? Well... maybe a few people here. All I'm gonna say is it deserves to be one of her classics.

The girls are not playing! Another major classic from her most underrated album, loves it! 

Feminism! Kim ate with her verses here! Probably my seocond fave single of this era after Fighter x

Demi Lovato - Lonely
Well, she sounded really good here without having going over the top. I wish we could hear less of Lil Wayne her but the song was still solid overall.

"It's all for the gain..." My favorite in Magdalene. Just such a beautiful song, you can really feel her emotions in this. She mothered really hard.

Kesha - Supernatural
Hmmm not bad, I wouldn't say I loved it as much as the other entries here, but it had some nice moments here and there. 

I see... we're going for recency bias here x Definitely one of the better songs in the album, she should've gone for more of this direction for the album tbh.

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe
You chose the better option, so I'll give you that. I love the EP where this came from but i'd rank this in the middle out of the songs there. 

You did play it safe this time x but i don't care, I still love this song and I think this is one of her best <3

judge lexie so fast :clap3:

:heart2:

9 hours ago, Sanguine said:

ROUND EIGHT CRITIQUES

Björk - Hyper-ballad: Love this song! In some ways, it feels like the precursor to Joga with the flow and delivery in the chorus

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me: Already praised this song and ranked it #1 in the audition so I think you know what score you're getting from me

Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons: Well this is her best song and also a top ten best song of all time so there's that... probably my favorite entry of the whole game so far. Wish I could give you bonus points! 

Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down: A nice bop! Strangely this was a hit for her but I never really knew it or had any attachment until recently, but the general sound is familiar because it's very 2000's and reminds me of that Blu Cantrell song

Demi Lovato - Lonely: I'm not a fan of the way this sits halfway between a sultry R&B song and a DJ Mustard bop, wish it just went one way or the other. Also not big on Wayne's more Drake-ish verses

FKA twigs - mirrored heart: The chorus is so heartbreaking and easily the highlight of the song, overall really good too

Kesha - Supernatural: I used to STAN Warrior, parts of it aged weirdly to me including this song (mostly due to the drops and harder EDM sound than her previous stuff), but it's definitely a bop. The outro is great!

Miley Cyrus - Violet Chemistry: A highlight from ESV, I'm not sure it stands as a highlight against these entries or in her discog though. Production in the chorus with the touches of Atlanta Bass slaps at least!

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe: I was hoping you would send from here eventually, Cruel Practice is just pure NOCTURNAL energy that really transports you to a different place. Although it's not one of her best songs the dark and ominous vibe is so cool

Solange - Sandcastle Disco: Another audition entry that I already praised! Amazing song

@CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @Touch It @Lucky#17  @wish @minho @Not Like The Movies

9 hours ago, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Reveal hidden contents

Björk - Hyper-ballad
Yep, bring out the big guns! (Robyn just coudln't do it!) I mean this (long/lengthy songs) is where she excels the most. Definitely one of my faves by her, enjoyed every bit of the song. 

Who doesn't love this song? Well... maybe a few people here. All I'm gonna say is it deserves to be one of her classics.

The girls are not playing! Another major classic from her most underrated album, loves it! 

Feminism! Kim ate with her verses here! Probably my seocond fave single of this era after Fighter x

Demi Lovato - Lonely
Well, she sounded really good here without having going over the top. I wish we could hear less of Lil Wayne her but the song was still solid overall.

"It's all for the gain..." My favorite in Magdalene. Just such a beautiful song, you can really feel her emotions in this. She mothered really hard.

Kesha - Supernatural
Hmmm not bad, I wouldn't say I loved it as much as the other entries here, but it had some nice moments here and there. 

I see... we're going for recency bias here x Definitely one of the better songs in the album, she should've gone for more of this direction for the album tbh.

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe
You chose the better option, so I'll give you that. I love the EP where this came from but i'd rank this in the middle out of the songs there. 

You did play it safe this time x but i don't care, I still love this song and I think this is one of her best <3

Thank you judges :gaycat4:

Björk - Hyper-ballad

Do I like it? I’m not the biggest fan of the beats in the song; it’s very distracting and doesn’t sound right with the vocals.

Do I like it? I like this better than I did the first time. I think it’s growing on me!

Do I like it? This was pretty enjoyable!

Do I like it? I like it. It sounds like a classic.

Demi Lovato - Lonely

Do I like it? I like it, but it’s not amazing, I think the song would’ve been better with some tweaks. Her vocals sounded good!

Do I like it? Very much so! And the bridge was >>>>

Kesha - Supernatural

Do I like it? I loved the choruses and the bridge, but I think they could’ve took out some of the heavy beats in the verses, because it really took away how good those parts are.

Do I like it? Oh wow oh wow, this is a song I will now listen to on repeat.

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe

Do I like it? Not a fan of some of the beats, but otherwise, this is a whole vibe.

Do I like it? I have no memory of how I felt about it last time, so this feels new. I think it’s a really cute song, I just wish the beats were a little lower throughout, but I did enjoy it.

5 hours ago, Euterpe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Björk - Hyper-ballad

Do I like it? I’m not the biggest fan of the beats in the song; it’s very distracting and doesn’t sound right with the vocals.

Do I like it? I like this better than I did the first time. I think it’s growing on me!

Do I like it? This was pretty enjoyable!

Do I like it? I like it. It sounds like a classic.

Demi Lovato - Lonely

Do I like it? I like it, but it’s not amazing, I think the song would’ve been better with some tweaks. Her vocals sounded good!

Do I like it? Very much so! And the bridge was >>>>

Kesha - Supernatural

Do I like it? I loved the choruses and the bridge, but I think they could’ve took out some of the heavy beats in the verses, because it really took away how good those parts are.

Do I like it? Oh wow oh wow, this is a song I will now listen to on repeat.

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe

Do I like it? Not a fan of some of the beats, but otherwise, this is a whole vibe.

Do I like it? I have no memory of how I felt about it last time, so this feels new. I think it’s a really cute song, I just wish the beats were a little lower throughout, but I did enjoy it.

thank you judge :gaycat4:

WOOO HOOOOOO :heart2:

• ATRL Moderator

original.gif

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Björk - Hyper-ballad

Interesting production! Not my favorite of hers nor is it my least favorite.

Pop perfection and hasn't gotten old for me at all.

Nice enough. I wasn't really hooked by any element of this, but it's not a bad song by any means.

This is cool and fun and boppy. I wish the chorus had a little more variation in the melody, but I like it overall.

Demi Lovato - Lonely

This was just kind of "there" for me on this playlist. It's pretty enough but not too memorable. Also... I absolutely love Kingdom Come and Two Pieces... those songs were #robbed

This is one of her most entrancing tracks tbh. I feel like I'm drowning in her pain and reflection. Love the atmosphere and the emotion.

Kesha - Supernatural

Oop wow another banger throwback from Miss Sebert! I definitely had this one purchased on iTunes back in the day. Love the chorus and that beat goes so hard! Feels like a 2012 time capsule for sure.

I fear this is the best song on Endless Summer Vacation! Really loving the production. I do feel a little strangely about this being here, since if baby z didn't have his trip, you would not have been able to send this a week ago when the round was supposed to go up. Liberty Walk would have been a smash for me if so!!

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe

OOH this was very interesting actually. I loved the unsettling nocturnal energy. She definitely excels with that vibe!!

I love the joyful spirit of this song!! It's really such a bop. Great choice to bring us some sunny rhythm and a smile at the end of the playlist!

thank you

Thanks everyone :heart2:

2AopB7c.png

Björk - Hyper-ballad: Great early era song. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me: It's alright. Feel the same as the audition moment in that I never really hardcore fan'd over this. 

Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons: One of her best openers. 

Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down: Didn't do much for me personally. 

Demi Lovato - Lonely: Not a fan tbh. 

FKA twigs - mirrored heart: Wasn't too sold on this until the last minute. Overall it's just fine. 

Kesha - Supernatural: A bit disjointed to me. 

Miley Cyrus - Violet Chemistry: Recency bias helps this out. Like the production. 

Shygirl - Asher Wolfe: Good enough. 

Solange - Sandcastle Disco: Still like this. 

Judge entry:

In a hurry here so these crits are a bit rushed,. GL all. 

Thank you *judging*

94 94

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.