Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

next page maybe??

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

NPrewYs.png

in tied 13th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 8.14

Spoiler

Billie Eilish with Halley's Comet!

@K$Ellie

good luck! :emofish:

with the average of 8.14

Spoiler

Foxes with Amazing!

in 16th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 7.88

Spoiler

Yerin Baek with lovelovelove!

@Alena

in 17th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 6.4

Spoiler

Doja Cat with Say So!

@EscapismRoars

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF

Billie Eilish

Doja Cat

Foxes

Yerin Baek

welcome to the fifth sing-off of the season where two (2) of you will be eliminated after this

1. Sing-off will be only for the bottoms in each round where they need to send in a LIVE PERFORMANCE of their artist in order to survive the sing-off.

2. You can send in a live performance of a song you already used in the main round. But the live performance of that said song can be used once in the sing off. For example, I submit Lorde's Fallen Fruit on James Corden show for round 1 sing-off. Then I'm in the sing-off again in round 2, I can't submit Fallen Fruit performance on Global Citizen because I've already used Fallen Fruit performance.

3. The focus of the sing-off will be focused on the whole performance and not just the vocal aspect.

the judges will pick their favorite sing-off performance based on the whole performance and not just vocals.

since this is technically a #DiversityFirst, for this sing-off, the judges will rank all 4 performances

and the two that has the best averages will move on to the next round. IF there is a tie, we will go with our Tiebreaking method.

(if 3 people rank this said performance higher than the other, that act will move on to the next round)

*NOTE: Doja Cat can't submit a performance of Say So, Streets, and Kiss Me More since you technically used all 3 in the medley in your first sing-off.

you will have 24 hours (11PM ET SATURDAY 19TH FEBRUARY) to submit your sing-off performance.

the faster you send, the faster the results will come so please do that asap.

SEND YOUR SING-OFF HERE

@K$Ellie @EscapismRoars @Delirious @Alena

@Euterpe @Sanguine @Element @Hikari @Tom Vercetti

Doja cat and Billie won this round I guarantee you. Foxes doesn't stand a chance 😭

14 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Doja cat and Billie won this round I guarantee you. Foxes doesn't stand a chance 😭

you never know!!

1/4 sing-off entries in :smile:

3 hours ago, thecptz said:

you never know!!

Thanks for the encouragement host! Im asking others on which Foxes performance they like better and if they have any suggestions! :gaycat7:

3/4 sing-off entries in :heart2:

oops got all the sing-off entries! sending to the judges <3

NPrewYs.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 5

Spoiler
On 2/16/2023 at 10:39 AM, Euterpe said:
fifth-harmony-ally-brooke.gif

For the theme, the only focus was on lyrics, so keep this in mind.

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Lucky#17  @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Dessy @Alena

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - Halley's Comet

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? I like that it kind of reminds me a lullaby, but I don’t like that the song doesn’t really go anywhere; it’s pretty stagnant.

Björk - All Is Full Of Love

Fitting? It’s an interesting take on closing yourself off to love in general, but it’s about love, so it fits. Do I like it? I wasn’t a fan of the first half, but I liked the second half.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You

Fitting? For the most part, I feel like it fits the theme. Do I like it? It’s cute. I wouldn’t listen to it again, but it’s not bad.

Charli XCX - ILY2

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Yes, I do!

Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man

Fitting? This is midway, because it veers on possessiveness rather than about her being really in love with the person. Do I like it? It’s still a decent song; I like it enough.

Demi Lovato - My Love Is Like a Star

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Yeah, she can sing very well.

Doja Cat - Say So

Fitting? While there is a half chorus mentioning and being about love, the rest of the song is more about sex or the guy wanting to have sex with her, so I don’t think this completely fits the bill. Do I like it? Yes, it’s a classic.

Esperanza Spalding - Crowned & Kissed

Fitting? For the most part, though I do question whether love in this sense means making love, but with the king and queen metaphors, it could be love in the sense of the round, but it’s hard to tell. Do I like it? I like it, but I wish she changed her higher notes throughout the song to be an octave lower, because it would’ve sounded better that way.

FKA twigs - thank you song

Fitting? Yes, the repeated lines of the other person caring about her make it clear with the combined love lines. Do I like it? I really enjoyed the verses, but wasn’t a big fan of how the chorus and bridges were composed.

Foxes - Amazing

Fitting? This song was not as clear as I wanted it to be for the challenge, unfortunately. Do I like it? I actually really enjoyed this!

Kesha - Your Love Is My Drug

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s fun; the beginning of the bridge is the best part.

Miley Cyrus - Adore You

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Yes!

P!nk - Love Is Such a Crazy Thing

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? I like it in a throwback kind of way.

Shygirl - Wildfire

Fitting? I can see where the essence for the challenge is, but it’s not as clear and stated regarding love as I would have liked. Do I like it? I liked this a lot.

Solange - Crush 

Fitting? For the most part, yes. Do I like it? This was really cute; I liked listening to it.

Usher - My Boo

Fitting? I liked the fact that this took me through a whole story, and I think it’s a good example of a song being about love and not needing the word to justify it like a couple other songs out there. Alicia being on the song didn’t take away that Usher sang those lyrics, so I don’t see that being a knock. Do I like it? Yes, I do like this classic.

Yerin Baek - lovelovelove

Fitting? Yes, I’d say so. Do I like it? This is such a wedding song, so I kind of like it, but I’m also meh.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:40 AM, Sanguine said:

ROUND FIVE CRITIQUES

Almost all of the songs fit well so I didn't have much to say heh

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - Halley's Comet: Fits pretty well. Song is a highlight on HTE!

Björk - All Is Full Of Love: The lyrics to this are really beautiful and fit the theme perfectly. The single edit is the one on the playlist, not sure if that was intentional but it's better than the original jhfgfh so yay for that! Pretty song, her vocals on it are gorgeous

Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You: Solid pick, over half of her discog would prob fit the theme lol but I think this was one of your best options regardless. A good song too but not a discography high or anything, wears thin after too many listens

Charli XCX - ILY2: Explicit and straightforward, I like the perspective too. Also an underrated bop! Love the production

Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man: Explicit and straightforward [2] + banger alert! 

Demi Lovato - My Love Is Like a Star: A more melancholic approach here but it works and I like that about it. There are elements to this I enjoy but overall meh on it

Doja Cat - Say So: This seems more like she's frustrated with her lover than anything tbh. Song is cute, always found it a bit overrated but the production is really smooth and the rap verse hits

Esperanza Spalding - Crowned & Kissed: Yeah this is also a pretty direct one. Song's nice, has a nostalgic feeling to it

FKA twigs - thank you song: I like this approach a lot, being thankful for someone rather than infatuated with them. It's good, especially the chorus

Foxes - Amazing: Works for me, may not be SUPER specific about the affection of love but overall it's clearly got joy and excitement for this person in the lyrics so I wouldn't say it's overly vague. A big bop too

Kesha - Your Love Is My Drug: No notes for this classic choice!

Miley Cyrus - Adore You: Obvious one since the entire song is basically her worshipping this guy. Loved this more when it came out but it's still lovely!

P!nk - Love Is Such a Crazy Thing: Pretty direct fit [86] song is kinda cute

Shygirl - Wildfire: It's rare to hear a more vulnerable song from her like this, again it fits the theme. Great song, loooove the hook and atmosphere

Solange - Crush: Another obvious fit lol sorry I don't have much to say for most of these! I like it too but feels a smidge dated

Usher - My Boo: Hmm... a little different than the other entries, I think it's still pretty good? Not sure if it's really "happy love" but I do like the thematics of "we're not together anymore but we've still got some love for each other." Song is a classic

Yerin Baek - lovelovelove: Like Demi's there's a hint of gloominess but that aspect makes the entry work in a way too. Can't say I loved this though :(

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Lucky#17  @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Dessy @Alena

On 2/17/2023 at 12:36 PM, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - Halley's Comet: Decent theme fit. Was a bit bored by this song overall but the middle portion of the song was fine. 

Björk - All Is Full Of Love: Good fit. Dead ass classic right here. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You: It's def happy/love vibe. I remember when this & no drug were released together. Always preferred this one! 

Charli XCX - ILY2: Yeah I get this choice. I think the production saves this song from being generic. 

Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man: I can see this being dedicated to a valentine I suppose & it's memorable for the most part. 

Demi Lovato - My Love Is Like a Star: Never heard this before but I like it for this round. 

Doja Cat - Say So: I don't think this is a great love song fit really. Quality wise not bad but overplayed. 

Esperanza Spalding - Crowned & Kissed: From the title alone, I figured it's appropriate for the round theme wise. Song wise she's good here vocally. Production is a little iffy though. 

FKA twigs - thank you song: I think it's a good enough fit for this round considering the limited options she had. Song wise I never really paid much attention to this song last year, but it's hitting here now. 

Foxes - Amazing: It sounds happy and it's about love so it fits the bill. I kinda like it for this round.  

Kesha - Your Love Is My Drug: About time you used her classics that's on topic. Let me reward. 

Miley Cyrus - Adore You: Haven't heard this in such a while. Never really cared for it as a song but it's a valentine fit for sure. 

P!nk - Love Is Such a Crazy Thing: Good song for this round. 

Shygirl - Wildfire: An interesting approach. I was worried for her this round but this is lyrically her most on theme for the round. I wish it sounded more happy but song wise it's great. 

Solange - Crush: It's as people say, cute. The song itself is fine. 

Usher - My Boo: Another classic alert. Not too on the nose either. 

Yerin Baek - lovelovelove: It fits. Think this song was a little too slow/loungey for my taste.

judge entry:

best I could come up with :rip: 

On 2/17/2023 at 7:55 PM, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Reveal hidden contents

Love the song, it's quite romantic and that's good enough for me x

Another lovely song, it is not as quite direct as the some of the songs here but I get it.

Bubblier than the previous two but that had always been her songs' charm. Very cute choice!

Charli XCX - ILY2

Another cute song, kinda forgot about it actually but we're bopping again.

Pulling out the big guns this round, this song had always been a fave of mine. 

I mean yeah sure the song does have that romantic feel and I did quite enjoy the song.

Doja Cat - Say So

Not really sure if it fit the theme but hey I still bopped to it x

I really liked this tbh, it's very sweet. Something about is very charming to me.

I like that it's something different. Maybe I need more time with the chorus but the song's nice overall.

Foxes - Amazing

Yes it's not as direct as some other songs here but you feel that she's talking about someone here. I really like the song a lot.

Well, let's give you your deserved flowers for sending this classic x

Miley Cyrus - Adore You

Yes it's very much fitting, not as crazy about it now as before but it's still good. 

This does give 90s girl group rnb vibes. I quite liked it. 

Shygirl - Wildfire

Lyrically, it did fit the theme. The vibes tho are different than most of the entries here. That could be a good thing.

Solange - Crush 

I mean everyone else had said it, it was cute. A dose of cuteness cant and wont harm anyone.

Usher - My Boo

Yes we love storytelling! Loved this as a kid, love it until now. 

I mean it's a pretty song, just a lil bit too somber at times. 

On 2/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, Element said:

99934528a2873344da975226a2622db0ebf8e335c62bf77ecf2bb8b86e56de3c17e4f00b36d258a172f7a57d00a614500e62b7ad3009ac389d6975d8

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

stream Love I'm Given x

Reveal hidden contents

Thematically, a pretty good choice if not a bit sparse lyrically. For me, this song is not super engaging until the last verse.

HOLD AWN i really really enjoyed this!! It had such a refreshing balance of ethereal yet intense. The melody was so beautiful! Great choice and perfect fit for the theme.

Mega bop! I think this is pretty high up in my Carly rankings actually. And of course a perfect, euphoric example for the theme!

Charli XCX - ILY2
Overall, I liked this!! Very catchy hook and the production was fun. Theme = slayed.

I feel like this was a fun way to show the theme: sharing your excitement and love with other people. Definitely a classic that I enjoy. Nice choice!

Wow, I remember vibing a lot to this back in 2011! She had some great songs on this album. I would say that I mostly am still enjoying it, but a lot of these other contestants are bringing their A game this round.

Doja Cat - Say So
I feel like this entry is more flirtatious and playful than it is about love?? It has some elements of the theme for sure but it feels a bit off. It’s a mega bop ofc (although I think the radio overexposure kind of watered it down for me).

I think this is pretty solid for the theme. I feel like I enjoy this song, but maybe more in the context of a movie scene.

A pretty song and it works so well as an album closer! Interesting take on the theme, but I think it works.

Foxes - Amazing
Hmmm… IDK if I am buying this for the theme. I see where the interpretation could be coming from, but it almost feels more like she’s at the initial phase. The potential is there for love, but it’s not fully realized. I enjoyed the song a lot though! It’s very lovely and poppy.

Consumed.

Miley Cyrus - Adore You
When I clicked play on this, I was thinking oh yeah this song was kind of boring way back when (but still nice)… and I am here now…. to say… that it actually is lovely. I was enjoying the atmosphere quite a bit! Thematically strong too.

Okayyyyyy whatever Hiccup wasn’t doing for me, this song IS! Loved the distorted Y2K production. Chorus melody was good too. Thematically successful — great job.

Shygirl - Wildfire
I think this fits decently. It has a few references to not knowing the person/just flirting at the beginning, so it’s not as strong an example as others. Did I enjoy it?…. It was only ok for me.

Solange - Crush
This entry is good for the theme but I do find that it focuses a bit more on flirting and the initial phases of a potential romance. IDK if I get true love out of it, but it’s on the border. I was absolutely bopping though. Love the production and her voice fits so nicely!

Usher - My Boo
The perspective is definitely unique. I think overall it works pretty well still. Enjoyable.

This fits the theme for sure! I liked it but it did get a bit boring at times.

NPrewYs.png 

RESULTS

Spoiler

On 2/18/2023 at 10:06 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

first up, i would like to invite Esperanza Spalding and FKA twigs to the stage

after the most impressive sing-off last round, the judges couldn't let you go

and now one of you will move on to the next round while the other will sadly say goodbye with 17th place

it's time...

in 15th place... and ELIMINATED

with the average of 8.1

Reveal hidden contents

Esperanza Spalding with Crowned & Kissed!

@ATRL Username

that means... i'm sorry Esperanza Spalding, but your time in Diversity 5 is up :emofish:
you are the act that i'm most interested in since i've always loved unconditional love
so seeing you apply as her made me so happy. i'm sorry you only finished in 17th place
but i'm sure you left such an impact for sure. thank you for showcasing JAZZ music
and please apply again next season :heart2: thanks for playing!

Reveal hidden contents

@Touch It FKA twigs.. you can go to the back of the stage
you have survived the tiebreaker.

On 2/18/2023 at 10:10 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 12th place...

with the average of 8.2

Reveal hidden contents

Shygirl with Wildfire!

@minho

congrats!!!

in 11th place...

with the average of 8.46

Reveal hidden contents

Solange with Crush!

congrats!!!

On 2/18/2023 at 10:14 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 10th place...

with the average of 8.52

Reveal hidden contents

Demi Lovato with My Love Is Like a Star!

@Noah

congrats!!!

in 9th place...

with the average of 8.64

Reveal hidden contents

FKA twigs with thank you song!

congrats!!!

On 2/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 8th place...

with the average of 8.72

Reveal hidden contents

P!nk with Love Is Such a Crazy Thing!

@Rotunda

congrats!!!

in 7th place...

with the average of 8.76

Reveal hidden contents

Usher with My Boo!

congrats!!!

On 2/18/2023 at 10:21 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 6th place...

with the average of 8.76

Reveal hidden contents

Carly Rae Jepsen with Now That I Found You!

@Staryu

congrats!!!

in 5th place...

with the average of 8.86

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with Adore You!

congrats!!! we stan the run!

On 2/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 4th place...

with the average of 8.86

Reveal hidden contents

Christina Aguilera with Ain't No Other Man!

@Auburn

congrats!!!

On 2/18/2023 at 10:31 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 9.14

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with All is Full Of Love!

@CBC

congrats!!! the comeback :clap3:

in 2nd place...

with the average of 9.4

Reveal hidden contents

Charli XCX with ILY2!

congrats!!! the back-to-back slaying, WOWWWW

On 2/18/2023 at 10:36 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.8

Reveal hidden contents

Kesha with Your Love Is My Drug!

@Lucky#17

congrats!!! FINALLY!

On 2/18/2023 at 10:45 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

with the average of 8.14

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish with Halley's Comet!

@K$Ellie

with the average of 8.14

Reveal hidden contents

Foxes with Amazing!

in 16th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 7.88

Reveal hidden contents

Yerin Baek with lovelovelove!

@Alena

in 17th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 6.4

Reveal hidden contents

Doja Cat with Say So!

@EscapismRoars

Ugh kinda mad that me and KSEllie wouldve made it if the other person didnt get eliminated :biblio:

honestly we're so unlucky

21 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Ugh kinda mad that me and KSEllie wouldve made it if the other person didnt get eliminated :biblio:

honestly we're so unlucky

if miss esperanza got eliminated last round, both of you would still be in the bottom i fear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.