Drag Race Belgique | Season 2 | Belgique's new drag superstar is...

genetic fail

• ATRL Moderator

Boring Snatch Game for a boring season :)

I kind of liked Valenciaga, in part because I actually recognized who she was—I still don't know some of these girls and there are only 5 left :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragonfly

• NumbSoul

• Hector

• Hephaestus

Hmmm, idk. I feel like this season has lost me a bit.

I didn't think anyone really slayed the makeover this week. There were some cool ideas, but I just thought it was all a bit all over the place.

I agree with Athena winning. Her story was great and the look itself was solid.

Couenne... I mean, the idea was cool, but idk how it worked for the makeover. Ultimately, it was all done well, so I do think top was deserved.

I actually would've put Susan in the bottom over Boop... Boop's visual makeover and story made sense and was clean.

Susan was all over the place for me - the look and the story were messy imo.

As much as I love Peach, the folklore thing was not enough - the look was plain, the make-up job wasn't great, her wig was a mess... Not good.

The lipsync was good - probably the best one of the season. Boop gave a bit more variety though, so I agree with her winning.

Love Peach, she started off really strong and was snubbed a bit, but these last two weeks were a mess, so I think it was her time.

Next week's challenge looks cool, though I wish it wasn't another comedy challenge...

I hope think it might be Susan's time. The other three would make a lovely Top3.

I never look forward to the makeover challenge,

but Athena had one of my favourite concepts ever

and Couenne made a predictable clown look fun :clap3:

Peach had a good showing :heart2: #Athena&CouenneTop2

Athena NAILED IT with the storyline, deserved win :clap3: Susan deserved top 2 over Couenne, I didn't get mother and daughter vibes from hers at all. 

The lipsync was actually about even but glad Boop stayed :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

I don’t think there’s even been a queen to get as many unfair wins and saves as Couenne.  Her runway package is like, a joke.  :deadbanana:  Susan should win.  

Well, I actually disagree with the judging as well, but in the sense that I thought Susan should've been in the bottom :skull: 

Her speech was written nicely, but her delivery was so wooden and emotionless. Hers wasn't acted out as nicely as the others. 

Boop's speech was just as solid and delivered much better, so I would've made her safe.

And I actually thought this was a very deserved win for Couenne - her speech was emotional, funny, and different. She kinda stomped imo.

I don't wanna sound like a hater, but Susan really does not belong in the Top3 for me.

Her first (and only) win was a joke and Atena should've sent her home today.

Boop / Athena / Couenne would've been perfect, but oh well. 

I predict a Couenne win and I think it would be fair, but I also wouldn't be mad if Athena somehow snatched it. 

I liked all 4 of the speeches but understand why they chose the bottom 2. Susan deserved the win instead though, her runway was better than Couenne's.

Boop would have made a deserving final 3 queen,  but Athena did eat her up in the lipsync. 

Couenne or Athena for the win :clap3:

I like Susan, but I would've sent her home this week.

Athena and Couenne have been super consistent,

and Boop did well. (She even won the lipsynch to me)

It's clearly between Athena and Couenne at this point.

Whoever nails the next challenge deserves the crown.

• ATRL Moderator

I feel like Couenne has too much momentum going into the finale and is VERY likely to win :monkey: I'm just hoping she sucks at the choreo or something and Athena manages to take it.

I wonder who the judges are talking about in the preview saying "This is the finale runway, not the supermarket" :deadbanana4: Has to be Susan, right?

Overall, this season wasn't very good imo. I'm just glad I was able to watch at 2x speed on the WoW app :fan:

What's up with Boops "separate drag from politics?". Is she a right winger? Lmao

• ATRL Moderator

Omg, the Twitter engagements :deadbanana4: This season must be flopping 

Couenne is currently in the lead with 20 RTs and 93 likes.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:48 PM, madonnas said:

I don’t think there’s even been a queen to get as many unfair wins and saves as Couenne.  Her runway package is like, a joke.  :deadbanana:  Susan should win.  

Agreed, it's so weird. I mean she's a talented queen for sure, but the payola she's getting is too much :skull:

#TeamAthena by the way, although I really don't see anyone other than Couenne winning.

Thoughts on the finale:

To be quite honest I thought it was kinda boring and underwhelming.
All the talking was blah. The final number was ok. The runways were disappointing. The only amusing part was that the judges were actually being critical during a finale and I think they were right to do it. Susan's look was... :skull: 
And when Susan and Athena basically gave up in Untucked I was like... :rip: 

The final lipsync wasn't too bad (though their looks weren't helping).

Couenne's reveal was pretty cute - I liked the horns coming out for Demons a lot.

Congrats to Couenne :heart2: I know some of y'all don't see it for her like that, but imo she was the correct winner. Athena was the only other real contender, but she really did fizzle out a bit and then saying "I'm not gonna win" was the final nail in her coffin for me.

Overall it was an ok season.
I'm glad we have so much Drag Race around the world and I will watch all of them, but I don't think this season was one for the books. 

Edited by NumbSoul

Great winner and made total sense based on the finale. 

Spoiler

Susan had the best performance but shot herself in the foot with that final runway look.

Athena's performance had the lowest energy with a good final runway.

And Couenne did good in the performance with a great final runway and an even better lipsync. Once she recreated Sasha Velour's iconic petals reveal with those demon horns, it was game over for Athena at that point so a well deserved win for Couenne who was the frontrunner going into the finale. 

Mocca Bone's final runway was incredible :clap3:

Great season on the whole,  loved seeing Vanessa from Drag Race Holland as a judge :clap3:

I kinda like that Susan stayed true to her brand till the end

It's not like Athena and Couenne had revolutionary outfits :skull:

Loved the Angèle lipsynch; Good winner; Meh season

Geen beschrijving beschikbaar.

• ATRL Moderator

The male background vocals on the challenge song SENT me Daj7wql.gif It sounded SO cheap and bad, omg. And the final lipsync song choice was random af.

The judges' critique made the winner clear immediately :rip: The way the other two said they were gonna lose in Untucked :rip: Why did they even leave that in?

Anyway, they should axe Rita if this gets another season (though I'm not sure it needs one).

What a boring finale :skull:

Challenge was ok, everyone served in the lyrics department and the performance was serviceable. Runways were ok too, middle of the road with a couple of standouts (I'd say Mocca, Peach and Couenne). Susan's runway was atrocious, I'm actually gagged she thought that was they way to go especially for a finale eleganza extravaganza. I'm 100% sure she lost her top 2 spot just because of that.

They didn't even try to hide that Couenne was gonna get crowned, the critiques were crystal clear. It didn't help that both Athena and Susan basically gave up in Untucked so...

Lip sync was cute, both did well. I didn't enjoy Couenne recreating Sasha's S9 moment, it felt very reductive. The reveal would've had just as much impact without the feather because it already fit the song. Congratulations Couenne!

Vanessa gorgeous legend, Edna robbed icon!

I watched the first 3 episodes than skipped to the finale because I could barely get through the episodes. Bottom 3 seasons in the entire franchise for me.

predictable winner. Shocked Boop didn’t go to final 3. Blah- this wasn’t very good at all and I don’t dislike Rita but she’s a really boring host

4 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

This is over already? :skull:

Haha yes sis! A lot of the international seasons only have 8 episodes.

I guess it might seem crazy compared to the US seasons, which nowadays have like 16 episodes, but this is not that uncommon.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m gagged I thought this was a FLOP!

I stanned Couenne I’m glad she won 

22 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Renewed for S2, castings are open.

@genetic fail

Kind of a gag. Hope S2 is stronger and the cast serves a bit more!

• 3 months later...

I really liked this :clap3: Couenne slayed (except that makeover)

Mustii and Susan are so cute :smitten:

Edited by Almodusa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.