Will there ever be a way to stop or reverse aging?

IBeMe

Some scientists are saying it will be possible in a couple decades to reverse some aging in some organs of our bodies but I doubt it. 

Do you think there will ever be a way humans will find how to successfully stop or reverse aging? Not extend life per say but maybe just stop the physical aspects of aging like how when we get old our bones and muscles shrink and we get weaker, grey hair, tons of wrinkles, lack of collagen to support skin health, poor eye sight etc...

it be nice, but I doubt they do that, the population is bad enough

6 minutes ago, Thelightiscumin said:

Maybe Paris already have the answer 

spacer.png

She's clearly looks older at 39 years old. So she has aged

Reverse aging and immortality already exist but not in our species.  It's just a matter of if and when humans will be able to replicate the biological processing of these species. I think humans are more focused into humanising machines and digitalising humans though.

Edited by Kavish

Jeff Bezos recently invested billions into this

Im surprised more rich people haven’t been investing loads into this for a long time 

Duhhhh, definitely people will also live longer 

A matter of time BUT! I feel sm people would lose their job without people ummm aging

I even think resurrection (when body is ok) will be possible one day 

Edited by Henry Torres

People have to die, there’s limited space on this planet-It’s already too overly populated and not  enough resources to feed its people! 

However, I don’t even care if I look old, I just want to retain my youthful body so I can forever be a dancing butterfly, with wrinkles on my face and all. I want my vocal chord to stay youthful too so I can sound good forever! Therefore, I’m hopeful about it happening to a certain extend in the near future. 

Edited by Kh-Loud

Like I’m sorry it may sound like too much, but humans already live long. The mind also gets tired, I can not even imagine. No thx. 

I’m keen to naturally get older :smitten: 

Immortality is pretty much impossible but I would like to look 25 til I die lol I don’t wanna get old and ugly 

It all boils down to 3 things:

1. Telomere length (how we can extend that permanently, Telomeres are responsible for cell division and shorten through our lifespan until it enters senesence or cell death)

2. Our fight against Cancer (Treatments against cancer cells, because if telomeres are permanently long then the odds of cancer cell production increases exponentially.)

3. Our fight against neurodegeneration. (Once we solve the aging Telomere problem, the problem of neurodegeneration increases tenfold as well. We could have functioning brains but the longer they exist the chances of protein misfolding, plaques causing tau related pathologies Alzheimers, Parkinsons, dementia increases as well. Once we solve this we may no longer have to rely on Levadopa or any of our existing medications)

Source: M-1 student. But fact check me if I'm wrong.

meh, it’s gonna take a looooong time before that happens (if it does at all) 

Stopping the skin from aging? Yes. Organs? Impossible.

You can extend your telemeres by eating a healthy, heavily whole food, plant based diet and socializing/meditating

So you kind of can a little bit

I don’t see it benefiting society in the slightest. All of the worst people would clamor for it with their millions leaving the peasants left to rot naturally. Aging naturally would be seen as broke boy/girl energy. We’re already bad enough when it comes to status symbols. 

Yes. You won’t age in heaven. It may be a short or long wait for you.

9 hours ago, Distantconstellation said:

She's clearly looks older at 39 years old. So she has aged

What about this actress?

1 hour ago, Buffy said:

What about this actress?

She's beautiful and yes she hides it much better. Those are pics tho. It's easier to tell in person. Aging is not all about wrinkles tho. A 21 year old wrinkled guy will still look younger than a 50 year old guy with no wrinkles. 

2 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

She's beautiful and yes she hides it much better. Those are pics tho. It's easier to tell in person. Aging is not all about wrinkles tho. A 21 year old wrinkled guy will still look younger than a 50 year old guy with no wrinkles. 

I wouldn’t have been able to guess this guy is 50+…

spacer.png

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfoX6ZGJo4W/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcnO-vIJjII/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkImHMCL4up/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.