Miley Cyrus - 'Endless Summer Vacation'

despy

16 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I wish Wildcard was… finished and mixed properly. Had so much potential. I like most of Island but the chorus gives Phineas and Ferb song 

So much potential… it’s still one of my favorites despite the production

Andrew Watt would’ve made it a masterpiece

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miley Cyrus

• wish

• despy

• Walk_Away21

17 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Only deaf people could possibly dislike Headstand and River 

But didn’t you say she should’ve scrapped everything? It’s ok, babe, I’ve also been switching like a maggot! :giraffe:

18 minutes ago, rcksluke said:

Growers are way betta than a shower aren't they? :nicole:

That’s how I like MY musdic! 

18 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I see a trend in huge mainstream pop albums these days - Harry’s House, Midnights and now Endless Summer Vacay. The songs almost purposedly blend together. They’re anti-attention grabbing. Nobody’s gonna turn their head around when hearing any of these songs - which means nobody will skip them in a playlist either. It strives to work as “chill” background music that offends the least amount of people possible. It’s not too up-beat, but it’s not too slow either. It’s not really modern, and it’s not really retro, so as to appeal to the most people possible. I can’t say I like it. Can’t say I hate it either though. It’s just… Meh.

All those albums are very mid indeed

45 minutes ago, pika said:

Tried to get into the album, but it’s just not enjoyable. The only track I like is Island and it’s solely because the production and vocals aren’t overdoing it.

You’d think that after Flowers’ success that she’d understand less is more, but we’re getting clunky lyrics, weird mixing, and inconsistent vocal tones on nearly every track (‘You’ alone is just :rip:). It’s almost fake advertising to have Flowers be on here and the rest of the album is entirely different. If it isn’t Miley husking and shouting, it’s the production doing it for her.

In terms of release strategy, I still don’t think they made any mistakes. The ‘mysterious and quiet’ thing is fine, but the quality has to be there for it to work. Enough people know she has an album out for at least 1 song to go viral, or even a music video. But nobody cares to share/discuss it when there’s no songs to warrant that. The River video is also seizure-like with its editing and still her social posts aren’t being optimized (why do we still not have a regular TikTok of her just talking about or singing the music? These edited Disney+ clips and music video snippets don’t work on such a personal app).

PH was her catchiest album with a clear vision, simple lyrics, and clean production. The rock thing helped, but at the end of the day, people want easy songs with melodies they can remember. I really don’t understand how all of that got thrown out the window here.

These are my thoughts exactly!

I also don't understand the "no promo" thing. As if having the biggest song right now isn't enough.

I was so disappointed with the album but I'm glad some people are liking it!

3 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

But didn’t you say she should’ve scrapped everything? It’s ok, babe, I’ve also been switching like a maggot! :giraffe:

What? I said she should scrap everything after Violet Chemistry on the tracklist… like the songs that come after it :rip: 

This was a complete masterpiece until Muddy Feet and Wildcard came on. :redface:

19 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I see a trend in huge mainstream pop albums these days - Harry’s House, Midnights and now Endless Summer Vacay. The songs almost purposedly blend together. They’re anti-attention grabbing. Nobody’s gonna turn their head around when hearing any of these songs - which means nobody will skip them in a playlist either. It strives to work as “chill” background music that offends the least amount of people possible. It’s not too up-beat, but it’s not too slow either. It’s not really modern, and it’s not really retro, so as to appeal to the most people possible. I can’t say I like it. Can’t say I hate it either though. It’s just… Meh.

I agree with everything you said except I think I hate it

I would rather experience something loud and in-my-face and obnoxious

I like the album, very melow independent self worth late summer evening vibes...BUT..i coulda used 2 or 3 tracks that felt more like a summer vibe tbh.

7/10

River is a HIT

5 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm sadly disappointed in the album, like majorly. 

I think the only track I like is Jaded and MAYBE Rose Colored Glasses

I'm just on track 9 though

Kelly Rowland's most underrated masterpiece. :jonny5: 

Let me re-stream it. :jonnycat:

1 minute ago, Cain said:

All those albums are very mid indeed

Those other 2 were actually good as much as users here like to act like they're not.

they actually clicked with people because while yes they have a theme and a similar mood throughout, it was actually delivered well. This album wasn't.

The production is off, the vocal mixing (which was great on midnights and Harry's house) is off and the lyrics are kinda bland. Those 2 albums actually show that this vibe can be pulled off well which I don't think ESV was successful at but it is still a solid album 

Imagine thinking this is better than Plastic Hearts :toofunny2: This is inconsistent sonically and the production/mixing is half assed in plenty of songs. Flowers within this album giving catfishing. Like said above, PH had a clear version and each song was more consistent with it's delivery, I fail to see how it's not better than this.

4 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

River is a HIT

It's actually the best song of the album. So good. :jonnycat:

Also River is an awful single choice, I like it but Jaded and Rose seem way more hit friendly.

how did she release this but decided not to release she is miley cyrus ?????

literally makes no sense

all of the songs from that EP and the leaked tracks are pretty much superior in every way 

I wonder if she's smoking weed again because this album is hella stoner vibes 

The fact that Taste of My Own shits on this album minus like... one song. :toofunny3:

River is such a BANGER mygod I think a good Clear Channel deal will shove this down the public's throat they become eventually obsessed, its the kinda song you play like thrice to start getting the appeal of.

Probably deserves to be a top 3 smash, Jaded should be THE midtempo smash tho!

21 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

What? I said she should scrap everything after Violet Chemistry on the tracklist… like the songs that come after it :rip: 

Oops I thought you said EVERYTHING but VC, my bad. You’re free to go! Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

6 minutes ago, Raw Honey said:

The fact that Taste of My Own shits on this album minus like... one song. :toofunny3:

No offense but are you deaf

cleaners12ilsry.gif

Y’all can say the album sucks but to say it’s incohesive? Huh? Where? The vibe stays true and consistent throughout (aside from Musty Feet, but every Miley album needs at least ONE dud, it’s her signature). The album from start to finish is a breezy, vibey, beachy experience.

alright giving this a first listen now cause i'm bored and have been TRYING to nap for like 2 hours but now it's almost 8 pm so let's get into it

1 minute ago, Walk_Away21 said:

No offense but are you deaf

cleaners12ilsry.gif

I am now after listening to the putrid tracks like You, Thousand Miles, Wildcard etc

spacer.png

The album is slightly growing on me, River and Jaded are the standouts