The Taylor Swift Discography Rate || Winner Revealed!

Is Sad Boring Tragic still not out? 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Klein

• By the Water

6 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

— “Fifteen” - A simple yet highly effective cut that vividly encapsulates the experience of an American high schooler, all while introducing Redheadnamedabigail to the TSCU. Sure, she would go on to write more maturely constructed songs, but that’s the point — good writing captures the specific place and moment the writer is at in life. No one has ever written a more effective song from the perspective of a 15-year-old (IMO).

— “Mastermind” - A unique love song that somehow weaves a love story in with an analysis of her personality / professional quirks that trace back to her childhood. Completely original storyline that truly summarizes Tay as a writer and person, all while effortlessly working in the word “Machiavellian” (even Mariah Thesaurus Carey couldn’t). A songwriting masterclass, honestly.

Taste:clap3:and points made which is very rare to read in the rate :thing:

4 hours ago, Peroxide said:

The "why the hell have they lasted this long group"

Forever Winter

False God

Seven

Hoax

Cowboy Like Me

Evermore

The "I like you but not enough for top 50 group"

Treacherous

Peace

Baboon

Top tier songs and all should be top 40

30 minutes ago, Tusk said:

cowboy like me will be top 10 with my 11. :clap3:

tent like thing supreme :rockon:

i give it an 11 as well, straight to top 10 it goes :clap3:

48 minutes ago, Tusk said:

cowboy like me will be top 10 with my 11. :clap3:

tent like thing supreme :rockon:

Not if my 4 has anything to say about it :gaycat4:

18 minutes ago, Navy4Life said:

Not if my 4 has anything to say about it :gaycat4:

I gave it a 7.2... should have slapped it with a 3.

Not me opening the thread to Cowboy Like GOD hate :biblio:
I swear if ANY MIDnights  song is above that cause of recency bias :biblio:

14 hours ago, 4Real said:

Atp i'm just waiting for coney island to be eliminated

5ka7xj.png

same, hope my 0 worked… 

25 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I gave it a 7.2... should have slapped it with a 3.

Yeah I should’ve sabotaged it. 

i just KNOW the girlies will be mad when cowboy like me ends up on top 10 :fan:

Not cowboy like me and coney island slander on the same page, WHEN READY FOR IT IS STILL IN :deadbanana4:

47 minutes ago, Klein said:

Not cowboy like me and coney island slander on the same page, WHEN READY FOR IT IS STILL IN :deadbanana4:

I really thought Ready For **** would be out round one and not in the top 85 :gaycat4:

9 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I really thought Ready For **** would be out round one and not in the top 85 :gaycat4:

It's a mystery to me how that song is still in :biblionny:

seems it's too many new success stans. Tim McGraw deserves a residency in her top 20. a CLASSIC taylor and nathan and liz rose collab.

Edited by sparrowblue

7 hours ago, Peroxide said:

Story telling aside, I just find it incredibly dull...

5 hours ago, Navy4Life said:

Cowboy Like Me stans choosing that snooze to fight everyone about nnnn 

spill. we need to get cowsh*t like me ouT hopefully today:gaycat1:

Edited by BloodLuster

The Cowboy Like Me boredom allegations always fascinate me. Like, we are talking about the girl who made songs like Dear John and Last Kiss - high energy isn't exactly necessary for a Taylor song to be excellent, and Cowboy Like Me is indeed excellent!

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

The Cowboy Like Me boredom allegations always fascinate me. Like, we are talking about the girl who made songs like Dear John and Last Kiss - high energy isn't exactly necessary for a Taylor song to be excellent, and Cowboy Like Me is indeed excellent!

She has plenty of slow songs that are gorgeous (epiphany, my tears ricochet, happiness, ciwyw etc.) and clm is not one of them. 

9 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Dear John and Last Kiss are gorgeous songs… I love both of them.

I remember playing Last Kiss on the bus ride home after a guy dumped me and let me tell you, I was sobbing my heart out next to some poor old lady :gaycat6:

I think you have to enjoy slower songs if you want to fully embrace Taylor’s catalogue and call yourself a fan… but that doesn’t mean all of her slower songs are good.

I adore most of Folkmore but CLM just never clicked… it’s interesting to see it’s a track people feel so strongly about.

6 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Dear John and Last Kiss are gorgeous songs… I love both of them.

I remember playing Last Kiss on the bus ride home after a guy dumped me and let me tell you, I was sobbing my heart out next to some poor old lady :gaycat6:

I think you have to enjoy slower songs if you want to fully embrace Taylor’s catalogue and call yourself a fan… but that doesn’t mean all of her slower songs are good.

I adore most of Folkmore but CLM just never clicked… it’s interesting to see it’s a track people feel so strongly about.

What's interesting to me about what we're seeing during this rate is that I actually didn't know there were many fans at all who didn't like tracks like Cowboy Like Me, and the same thing happened when State Of Grace's acoustic version was booted early with similar notes about it being boring or a chore. It's fascinating, because not only do I absolutely love both, but I also thought most of us were on the same page about them! There's a bit more diversity of thought in the Taylor listener base than I had thought, I suppose, and I already knew there were some sharp divides between groups (especially in regards to pop Taylor versus her other manifestations). Very interesting.

17 hours ago, 1989 said:
KL9yGAM.jpg

90. I Know Places - 7.469

Stans(11): Miles., 

Lovers(10): TMRA, Sanguine, SleepingTigers, creativity., a_d_22, MardinBeksloy, JoanneActII, inshadesofcool, Mr. Duff, wastedpotential, Holy Ground, Quicksand,

Haters(1): feelslikeadream, Taylor fanboy,

Haters(0): jacklovesyou1

Comments:

wastedpotential: Every few months I go on my ‘I Know Places should’ve been the sixth single’ crusade because this is another flawless pop smash waiting to happen. The ‘iiiiiiii’ vocal run in the chorus is incredibly catchy, the little intricate production details add so much character, and this is one of her most interesting melodic patterns, plus the yelled ‘and we run’ at the end of the second verse is such a standout.

luckythisway: Never got the hype for this song don’t attack me 

Fifteen: my fav song here

Miles.: top 2 and it ain't number two

I-

I-

I-

I was so shook by this last night that I had to step away.  This is pop perfection.  This is masterful songwriting, intricate and meticulous and smooth and exciting.  The production is spectacular, and the extended metaphor is brilliant.  This is my favorite Taylor song ever.  This is the song that made me appreciate just how brilliant she is.

I knew it wouldn't be much higher than top 50 because y'all are TASTELESS, but #90!?  90!?  Oh the injustice.  Taylor gives us these iconic masterpieces and y'all just throw them in the trash.  Vile.  Despicable.  Disgraceful.  Heinous.  Ungrateful.  EVIL.  This rate is CURSED!

And then I return this morning, hoping to see that at least some trash might have been taken out alongside it, but instead y'all punched The Last Time, IKYWT, and WONDERLAND!?!?  The darksided energy just got darker.

Imagine ranking "Karma is a cat, purring in my lap cuz it loves me... Karma is a bounty hunter..." higher than IKP and Wonderland.  I'm contacting a mental asylum and having ALL YALL committed!

As retribution, I demand all L0SER tracks (except Corona Summer) OUT back to back NOW.

UGH!

Okay guys, today and tomorrow I won’t be able to post long reveals because I have some personal obligations, so I can either do two short (I mean short) reveals today and tomorrow and a long one Saturday, or two long ones Saturday and Sunday. Which would you all prefer? 

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

What's interesting to me about what we're seeing during this rate is that I actually didn't know there were many fans at all who didn't like tracks like Cowboy Like Me, and the same thing happened when State Of Grace's acoustic version was booted early with similar notes about it being boring or a chore. It's fascinating, because not only do I absolutely love both, but I also thought most of us were on the same page about them! There's a bit more diversity of thought in the Taylor listener base than I had thought, I suppose, and I already knew there were some sharp divides between groups (especially in regards to pop Taylor versus her other manifestations). Very interesting.

I completely get that.

I think it goes hand in hand with Taylor having so many (good) songs… I mean compared to girls like Gaga, Katy, Beyoncé her catalogue feels enormous - there’s much, much more to choose from.

With the exception of songs like All Too Well or Enchanted, I think everyone’s top 10 will look incredibly different and honestly, that’s probably a good thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.