Kevin McCarthy elected Speaker of the House after 14 losses

slik

4 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Why do the Trumpers hate him? I don't get it.

They think he's part of the "establishment" because he didn't 100% fully grovel on the floor in subservience to Trump.

He only did so 99%.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Kassi

• Bears01

• suburbannature

gaetz said he'd resign if the democrats backed down and switched to mccarthy. 

it was the no-no republicans who finally backed down.

19 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

They think he's part of the "establishment" because he didn't 100% fully grovel on the floor in subservience to Trump.

He only did so 99%.

No. It's because he's equally as loyal to KStreet and Wall Street donors as Pelosi is. They were bucking Trump's endorsement for a while. You people don't understand populists at all.

Establishment hacks like McCarthy and Pelosi should be barred from leadership, not elevated.

9 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

No. It's because he's equally as loyal to KStreet and Wall Street donors as Pelosi is. They were bucking Trump's endorsement for a while. You people don't understand populists at all.

Establishment hacks like McCarthy and Pelosi should be barred from leadership, not elevated.

That’s partially true, but MAGA is insane and has been sending out wrongful tweets in masse naming a bunch of liberal bills saying McCarthy voted for them when he never did :deadbanana2: I’ve been hearing them call him a RINO constantly. 

If MAGA voters hated wall st sellouts so much, they wouldn’t support anybody in the party, at all, including Trump :rip:

9 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

That’s partially true, but MAGA is insane and has been sending out wrongful tweets in masse naming a bunch of liberal bills saying McCarthy voted for them when he never did :deadbanana2: I’ve been hearing them call him a RINO constantly. 

If MAGA voters hated wall st sellouts so much, they wouldn’t support anybody in the party, at all, including Trump :rip:

MAGA is insane, true. But Blue MAGA is too, with their Russiagate conspiracy nonsense that to this day hasn't gone away. And none of that changes the true policy concerns that some people have with McCarthy and McConnell. Calling them RINOs is...  misguided at best, just as much as calling Manchin a DINO would be (since there's nothing more Democrat than obstructing policies that would actually help people). Those people haven't wised up to the fact that neither party is there for them, and attach themselves to Republicans purely out of hatred for the Democrats who are equally beholden to KStreet.

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

MAGA is insane, true. But Blue MAGA is too, with their Russiagate conspiracy nonsense that to this day hasn't gone away. And none of that changes the true policy concerns that some people have with McCarthy and McConnell. Calling them RINOs is...  misguided at best, just as much as calling Manchin a DINO would be (since there's nothing more Democrat than obstructing policies that would actually help people). Those people haven't wised up to the fact that neither party is there for them, and attach themselves to Republicans purely out of hatred for the Democrats who are equally beholden to KStreet.

I do not disagree. I pray for the day we have a viable third party in this country that truly represents people and is not chained at the hip of Wall Street. 

I live in a district that just became a swing district after being reliably blue the last 94 years. I Today (finally) truly looked up my congressman’s record and it made me depressed that it’s either him or a MAGA lunatic and I don’t have much of an option. It’s sad that at this point I’m only voting for democrats to keep crazy out of office (and as a type 1 diabetic, the thought of my healthcare coverage being destroyed by the GOP is what scares me)

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

And you don't understand MAGA if you think they care about anything other than who will worship at the Trump alter. They don't even know what the "establishment" is. They think McCarthy didn't protect Trump enough and that's why they hate him. MAGAs do not care about policy, and they don't have actual concerns about anything other than who will be subservient to Trump. As someone who has gone so far left you've begun to push the same narratives right wingers do, you should know that.

There's no such thing as "Blue MAGA" no matter how many times you try to equate the left to the right. There are no Dems who blindly worship Dem leaders to the point that they'll storm the Capitol, refuse to get vaccines, or deny an election. There are, however, establishment Dems who get nothing done and stick to the status quo even if it means not helping anyone, but they're not actively advancing anti-queer, anti-immigrant, anti-anyone-who-isn't-white-heterosexual-christian narratives. We get it, you have to equate the Dems to MAGA in order to justify your ignorant far-left policies, but it's fake and silly. 

8 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I do not disagree. I pray for the day we have a viable third party in this country that truly represents people and is not chained at the hip of Wall Street. 

I live in a district that just became a swing district after being reliably blue the last 94 years. I Today (finally) truly looked up my congressman’s record and it made me depressed that it’s either him or a MAGA lunatic and I don’t have much of an option. It’s sad that at this point I’m only voting for democrats to keep crazy out of office (and as a type 1 diabetic, the thought of my healthcare coverage being destroyed by the GOP is what scares me)

Oh, I looked up my Dem congressman one time and even though he's relatively obscure, he's pretty corrupt. He got caught funneling Congressional Black Caucus scholarship money to family members and almost lost his seat (that hasn't been held by a Republican since 1875) in the Red Tsunami of 2010 as a result. :rip: 

I’m so confused on wtf just happened how did he lose 14 times and get elected on the 15th time

Edited by FreeXone

14 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

And you don't understand MAGA if you think they care about anything other than who will worship at the Trump alter. They don't even know what the "establishment" is. They think McCarthy didn't protect Trump enough and that's why they hate him. MAGAs do not care about policy, and they don't have actual concerns about anything other than who will be subservient to Trump. As someone who has gone so far left you've begun to push the same narratives right wingers do, you should know that.

There's no such thing as "Blue MAGA" no matter how many times you try to equate the left to the right. There are no Dems who blindly worship Dem leaders to the point that they'll storm the Capitol, refuse to get vaccines, or deny an election. There are, however, establishment Dems who get nothing done and stick to the status quo even if it means not helping anyone, but they're not actively advancing anti-queer, anti-immigrant, anti-anyone-who-isn't-white-heterosexual-christian narratives. We get it, you have to equate the Dems to MAGA in order to justify your ignorant far-left policies, but it's fake and silly. 

Okay, Anthagio. Here's the thing: Russiagate was liberals' own brand of election denial conspiracy that they cooked up because they didn't want to accept the reality that they made a bad choice when nominating the ultra-flawed, unelectable Hillary Clinton for the presidency. They didn't want to accept that maybe, just maybe... their track record of neoliberal policies at home and bombing countries in the Middle East under her husband and Obama weren't actually inspiring, especially when her campaign message equated to being another four years of Obama, who sold everyone a false campaign of hope and change only to go back on his word and leave everyone destitute and in despair.

Healthcare? We got a watered-down Romney plan to entice Republicans to vote for it and didn't get a single one. So we got a garbage Romneycare plan that still leaves millions uninsured, and has resulted in healthcare being the most expensive and ineffective in the world, leading to lowered life expectancy.

Minimum wage? Hasn't risen since Bush.

Warfare? Got mired in Libya and turned it into a slave market. Went BACK into Iraq and stayed in Afghanistan.

Economic crisis? Bailed out the billionaires that caused the global recession and left everyone else to rot.

They wanted to justify Hillary's loss as being the fault of Putin, who supposedly bankrolled Trump and blackmailed him with pee tapes. Rachel Maddow spent years on this story just so that Democrats could say that the problem wasn't that they lost voters for being too conservative with their candidates. So that voters wouldn't think about her loss and go "Maybe we should have gone with Bernie instead." So that voters would rush to the safety of a candidate who was even further to the right than any they'd ever nominated before.

So the rightwing caucus of the GOP won concessions and flexed their muscle, meanwhile the so called center left “progressive” caucus didn’t so much as flinch two years ago to try and pull the Dems left. And worse the defenders of “progressives” swore that the outcome would be a GOP speaker when this was not the case. Y’all who think this is “bad governance” or “optics” on the GOP’s part are missing the point entirely. This is intentional. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Okay, Anthagio. Here's the thing: Russiagate was liberals' own brand of election denial conspiracy that they cooked up because they didn't want to accept the reality that they made a bad choice when nominating the ultra-flawed, unelectable Hillary Clinton for the presidency. They didn't want to accept that maybe, just maybe... their track record of neoliberal policies at home and bombing countries in the Middle East under her husband and Obama weren't actually inspiring, especially when her campaign message equated to being another four years of Obama, who sold everyone a false campaign of hope and change only to go back on his word and leave everyone destitute and in despair.

Healthcare? We got a watered-down Romney plan to entice Republicans to vote for it and didn't get a single one. So we got a garbage Romneycare plan that still leaves millions uninsured, and has resulted in healthcare being the most expensive and ineffective in the world, leading to lowered life expectancy.

Minimum wage? Hasn't risen since Bush.

Warfare? Got mired in Libya and turned it into a slave market. Went BACK into Iraq and stayed in Afghanistan.

Economic crisis? Bailed out the billionaires that caused the global recession and left everyone else to rot.

They wanted to justify Hillary's loss as being the fault of Putin, who supposedly bankrolled Trump and blackmailed him with pee tapes. Rachel Maddow spent years on this story just so that Democrats could say that the problem wasn't that they lost voters for being too conservative with their candidates. So that voters wouldn't think about her loss and go "Maybe we should have gone with Bernie instead." So that voters would rush to the safety of a candidate who was even further to the right than any they'd ever nominated before.

You cannot seriously be calling the Russia investigation, which led to dozens of arrests and implicated Tr*mp... Equivalent to the election denial conspriacy on the far right... This is straight up looney. :redface:

Edited by Miss Show Business

5 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

No one was surprised by this.

Serving up and coming artist releasing 15 singles in 15 different genres until one of them finally sticks. :clap3:

This was so entertaining :ahh: luv it, Republicans you are doing amazing with this!! More lunatics like Matt and Lauren pls, they establishment Republicans lashing them as well :dies:

3 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

You cannot seriously be calling the Russia investigation, which led to dozens of arrests and implicated Tr*mp... Equivalent to the election denial conspriacy on the far right... This is straight up looney. :redface:

That user loves Russia :skull: 

OT: Republicans are losers

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

That user loves Russia :skull: 

OT: Republicans are losers

How do my comments have anything to do with loving Russia? I’ve said many times that their invasion of your country is illegal and bad in every way, shape, and form.

Honestly you people need to start getting WP for straight up lying about people and saying they’re pro-Russia, Putin agents, etc. It gets really ******* old.

This was certainly something. Either way honestly just as expected from the House once Republicans took it, all it really mostly means is nothing will get done these 2 years without owning the Senate. If anything, substantial is done from both chambers together that isn't the bare minimum I would be shocked. Honestly all I can mostly ask for the next 2 years is that Republicans make themselves look as bad as possible with this awful functioning house that it leads Dems to taking it back in 2024. The Senate is now going to be an uphill battle in 2024 with way more seats open being more vulnerable dem ones than republican ones so that also sadly will be a problem even if the house is taken back. But maybe somehow seeing the republicans in the house will scare people away from them in senate seats too. 

And for the more fringe members of ATRL the bare minimum does not mean bending 100% completely to your entire demand list. Admit it or not Biden and congress got more done than a lot in a long time, even if it wasn't all we could dream of by any means. Which is better than we will have now. 

10 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Admit it or not Biden and congress got more done than a lot in a long time

"Getting stuff done" feels like a misnomer when the stuff getting done is a continuation of Trump policies.

:skull:

6 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

How do my comments have anything to do with loving Russia? I’ve said many times that their invasion of your country is illegal and bad in every way, shape, and form.

Honestly you people need to start getting WP for straight up lying about people and saying they’re pro-Russia, Putin agents, etc. It gets really ******* old.

You cannot seriously pretend this at this point :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.