Would you prefer stop eating pasta or stop eating rice forever ?

MoonGoodandHappy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• A.R.L

• lcylcy

• youreyesgocold

Pasta, easy.

I can go months without eating pasta. I can barely go a day without eating rice. :rip:

Bye pasta!

Pasta. I would never sacrifice mole con arroz for anything :bam:

Both are versatile in terms of the dishes one could make with pasta and rice, but pasta is less versatile - rice can be made into many more dish variations - plain white rice, fried rice with a variety of other ingredients, Central Asian pilaf, Japanese mochi and other rice cakes, rice pudding, rice flour can be a good subtitute.

Pasta has the same flavour and purpose, no matter the shape - to absorb sauces. 

So pasta can leave.

1 hour ago, Bencharmer said:

I found out most recipes calling for "rice" can work with pasta :chick1:

naur it's true, I had once some leftover takeaway Indian curry, ate that with some boiled pasta and it was just as good as it would've been with rice 

I prefer pasta but you can serve anything with rice so bye pasta

Pasta, easily. Sushi is my favorite food of all time that I treat myself to at least once a week so Ima need the rice to stick around. Plus rice is just more versatile in general. I was never a huge fan of pasta. 

I was thinking of getting rid of rice, but all the posts so far are making me reconsider. I grew up in the Midwest (WI/MN) and pasta is way more prevalent here. I love to cook and use both, but I would still get rid of rice just because I know so many good pasta recipies. 

1 hour ago, Champagne said:

I was thinking of getting rid of rice, but all the posts so far are making me reconsider. I grew up in the Midwest (WI/MN) and pasta is way more prevalent here. I love to cook and use both, but I would still get rid of rice just because I know so many good pasta recipies. 

Why were you thinking of getting rid of rice?

Just now, ANTIclimatic said:

Why were you thinking of getting rid of rice?

I just don't cook it enough compared to pasta on a daily basis. I enjoy both foods equally. I grew up on hearty pasta dishes, so that is what I'm more familiar with. I need to try making rice dishes more though. 

Pasta easily lol

Rice is a staple in pretty much every cuisine there is out there.

Pasta consists of ultra processed carbs anyway, I eat pasta maybe once or twice a month tops. :rip: 

Rice is absolutely disgusting. I have willingly given up eating it for over a decade. 

Pasta for sure. Rice is eaten with nearly every dish in my cuisine so it would be too hard and too sad to give up.

pasta. 

rice is so versatile, i'm also obsessed with that thai sticky mango rice dessert! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.