Spotify: Top 100 Streamed Female Artists (Overall)

Pop Art

As we start the new year, I thought it would be interesting to see who the Top 100 streamed female artists on Spotify are. This includes all streams of songs on each artist's page and was compiled via Chartmasters.

# of Artists per Debut Decade

1950s: 2

1980s: 5

1990s: 8

2000s: 25

2010s: 60

1. Taylor Swift
2. Ariana Grande
3. Billie Eilish
4. Dua Lipa
5. Rihanna
6. Beyoncé
7. Lady Gaga
8. Nicki Minaj
9. Adele
10. Halsey

11. Selena Gomez
12. Sia
13. Lana Del Rey
14. Katy Perry
15. Doja Cat
16. Camila Cabello
17. KAROL G
18. Shakira
19. Demi Lovato
20. Miley Cyrus

21. Olivia Rodrigo
22. Cardi B
23. Ellie Goulding
25. SZA
25. P!nk
26. BLACKPINK
27. Little Mix
28. Marília Mendonça
29. Ava Max
30. Anne-Marie

31. Britney Spears
32. Bebe Rexha
33. Zara Larsson
34. Mariah Carey
35. Lorde
36. Meghan Trainor
37. TWICE
38. Megan Thee Stallion
39. Melanie Martinez
40. Rita Ora

41. Alicia Keys
42. Madonna
43. Hailee Steinfeld
44. Tove Lo
45. Alessia Cara
46. Whitney Houston
47. ROSALÍA
48. Avril Lavigne
49. Christina Aguilera
50. Kelly Clarkson

51. Fifth Harmony
52. Natti Natasha
53. Jennifer Lopez
54. Becky G
55. Lizzo
56. Amy Winehouse
57. Kesha
58. Tones and I
59. Céline Dion
60. Tate McRae

61. Summer Walker
62. H.E.R.
63. Jessie J
64. Maria Becerra
65. Charli XCX
66. Anitta
67. Kehlani
68. Birdy
69. Julia Michaels
70. TINI

71. Sabrina Carpenter
72. Jhené Aiko
73. MARINA
74. Mabel
75. Noah Cyrus
76. Mitski
77. Destiny's Child
78. Norah Jones
79. Christina Perri
80. Iggy Azalea

81. Kali Uchis
82. RAYE
83. Aitana
84. Nelly Furtado
85. girl in red
86. Aya Nakamura
87. Carly Rae Jepsen
88. Enya
89. Carrie Underwood
90. Aretha Franklin

91. Danna Paola
92. WILLOW
93. Ruth B.
94. Dolly Parton
95. Madison Beer
96. Luísa Sonza
97. Astrid S
98. Colbie Caillat
99. Lauryn Hill
100. Annie Lennox

Thoughts? Any surprises? :gaycat3:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Art

• Armani?

• Power love

• swissman

It's always been so weird to me that the 60s and 70s produced so few massive female artists the way other decades have.

I also find it surprising that we're now 3 years into the 2020s and not a single artist who debuted this decade has made it into this list. 🤔 Olivia should count but since she had a few songs come out before 2020, *technically* she doesn't.

Billie is the most impressive. With only 2 albums and 1 ep whew.

Also Gaga Top 7 :clap3:

I thought Kate Bush was going to be here only with the Running Up That Hill streams.

13 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

It's always been so weird to me that the 60s and 70s produced so few massive female artists the way other decades have.

I also find it surprising that we're now 3 years into the 2020s and not a single artist who debuted this decade has made it into this list. 🤔 Olivia should count but since she had a few songs come out before 2020, *technically* she doesn't.

It's not really that those decades didn't didn't produce major artists its that older catalogs naturally tend to get less plays than new ones. DianaRoss, Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer are bigger than most in that list even though they're not in it.

Edited by brazil

11 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

There were several massively successful women artists in the 60's and 70's, it's just that music critics and historians have tended to overlook them for their male peers.

Diana Ross/The Supremes, Linda Ronstadt, Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer were pulling numbers just as good as many of their male peers in their day but they'd never be treated with the same importance as The Beatles, Stones, Stevie Wonder, Bowie etc. unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Bonicap said:

I thought Kate Bush was going to be here only with the Running Up That Hill streams.

#100 has 2.186B streams — Kate has 1.575B.

2 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Shocked at Enya and Annie making it over Janet, Kylie and Cyndi

Enya: 2.45B

Annie: 2.186B

Kylie: 1.91B

Cyndi: 1.77B

Janet: < 1.411B (she's not in the Top 1000 Artists and that's what #1000 is at)

Gaga really should be top 5, but top 10 is cute. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, brazil said:

It's not really that those decades didn't didn't produce major artists its that older catalogs naturally tend to get less plays than new ones. Diana Ross and Donna Summer are bigger than most in that list even though they're not in it.

1 minute ago, Planet Mars said:

There were several massively successful women artists in the 60's and 70's, it's just that music critics and historians have tended to overlook them for their male peers.

Diana Ross/The Supremes, Linda Ronstadt, Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer were pulling numbers just as good as many of their male peers in their day but they'd never be treated with the same importance as The Beatles, Stones, Stevie Wonder, Bowie etc. unfortunately.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself correctly. I know there were big female artists from that time, but it feels like none have endured in terms of continued consumption in the way many from after that period (and some from before that period) have. I feel like whenever you look at these sorts of lists and break it down by decade like I tried to, it very often is missing those decades while those from the 80s (and of course beyond) are present. Idk, call it a gut feeling.

JohnWayneHolland

There must be an error here, i was told that Lady Gaga was a streaming poison, she shouldn't even be top 50 :huh:

Mariah so high, despite being the first artist of the 90s :jonny:

Britney being there, despite her team sabotaging and barely playlisting her :jonny:

the way Rihanna could be 1# if she releases :clap3:

40 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Olivia should be counted for 2020s. Her debut single is very beginning of 2020s.

The previous release is just for her Disney show.

Faves at 4, 5, 15, and 42

8 minutes ago, Power love said:

Not Katy Perry slaying!  Wow Britney is very low shocking. 

She’s #3 for 90s artists and #1 if you exclude the acts who made their global debuts in the 2000s/2010s. 

Stay pressed, though. :coffee:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.