• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This is my problem with them. The music is very much created to be tiktokable streaming hits.

The longest song being 2.5 minutes is so ridiculous :deadbanana4:

It’s so annoying ETA is so short. I love everything about it except it’s length

Yeah and people say short songs make you wanna repeat the songs more often but for me it actually has the opposite effect. The songs get boring so fast since there is so little substance and it feels repetitive very fast. One of my favorite things about kpop has always been the variation within a song and how distinct every single part of a song sounds (verses, pre-chorus, chorus, post chorus, bridges, outros etc) compared to western music which often feels very monotone.
And since the New Jeans songs are sooo short it just feels like one long hook

• Like 3

:smiley:

Edited by TheCal

1 hour ago, xfreshkidxx said:

New jeans ep was boring and bad. IVE remain unbothered with the best album this year 

vvwPllF.gif

*crickets* and rightfully so

IVE's album got old after like a week bffr. Them 2012'd Katy Perry rejects can only go so far I guess

vvwPllF.gif

Edited by aesthetic bih
  • Thumbs Down 3

They really said we're gonna end this song ASAP :rip:

I was JUST getting into it then it ended :'(

ETA is a bop though, it's for the anti-soft music stans who only listen to loud, upbeat and obnoxious songs but it still has that NewJeans touch so it's tolerable

Release of the Year I fear :mandown:

4 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

IVE's album got old after like a week bffr. Them 2012'd Katy Perry rejects can only go so far I guess

vvwPllF.gif

which tracks? name them :celestial:

it's not quite there yet, but ETA gives Hype boy energy

it's very catchy 

favorites are super shy, ETA and their first EP 

NewJean's chart success is what Adspa would've had if SM wasn't such a shitty company unfortunately and everything went right for Adspa (i.e., LTS + Girls era, LSM vs. SM debacle, and long hiatus did not happen). So, I understand why some Adspa stans fume each time NJ experiences winning cuz that could've been Adspa's, hypothetically.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

vvwPllF.gif

Dragging pop music isn’t gonna make you cool :cm: Despite releasing pure pop music all their title tracks are different from each other. I’VE has more range than whatever Get up was. 

hated newjeans' rollout 

it's just too much and the album ends up not having a clear concept 

they should've released cool with you as pre single and asap as main and that was it

8 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

which tracks? name them :celestial:

Kitsch, I AM and Not Your Girl sounds straight out of Teenage Dream. 

6 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

NewJean's chart success is what Adspa would've had if SM wasn't such a shitty company unfortunately and everything went right for Adspa (i.e., LTS + Girls era, LSM vs. SM debacle, and long hiatus did not happen). So, I understand why some Adspa stans fume each time NJ experiences winning cuz that could've been Adspa's, hypothetically.

spacer.png

+ In a parallel universe where Min Heejin didn't leave SM, aespa might have debuted with the same concept/songs

3 minutes ago, Tomek said:

hated newjeans' rollout 

it's just too much and the album ends up not having a clear concept 

they should've released cool with you as pre single and asap as main and that was it

Agree about the roll out! Wish they waited a little bit more between Super shy and the mini! And Not you choosing the two less friendly TT :deadbanana4:

Just now, aesthetic bih said:

Kitsch, I AM and Not Your Girl sounds straight out of Teenage Dream. 

i assume you’ve never listened to teenage dream before?:ahh:

My ranking 

1. ETA 

2. Super Shy

3. New Jeans

4. Cool with You 

5. Get up 

:clap3:

overall 

1. Ditto

2. Hype Boy 

3. Attention

4. ETA

5. Super Shy 

6. OMG

7. New Jeans

8. Cookie

9. Cool with you 

10. Get up 

:gaycat2:

4 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Dragging pop music isn’t gonna make you cool :cm: Despite releasing pure pop music all their title tracks are different from each other. I’VE has more range than whatever Get up was. 

Of course they are, I can tell them apart. I was talking about their debut album which to me got old fast, like why are you trying to argue with that? You wanna force me to listen to IVE's album even when I said I did not enjoy and got tired of it after the first week, like..?

I like how you're making things up to make me look bad, like I wasn't trying to be cool by dragging pop music. I just said that IVE album is not better than NJ's Get Up, get over it.

eta soty

1 hour ago, xfreshkidxx said:

New jeans ep was boring and bad. IVE remain unbothered with the best album this year 

vvwPllF.gif

a barb

always the wrong takes on everything :redface:

• Haha 2

so we know NewJeans and IVE are definitely in the holy trinity of this generation, but which group is the third? :gaycat2:

24 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

vvwPllF.gif

IVE is obviously not releasing music for Pitchfork writers but they gave us fun and glitter which is sometimes highly appreciated 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flomik said:

+ In a parallel universe where Min Heejin didn't leave SM, aespa might have debuted with the same concept/songs

More like "White Fox" which was scrapped eventually 

:gaycat2:

Where’s the lie though? :superman:

4 minutes ago, Rino said:

so we know NewJeans and IVE are definitely in the holy trinity of this generation, but which group is the third? :gaycat2:

gidle I'd say based on digital 

2 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i assume you’ve never listened to teenage dream before?:ahh:

I AM -> Part of Me

Kitsch and Not Your Girl -> sounds like something Bonnie McKee would write for Katy during 2012

That's just my opinion. No one's stopping you from listening to IVE because of what I think, chill